49ers QB coach Geep Chryst: Miami Dolphins’ defense prepared us for New England | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers QB coach Geep Chryst: Miami Dolphins’ defense prepared us for New England

An excellent article. We gave the 49'ers a taste of what would come in New England, plus from watching our tapes, they knew how to attack the Patriots.
The 49'ers are a great team, and they are going to be in the thick of the playoffs for many years going forward. It was a very gracious compliment to our staff. Hopefully, we will play against them more often. To be the best you have to beat the best.

The Fins played some good ball around that time without wins. Joe kept the team together and had two nice convincing wins vs. Jax and Buf. Needle is up with the Fins IMO. Progress was made this year.

The fact that we beat one of the hottest teams in Seattle and gave thee hotest team in the leage (the 49ers) a fight should tell you that this team is on the rise.

3 cheers for the plucky losers!

I'm not normally a glass-half-empty guy, but getting a pat on the head from a team that beat you doesn't do it for me.

Just shows there is a lot of talent already on the roster. We really weren't far away last season, which highlights the importance of this offseason.

Losing is never a satisfying option, but since it's after the fact and that our first year coach, team and scheme are being complimented by a team that actually was a play away from a repeat SB performance, IMO, it's a strong validation of our HC's vision and that he's shepherding us in the right direction :idk:

The fact that we beat one of the hottest teams in Seattle and gave thee hotest team in the leage (the 49ers) a fight should tell you that this team is on the rise.

Yea noone wants to hear that though. Nobody has patients anymore

I understand its been a LONG time since Miami was in the big one. But these fans have to realize, the more heads you call for, the more you start over, the longer the road to relevancy. Luckily we've stuck with Ireland, and Ross wasn't a kneejerking idiot giving in to the whims of the fans and fickle media; and now we're setup to really do something in 2013

We lost the game and that's all that matters. Lets try to keep some standards around here.

so no one noticed the part where he said they have no household names? thats the biggest key there. This team has lacked 1 household name since JT left Miami.

so no one noticed the part where he said they have no household names? thats the biggest key there. This team has lacked 1 household name since JT left Miami.

Clicked thread when I saw you had last post. Wanted to see what negative spin you had. Unfortunately I was right... Household names are rare in this league. But Wake, Dansby, Starks, Solia, Jones, while not household names are players and that is the key here. Also coaching and scheme rule the day. I was at that game and going in was terrified of the weapons and unpredictability of that team on O and we held them down. If it were not for a fumbled punt and a bone headed punt recovery we had a big shot to win that game. And yes moral victories do not count but I was impressed with that team in the context of what we did and, what I thought we would do. Performances like that bode well for the future and any fan that understands that can see this.

This article means crap, we didnt make the playoffs and we are a below 500% team.

Back
Top Bottom