4/15 walterfootball 5 round mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4/15 walterfootball 5 round mock

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
6. Miami Dolphins: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Oklahoma_logo-1.gif

TRADE! I think this pick is going to move with the Browns dealing it to the Dolphins or Chargers. Either team could trade up in front of Arizona to land Lane Johnson. I think Miami makes the most sense. Cleveland is without its second-round pick, so getting one of Miami's would be a good value for the Browns. The Dolphins have been very aggressive this offseason and I could see that continuing on draft day. With all the needs on the Chargers' roster, I'm more skeptical that new general manager Tom Telesco will be willing to deal his second-round pick.

The Dolphins' pick at No. 54, via the Colts for Vontae Davis, plus swapping first-rounders; should be enough to get the deal done. Johnson is a perfect scheme fit for Miami's zone-blocking system and could form a nice tandem with Jonathan Martin.

There was a buzz building for Johnson to be a first-rounder following his impressive Senior Bowl performance. His dominant Combine performance has him locked in as a top-10 pick and many believe he has the most upside of any offensive tackle.

Johnson was a 2-year starter at Oklahoma and a good edge-blocker for Landry Jones. Johnson protected the blind side of his quarterback extremely well in 2012. The senior had a strong game against Texas protecting his signal-caller versus some good Longhorn pass-rushers. He did that again versus Texas A&M in his collegiate finale.

Johnson has nice athleticism with quick feet to mirror speed-rushers. The 6-foot-6, 302-pounder showed at the Senior Bowl that he is a viable left tackle prospect for the NFL. He started at right tackle for the Sooners in 2011 having played tight end and defensive end the previous season. Johnson redshirted in 2009.

Depending on which team drafts him, Johnson could start his career at right tackle before moving over to the left side.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QjP1b-1FZQ

42. Miami Dolphins: Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
clear.gif

Miami grabs a cornerback who is a good scheme fit and ready to start. The Dolphins have shown interest in Taylor.

Taylor helped himself with a good week of practice at the Senior Bowl. He showed the ability to be a man-cover corner and a zone corner.

Taylor (5-11, 192) is a gritty and physical player. He didn't play very much for Boise State until late in his collegiate career. Taylor recorded two interceptions and 27 tackles with six passes broken up in 2011, despite missing four games. The senior had a strong 2012 with four interceptions, 51 tackles and nine passes broken up. He put together a strong Combine performance with a 40 time of 4.39 and a good performance on the bench press (22 reps).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMHLTcEs3bI

77. Miami Dolphins: Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
clear.gif

The Dolphins grab another cornerback, but supposedly they are transitioning to more zone coverage. As a result, Miami can find corner values on the second day.

While Johnthan Banks has received the majority of the attention, Slay had a strong senior season and is a good prospect in his own right. He had five interceptions, 40 tackles and six passes broken up this year. Slay held up well when teams stayed away from Banks, and Slay showed some man-coverage ability. He had 24 tackles, an interception and four passes defensed in 2011.

Slay (6-0, 192) excelled at the Combine. He blazed a fast 40 time (4.36) and looked good in the field drills. Slay's stock has been rising, and some feel he could go ahead of Banks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4kAbAJg-J0

82. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State
SanJoseState_logo-1.gif

The Dolphins could use another receiving tight end and have shown interest in Otten.

Otten (6-6, 245) was a productive player for San Jose State. He hauled in 47 receptions for 742 yards and four touchdowns as a senior. Otten had a strong junior season with 52 receptions for 739 yards and five touchdowns.

Otten impressed scouts at the Senior Bowl with his play on the field and his determination. Sources told WalterFootball.com that Otten was among the group of players who got sick in Mobile. Even though he couldn't keep food down, he toughed it out and practiced all week. Oregon tackle Kyle Long pulled out of the Senior Bowl because of the same sickness.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bWctRkdlKA

111. Miami Dolphins: Cornelius Washington, DE/OLB, Georgia
Georgia_logo-1.gif

The Dolphins could use another edge-rusher. Washington could form a fast, athletic trio with Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon.

Scouts love the potential of Washington (6-4, 264). They see his strong frame and explosiveness. He has been a linebacker and defensive end, but in the NFL, he should play end. Washington recorded just 22 tackles, three tackles for a loss and .5 sacks in 2012. In 2011 and 2009, he had five sacks and four sacks respectively. His highest tackle total was 24 in 2010. Washington had an excellent Combine performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KSD-XriyTQ

146. Miami Dolphins: Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon
clear.gif

The Dolphins let Reggie Bush leave Miami. Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller figure to be the lead backs, but Barner could be a nice option to round out Miami's stable of backs.

Barner ripped off big yardage for Oregon all year as its feature back. He had 1,767 yards and 21 touchdowns and averaged 6.4 yards per carry in 2012. Barner also snagged 20 receptions for 256 yards and two touchdowns. He ran for 321 yards and five touchdowns against USC, but had some struggles against California and Stanford.

Barner had a strong season in 2011 despite splitting carries with LaMichael James and D'Anthony Thomas. Barner ran for 939 yards and 11 touchdowns, averaging 6.2 yards per carry. He also can contribute as a punt returner.

Barner is a threat to score on any carry, but he doesn't compile yards after contact. Barner had a decent week at the Senior Bowl and looked better than expected in blitz protection.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYj8rXeAUGk

166. Miami Dolphins: Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma
Oklahoma_logo-1.gif

The Dolphins get some secondary depth.

Jefferson was the Big XII Freshman of the Year in 2010. He started nine games and recorded 65 tackles, seven tackles for a loss, two sacks, two interceptions and seven passes broken up.

The athletic and instinctive Jefferson (5-10, 212) played excellent football in 2011. He totaled 74 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, four interceptions, three passes broken up and a forced fumble.

Jefferson started this year with 10 tackles and a pass broken up against UTEP. He was held out of the majority of the second game with a minor injury, but came back to total 14 tackles against Kansas State. Jefferson also played well against Notre Dame. He didn't have as good of performances versus West Virginia and Oklahoma State.

The junior led Oklahoma in tackles this year. He also broke up three passes and snagged two interceptions. Jefferson was named a First-Team All-Big XII pick and a Second-Team All-American, but his play tailed off late in the season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6BtOQrRQko

if this happened I would hope we sign John Abraham

-I agree with the trade up and the pick @6

-I agree with the back-to-back DB selections(Not to fond of the choices). I can easily see that happening!

-Why-The-Hell would we pick up "Kenjon Barner, RB"? If anything we're very likely to pick-up a bigger size back. I think the F.O. wants a back-up plan for D.Thomas.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

This is a tricky spot because it could potentially take away form O.Vernons development in that department.

if this happened I would hope we sign John Abraham

not really sold on moving up in the draft for a OT and to give up a 2nd round pick to move up 6 spots is not something i would do.let the chips fall as they may and then draft either CB,TE,DE,S with the 12 th and then go Oline in 2nd and 3rd rounds.i just want to see us build with the draft and giving away our picks will not help.we spent a boat load of $ on FA this year but some are on 1 year deals.if Grimes and Keller leave next year we could have there replacement allready drafted.just like we did withTannenhill-Moore,
Long-Martin,Bush-Miller,Fasano -Egnew although that did not work out well up to this date.
perhaps Ireland does the same thing this year drafting players just in case we loose our own FA such as STARKS,SOLIA,JONES,KELLER,GRIMES,BESS,CLEMMONS and MISI ?

The best pick is obviously Washington at 111. People are still sleeping on him. I can't see him making it out of the 2nd.

I'd tolerate the trade up- couldn't hate picking up a young upside like that. They already got Tanne weapons now keep him on his feet.

Doubling down on CBs like that - not so sure. Prob take a TE (Ertz, etc) at 42 and a LB at 82. We can't forget we still need depth at LB.

I'd like to see us sign Winston and trade back to 18 where Dallas is for their 3rd rounder (80) and take Eifert. But the trade up is very possible.. I like most the picks except for Otten... I would rather have Kelce who was available in this mock.... too see the whole mock where I got this information go to www.walterfootball.com

idk why they have Barner in there.. I could see someone like Leveon, Lattimore, Stepfan Taylor, Michael, Gillislee

I like it but a trade with Dallas holds water too.

Back
Top Bottom