2nd Kobe Accuser Suicide Attempt Reported | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Kobe Accuser Suicide Attempt Reported

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I've read the other threads regarding the Kobe Bryant situation and the disagreements over his accusers mental state. Some in here have made the contention that it is unlikely that the suicide attempt at her parents house would ever be admitted into court and in and of itself it's debateable whether or not this is true.

It is now being reported by local news outlets here in LA that Kobe's accuser was also hospitalized for a definite suicide attempt two months prior to the one that's been reported as having occured at her parents house. In this instance she also took pills and was discovered by someone who (I believe) worked for the university where she attends school. This information has been verified by the local police chief near the school.

What this clearly shows beyond anything that has or has not been reported, is that this girl is someone who is desperately crying out for attention. As a former police officer I have dealt with a multitude of suicides and suicide attempts and I have studied the psychology behind what drives someone to make this decision in both my undergraduate studies and in classes taken to further my police skills.

Two failed suicide attempts in the span of six months is a clear and unmistakeable indication that this girl is crying out for help (for reasons unknown), is unstable, and is likely unable to make sound decisions regarding emotional situations which this may well have been if Kobe had told her that he was no longer willing to continue the relationship; this may be her way of reacting to a breakup.

As far as the admissibility of this in a court of law, there is little doubt that with two suicide attempts within six months of the rape claim, that the defense will easily be able to get this admitted. It speaks directly to her mental state and to her decision making ability which, clearly, is not sound.

Additionally, this second suicide attempt may well be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back when it comes to the prosecution of this case as there is a very good chance that the DA may be forced to drop the charges altogether as his witness/victim continues to be roundly discredited.

Finally, for those of you who keep making the argument that she is not seeking money out of this situation because she hasn't filed a civil suit seeking monetary damages, it is clear that you do not understand the Amercian judicial process and I would advise that you refrain from making these comments as they only make you sound ignorant (I say that in as benign a manner as possible- i.e. that wasn't personal.) It would be absolute prosecutorial as well as plantiff case suicide to file a civil suit while a criminal process is ongoing as it would send a clear signal to a jury and/or a prosecutor that the true motivation behind the case was, in fact, money. This would annihilate the victim/plantiff's (victim in criminal trials, plantiff in civil) case ultimately destroying any chance for either a conviction or a settlement. Furthermore, even if she were stupid enough to file a civil suit at this point there is not a civil judge in this nation that would allow his/her trial to take place while an ongoing criminal trial for the same offense is also occuring. The trial would be delayed until well after the conclusion of the criminal trial which would, therefore, benefit the accuser in no way, shape , or form.

The above doesn't mean I do or do not believe that she is in this for the money; in fact, I suspect that it didn't start out that way if it ends up being so. My guess about the whole situation is that she is a wildly unstable individual who has absolutely no emotional coping ability whatsoever which likely lead her to create a rape in her mind when Kobe told her that there would be no future relationship stemming from their encounter(s).

Hopefully this provides a bit of education for some of you who would immediately think one way or the other on this situation without the gathering as many facts as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big news.

And an informative post. :up:

The physical evidence in this case has not been presented. There was supposedly bruises and other signs of abuse. When the trial starts, the F-A-C-T-S about the case will be revealed. I firmly stand by the belief that nothing has been proven for either side except that sexual intercourse took place. I don't want to speculate, especially based on tabloid information.

BTW, I stand by my previous statements. They were not based in ignorance

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all I'm going to say on this topic until the public gets to know the facts of the case. There are two sides of the spectrum. On one hand there's Tawana Bradley, this high profiled accuser turned out to be full of it. The Bryant case could end up like this. On the other hand there's that millionare from New York(forgot his name) that was caught by the bounty hunters who was a sexual predator. The Bryant case may end up like this but either way I hope those twelve men make the right decision. I'm done.(Bash away!)

Back
Top Bottom