3-4 or 4-3 ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3-4 or 4-3 ?

RANDYNRONNY

Practice Squad
Reaction score
with saban taking over as r new coach rumors have started the day he signed that perhaps a switch was comming in the form of a 3-4 defense
i was looking for any response from you gurus on the differences between the 2 styles

I think we will see more of the 4-3 overall....but in different situations...maybe passing situations the 3-4 will show up on the field more. I think it will be used alot....alot of different looks that will change before the snap. I picturing this defense to a lil more like the Patriots of recent years...

The 4-3 uses 4 down linemen and 3 linebckers. The linebackers tend to be smaller, and quicker. The 3-4 uses 3 down lineman, and it key is to use a huge, powerful NT. The 3 linebackers are also larger, that's why you have been hearing the rumors that LT will be playing the OLB position in the 3-4 formation. I believe that we will still use the 4-3 formation for most of the game, with a few looks using the 3-4. From what i've seen in camp I believe we will be blitzing a lot more this year, also LT has been all over the field. So far the new defense under Saban look really good.

RANDYNRONNY said:
with saban taking over as r new coach rumors have started the day he signed that perhaps a switch was comming in the form of a 3-4 defense
i was looking for any response from you gurus on the differences between the 2 styles

3-4 is better in coverage because you have more people to drop back. Also... you can still always rush 4 like a 4-3 does by having a LB blitz every time. However, you can constantly switch up who that 4th rusher by blitzing different LBs every time to throw the offensive blocking systems off... :evil: In the 4-3, you typically cannot do that...

Nasty

I think we will switch in and out while using the 4-3 more. We do have a good linebacker corps with Thomas Seau, Pope, Spragan, Crowder, I mean so i can see us using our athleticism plus taylor can be mixed in that as well. All and all i think our team will surprise the **** out of teams early in the season. I look to see us start off nice in week 1 against the broncos

Back
Top Bottom