2nd Round QB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Round QB's

Reaction score
Assuming we miss out on guys like Leinart, Cutler, Young, etc... in the first round which leads us to draft a CB, OL or WR with out first pick, are there any quality QBs that are projected to be 2nd rounders that we can groom under a Frerotte/McNair? If so, what are their pros and cons.

McNair is great. I'm guessing the above poster doesn't want to spend the money to bring him in for a year.

no need to bring in another vet QB, frerotte will do fine. he's not as good as mcnair, but at least there won't be any relearning process with frerotte

Phinatic03 said:
Any suggestions for the original post?

I kind of like Darrell Hackney.

Pros: He has good arm strength and decent accuracy, he's strong, and fairly mobile, a leader.
Cons: Doesn't have great height at 6-1, has had problems with his weight, mechanics could be better, needs to improve decision-making. And he plays against(and with) crap competition.

A good 2nd-3rd round pickup if we miss out on Cutler IMO.

I might get killed for this, but i like Brodie Croyle

KEEP AN EYE ON THESE 2 GUYS:
Coyle from Alabama
and Charlie Whitehurst from Clemson

Saban knows them very well, from coaching against them last year. If Cutler is not there in the 16th rd, watch for one of these guys in the 2nd rd.
They both have had some injuries in the past, but when healthy they have the leadership and strong arm suited for our O.

Croyle is the only true second round QB & there may not be a 3rd round QB.

PHINSfan said:
KEEP AN EYE ON THESE 2 GUYS:
Coyle from Alabama
and Charlie Whitehurst from Clemson

Saban knows them very well, from coaching against them last year. If Cutler is not there in the 16th rd, watch for one of these guys in the 2nd rd.
They both have had some injuries in the past, but when healthy they have the leadership and strong arm suited for our O.

Clemson is in the ACC, Saban coached against them?

Back
Top Bottom