2021 Draft Needs

Marino1313

Scout Team
Reaction score
In no particular order

RB obvious reasons
WR Wilson and Hurns prob gonners
OT need depth
C need replacement for Karras (most likely gone)
DL (replacement for Godchaux) doubt we resign him
LB couple are free agents
S need depth

In no particular order

RB obvious reasons
WR Wilson and Hurns prob gonners
OT need depth
C need replacement for Karras (most likely gone)
DL (replacement for Godchaux) doubt we resign him
LB couple are free agents
S need depth
I agree with most of it except having to replace Karras. He's been our most consistent O-line guy and I hope we bring him back.

Tough to be definitive this early... but I'll take a stab at this.

1) Slot WR (we've got nothing here, but Wilson for one more year)
2) Right Tackle (Hunt doesn't look like the answer. Davis looks like a 6th man)
3) ILB (our MLBs both came here on one year, back-up contracts. Neither is a starter)
4) RB (no comments required)
5) Flanker (After Preston, what do we have)
6) Edge (I would put Edge on this list if we had Cameron Wake in his prime. You ALWAYS look for an Edge)

I left Center off my list, because I think we will, at least, try to resign Karras for a reasonable price, but if he walks... I'd put the position at #5, ahead of Flanker.

WR
RB
LB
DL
FS
C
OT

I like our tackles. I like our center too. The whole OL is pretty good.
I hope Miami signs Karras, otherwise center is a need. Not sure on Hunt yet, but at least Davis is playing fairly well.

Wide receiver is the obvious need. I think the Dolphins need two. Really interested to see what free agents are out there. Maybe that can be the way to go with the running back position.

I think we need a T. I think Hunt is okay at RT and obviously Jackson is good at LT. Both will get better the second year. They can stay. But, I would move Hunt to guard and draft a LT. I would look for this guy from Kentucky who just played Bama for LT, Landon Young, he is perfect for LT, move Jackson to RT, and move Hunt to guard. Hopefully we get him in seventh round.

We need 2-3 WR. Jakeem is okay. Obviously Parker can stay, but we essentially need to refill the rest of the WR roster 2-5.

RB, we need to add a top guy, Etienne or Najee to Gaskins and Ahmed.
QB, only Tua is signed for next year. Need to get another one.

On defense, we need 1-2 linebackers in draft. I would get at lest one.
And a safety. Rowe is a standout, we need another standout at S.

Draft needs I would say: WR, WR, WR, RB, T, QB, LB, LB, S.

I think we need a T. I think Hunt is okay at RT and obviously Jackson is good at LT. Both will get better the second year. They can stay. But, I would move Hunt to guard and draft a LT. I would look for this guy from Kentucky who just played Bama for LT, Landon Young, he is perfect for LT, move Jackson to RT, and move Hunt to guard. Hopefully we get him in seventh round.

We need 2-3 WR. Jakeem is okay. Obviously Parker can stay, but we essentially need to refill the rest of the WR roster 2-5.

RB, we need to add a top guy, Etienne or Najee to Gaskins and Ahmed.
QB, only Tua is signed for next year. Need to get another one.

On defense, we need 1-2 linebackers in draft. I would get at lest one.
And a safety. Rowe is a standout, we need another standout at S.

Draft needs I would say: WR, WR, WR, RB, T, QB, LB, LB, S.
Take a Loooong look at Abraham Lucas. He is a unicorn... a pass-blocking tackle with great movement skills, who plays RIGHT Tackle. Yes, Tua's blind side.

Almost all Tackles with this skill set are Left Tackles, but not only does Lucas already play on Tua's blind side, he is an Outland trophy candidate, and is considered by some to have the best feet in this draft.

Best of all... he isn't widely considered to be a 1st (or even 2nd) round choice... because he doesn't play on the Left side. He could be the perfect choice for us and we are the only team in the NFL with a left handed QB.

Take a Loooong look at Abraham Lucas. He is a unicorn... a pass-blocking tackle with great movement skills, who plays RIGHT Tackle.

Excellent choice too. Kudos. I agree, that's exactly what we need, day 3 or 4rd round guy like that, but day 3 find preferred.

As an 'in general', I consider the draft to be two drafts...

The first 2 days (3 rounds), you find starters and high ceiling players.
The last day, you take rotational players, projects, and bust candidates.

Yes... I know this is sort of implied, but you have to change your focus on day three. Award points for different things... You look at a guy like Van Ginkle and think... well... athletically he isn't the best, but he plays like his hair is on fire. Or... we really need a long-snapper and if we draft a guy, we'll control him for years...

You really aren't thinking immediate star.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom