4.3 receiver we need to get.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4.3 receiver we need to get....

WaxOn WaxOff

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Darrius Heyward-Bey is rumored to be getting the ax at Oakland. Kid ran a 4.3 at the combine. He can be had for NO draft pick. Don't want him? Then stop obsessing over combine measurements. OK this is sarcasm.

Sign Ben Wallace
Draft OT, DE, or CB rd 1.
Draft any of numerous good #2 WR types in round 2.

DE or CB in round 1 if we dont land Wallace or Jennings.

OT....NO

Yes, OT is fine with me. Lane Johnson is fine by me. Tanney not going to do well throwing from his butt.

Pretty sure if Ben Wallace came back he'd pick the pistons over us.

OT is definitely an option in the first round, especially when you have to wrestle with giving Long 11+ million a season (or franchise at 15 million) or giving a guy like Lane Johnson (a pefect ZBS fit) 2.5 million a year to play OT opposite of Jonathan Martin.

I'm not reaching for Eiffert or one of these WRs when I don't think their value is at 12. Lane Johnson would be a solid value at 12 (if he makes it). You'd also have to consider Jonathan Cooper at 12 as well.

Ideally I want a pass rusher, not sure who is going to be there . . . but OL is a strong possibility as well. I'm expecting a few fireworks in free agency so some protection for the franchise (RT) wouldn't be a bad option, especially if you aren't keeping Jake Long.

I'd rather sign this guy for cheap than breaking the bank for Wallace imho.
They are the same player, one just played for an awesome organization with a great qb.
The other played in Oakland.

get ready for mingo to blow the doors off the combine today...

as for heyward bey all that dude would do is frustrate miami fans...not a smart football player at all for this system...pass

Who cares what he ran at the combine? He's an Al Davis special. Track star who can't play football.

Who cares what he ran at the combine? He's an Al Davis special. Track star who can't play football.

He looked pretty good when he played against us... but everyone usually looks good against us... so maybe that isn't a good indicator.

I would sign him if he came cheap no doubt.

OT is definitely an option in the first round, especially when you have to wrestle with giving Long 11+ million a season (or franchise at 15 million) or giving a guy like Lane Johnson (a pefect ZBS fit) 2.5 million a year to play OT opposite of Jonathan Martin.

I'm not reaching for Eiffert or one of these WRs when I don't think their value is at 12. Lane Johnson would be a solid value at 12 (if he makes it). You'd also have to consider Jonathan Cooper at 12 as well.

Ideally I want a pass rusher, not sure who is going to be there . . . but OL is a strong possibility as well. I'm expecting a few fireworks in free agency so some protection for the franchise (RT) wouldn't be a bad option, especially if you aren't keeping Jake Long.
idk, I keep doing the math and Lane Johnson doesn't reach us at 12 anyway.

Joekel is likely KCs pick, Fisher is likely ARIs (aand that's if PHI passes on him), then I can't see Lane Johnson sneaking pass SD, who picks right before us (and that's if TEN passes on him for Warmack, who can also go to PHI at 4). We better re-sign Long and stop playing these games is what I'm saying. ...

If Long walks, LT is a priority, period, no playmaker is going to make it with Martin @LT and a rookie @ RT. Say Johnson or Fisher make it, you select them. Then target best WR no the board in the 2nd (4-5 potential Elites should be there) and you can choose between Lemonier, Datone Jones, Hunt, or Carradine for DE with our other 2nd, or a nice CB like Trufant or Amerson...

idk, I keep doing the math and Lane Johnson doesn't reach us at 12 anyway.

Joekel is likely KCs pick, Fisher is likely ARIs, then I can't see Lane Johnson sneaking pass SD, who picks right before us. We better re-sign Long and stop playing these games is what I'm saying. ...

plus you can't count Philly out from taking an OT and Chicago desperately needs a LT as well. Hell, teams like Dallas, Indy, and St. Louis are so focused on upgrading the interior of the OL I would be shocked to see them trying to trade up for Warmack or Cooper.

With Arizona it's funny, word is starting to leak that Arians wants Matt Barkley at 7. The talent at the skills position in Arizona are ripe to contend, but funny enough, it may be a mistake to pass on OT early for them cause after Johnson and Fisher there is a bit of a drop off.

But as for the topic, DHB looked okay in Oakland in Hue Jackson's offense because it was pretty much run straight down the field. Once they switched to the West Coast Offense this year he looked lost.

plus you can't count Philly out from taking an OT and Chicago desperately needs a LT as well. Hell, teams like Dallas, Indy, and St. Louis are so focused on upgrading the interior of the OL I would be shocked to see them trying to trade up for Warmack or Cooper.

With Arizona it's funny, word is starting to leak that Arians wants Matt Barkley at 7. The talent at the skills position in Arizona are ripe to contend, but funny enough, it may be a mistake to pass on OT early for them cause after Johnson and Fisher there is a bit of a drop off.

But as for the topic, DHB looked okay in Oakland in Hue Jackson's offense because it was pretty much run straight down the field. Once they switched to the West Coast Offense this year he looked lost.

Didn't know that. Then forget him.

Back
Top Bottom