3rd down efficiency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd down efficiency

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
Just a quick stat that is of enormous importance: 3rd down efficiency: Miami is ranked #3 (50%) in the NFL behind Denver and the Chargers (huh? what?) in third down efficiency offensively and 7th in the NFL defensively. This is a hugely important statistic that we must continue. Along with the turnover ratio which, as we stand now, is +2. These are the trends that will likely define our season as we move forward. If our boys can continue this trend, we are almost certainly playoff bound.

None were more important then the last 3 conversions on the last TD drive versus Atlanta

Those are the statistics that give teams a B line to the playoffs! We have to keep that going.

i predicted 11-5 before the season started, i am changing it to 12-4 and number 2 seed behind the 13-3 Denver Broncos. We are BACK!!!
Alright Miami !!!

i predicted 11-5 before the season started, i am changing it to 12-4 and number 2 seed behind the 13-3 Denver Broncos. We are BACK!!!
Alright Miami !!!

I think 11-5 is pretty realistic. 12-4 would be nice, but it's a long season and there are a lot of variables that come into play. I'd be happy with 10-6 honestly. I think that would get us in. But I'm feeling an 11-5 season and that, too, was my prediction.

First time, long time that I actually believe we can move the stakes on a third and long. It's a very good feeling as opposed to one of despair like it has been the last x amount of years.

Also nice is our Red Zone efficiency!! I think we are 8/9 in the end zone for Touchdowns...something we haven't done in a very long time. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think its something close to that.

Actually it is 7 of 8, best in the land.

But with only 8 tries in 3 games we have to be efficient.

That is a area we need to improve, we need to start making it to the red zone 4 times a game.

I think if we beat the Pats when we play them we will be first in the AFC east.

Back
Top Bottom