2nd Round Wide Receivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Round Wide Receivers

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of mocks lately that have as many as six wide receivers going in round 1. With the passing game such a priority in the NFL these days that is a possibility. But, I really wanted to discuss the wr's that could/should be there in the 2nd round. It's possible Miami goes wide receiver or tight end (Eifert) in the first, but I still think it's more likely a position the team fills in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Here are some I think will drop. Would love to hear others thoughts as well.

Robert Woods -- The way USC is using him this year can't help his stock. I think he could be a real good fit for Miami, though, because his strengths are route running and he knows how to get open. His skills won't wow you, but he is a good player and probably ends up going end of round 1.

Stedman Bailey --- Probably too small to be drafted in the 1st, but that's still a possibility. I like his toughness (love the video with Bailey going against Claibourne) and his productivity. Seems to know how to get open.

Terrence Williams --- Need to hear from someone whose seen him play first hand. Has the size and speed. How would he fit in a Philibin offense?

Aaron Dobson -- Intriguing guy, but I haven't seen him live. Looks to have really strong hands to make some great catches. I'd guess his speed is 4.55 range.

Marquess Wilson -
- I really think he goes round 1 and could be someone Miami trades up for if he falls a little bit. I would love an Eifert/Wilson scenario with a trade back up.

Da'Rick Rogers -- Ability is there, but you've got to answer the character issues. May drop to round 3.

Kenny Stills --- Also a guy who might drop to round 3.

Am I forgetting anyone?

How about DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson?
Yep, if he comes out I'd put him in the 2nd round.

Markus Wheaton, some people like Keenan Davis and Cobi Hamilton.

And this kid...Aaron Mellette.

[video=youtube;swnBirD6HR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swnBirD6HR4[/video]

Wheaton towards the bottom of the second, I think.

Based on that video of Mellette, he is raw as all hell. Not a guy who's going to produce for you for a while.

Aaron Dobson is still a stud. He's facing more double teams and bracket coverage than any WR in the country this year.

Wheaton towards the bottom of the second, I think.

Based on that video of Mellette, he is raw as all hell. Not a guy who's going to produce for you for a while.
More productive than Brain Quick who the Rams took 33rd overall...about the same measurables...only reason I put him up there.

no thanks on any more raw playing against terrible comp project wrs...i've learned that lesson already with gates...mellette i'll pass...give me someone who's played and excelled against solid comp at least...and someone ready to contribute from the jump...they're out there

no thanks on any more raw playing against terrible comp project wrs...i've learned that lesson already with gates...mellette i'll pass...give me someone who's played and excelled against solid comp at least...and someone ready to contribute from the jump...they're out there

DeAndre mother****ing Hopkins!!

Not saying he's a target for us but like Brian Quick was a reach this kid has a chance someone reaches for him. That's all I'm saying.

I am tempted to say Quinton Patton but I think he'll go early 3rd round.

And DeAndre Hopkins is not top 20.

Not saying he's a target for us but like Brian Quick was a reach this kid has a chance someone reaches for him. That's all I'm saying.

I am tempted to say Quinton Patton but I think he'll go early 3rd round.

And DeAndre Hopkins is not top 20.

Wrong.

:lol:

Aaron Dobson is still a stud. He's facing more double teams and bracket coverage than any WR in the country this year.
I like what I've seen of him on tape. Who would you compare him to and do you think he'd be a good fit for a WC offense like Miami's?

Back
Top Bottom