2nd Round Wide Receivers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Round Wide Receivers

brian quick is a camp or two away from roberto wallace status...
I don't disagree I'm just saying the Rams took Donnie Avery in 2008 with the #33 pick and now they've taken Brian Quick at #33...there's always one GM who's thinking outside the box. If the kids been productive and he's got the measurables someone will take a chance on him. I'm not concerned cause I know it won't be us.

I like what I've seen of him on tape. Who would you compare him to and do you think he'd be a good fit for a WC offense like Miami's?

Well I'm a firm believer that explosive talent fits any offense. I don't know of any offense where talent doesn't fit.

A lot of the concepts that Marshall runs under Doc Holliday fit West Coast principles. Holliday has coached a lot of receivers in college that were fits in a WCO at the next level, going all the way back to Koren Robinson and Jerricho Cotchery.

I'm not sure who I'd compare Dobson to because there's a lot of comparisons to be made, although he's always reminded me a little bit of Germane Crowell when he came out of Virginia some years back.

Well I'm a firm believer that explosive talent fits any offense. I don't know of any offense where talent doesn't fit.

A lot of the concepts that Marshall runs under Doc Holliday fit West Coast principles. Holliday has coached a lot of receivers in college that were fits in a WCO at the next level, going all the way back to Koren Robinson and Jerricho Cotchery.

I'm not sure who I'd compare Dobson to because there's a lot of comparisons to be made, although he's always reminded me a little bit of Germane Crowell when he came out of Virginia some years back.
The latest Bleacher Report mock had him going late first round.

[video=youtube;va3cuLHgIbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va3cuLHgIbQ[/video]

Never seen that kid before I read this thread. What little I can find of him online is very impressive. He has tremendous acceleration and those hands are magnetic. Good route runner. Great blocker. Marshall seem to play a high tempo offense with a lot of variety, which suits ours. I am impressed. Would like to find more to watch on him.

I don't disagree I'm just saying the Rams took Donnie Avery in 2008 with the #33 pick and now they've taken Brian Quick at #33...there's always one GM who's thinking outside the box. If the kids been productive and he's got the measurables someone will take a chance on him. I'm not concerned cause I know it won't be us.

Donnie Avery wasn't looking bad for them before his knee exploded to be fair. Quick was a measurable pick. Extremely raw but it does say something that he can't get many looks with Amendola hurt and the other WRs being Steve Smith, Brandon Gibson, and Chris Givens (who to be fair is proving to be a great deep threat).

Dobson is an interesting prospect. DC had him as top senior WR preseason (rankings haven't been updated since Terrence Williams is 3rd) and dude catches everything

Donnie Avery wasn't looking bad for them before his knee exploded to be fair. Quick was a measurable pick. Extremely raw but it does say something that he can't get many looks with Amendola hurt and the other WRs being Steve Smith, Brandon Gibson, and Chris Givens (who to be fair is proving to be a great deep threat).

Dobson is an interesting prospect. DC had him as top senior WR preseason (rankings haven't been updated since Terrence Williams is 3rd) and dude catches everything
Dobson was on my radar but unfortunately I switched internet service providers and I no longer have access to ESPN3.com. Marshall is never on TV so I can't get a look at this kid.

Someone said Marquess Wilson could slip to the 3rd round. This kid might slip further than that...seems he has some off-field issues.

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Washington State star receiver Marquess Wilson was suspended on Monday for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Team spokesman Bill Stevens could not say how long the suspension would last or specifics about why Wilson was punished by first-year coach Mike Leach.

The Moscow-Pullman Daily News reported Monday that Wilson stormed out of a team practice early on Sunday evening.

Washington State (2-7, 0-6) was blown out 49-6 at Utah on Saturday for their sixth consecutive loss. Afterward, Leach complained that the effort of his players was "bordering on cowardice."

"That could have been a zombie convention," he said of his team's play.

Wilson, a junior, has been the target of Leach's criticism for much of the season, and has recently been demoted from his starting position despite leading the team in receiving. Wilson has caught 52 passes for 813 yards and five touchdowns this season.

Last season, he caught 82 passes for 1,388 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Washington State plays No. 17 UCLA in Pullman on Saturday.

The issues with Wilson go all the way back to the spring. Leach has been trying to coach him up in an attempt to get him to practice and work hard since he took to the job.... no success.

Leach is strange and has his own history of bizarre behavior, but you have to question Wilson's ability to be coached at this point. Leach is tasked with trying to change the losing culture at Washington St. and was tired of the lazy and sloppy practice habits.

If the right coach can get through to him, they'll have themselves a playmaking wide receiver in Wilson.... but it's risky at this point. I don't see teams shying away from him very long once he makes it out of the 1st round. Certainly don't think the odds are good of Wilson coming back to play another year under Leach..... might as well declare early and move on if it's just not going to work out for you in Pullman.

Kids like Mike Williams have quit on their team in the middle of the season, get drafted in the 4th round, and become a starter quickly.

Guys like this are perfect fits for the NFL where there's established leadership in the lockerroom. If they won't listen to their coach, they tend to listen to certain guys in the lockerroom. But not always a good fit for college football. Fact is, there's a lot of teams in the NFL who trot out guys in their starting lineups every Sunday that aren't as talented as some of these college kids, and teams will take a chance on talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom