49ers QB coach Geep Chryst: Miami Dolphins’ defense prepared us for New England

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SCLSU Mud Dogs, Jan 30, 2013.

1. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

2. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Good praise. Makes me tingle on the inside.

3. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

An excellent article. We gave the 49'ers a taste of what would come in New England, plus from watching our tapes, they knew how to attack the Patriots.
    The 49'ers are a great team, and they are going to be in the thick of the playoffs for many years going forward. It was a very gracious compliment to our staff. Hopefully, we will play against them more often. To be the best you have to beat the best.

4. studsatele

studsatele Starter Hammered Super Donator Donator

5. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

The Fins played some good ball around that time without wins. Joe kept the team together and had two nice convincing wins vs. Jax and Buf. Needle is up with the Fins IMO. Progress was made this year.

6. The Omen

The Omen Well-Known Member

The fact that we beat one of the hottest teams in Seattle and gave thee hotest team in the leage (the 49ers) a fight should tell you that this team is on the rise.

7. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

3 cheers for the plucky losers!

I'm not normally a glass-half-empty guy, but getting a pat on the head from a team that beat you doesn't do it for me.

8. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Just shows there is a lot of talent already on the roster. We really weren't far away last season, which highlights the importance of this offseason.

9. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Losing is never a satisfying option, but since it's after the fact and that our first year coach, team and scheme are being complimented by a team that actually was a play away from a repeat SB performance, IMO, it's a strong validation of our HC's vision and that he's shepherding us in the right direction :idk:

10. WesternNYDolfan

WesternNYDolfan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Yea noone wants to hear that though. Nobody has patients anymore

I understand its been a LONG time since Miami was in the big one. But these fans have to realize, the more heads you call for, the more you start over, the longer the road to relevancy. Luckily we've stuck with Ireland, and Ross wasn't a kneejerking idiot giving in to the whims of the fans and fickle media; and now we're setup to really do something in 2013

11. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

We lost the game and that's all that matters. Lets try to keep some standards around here.

12. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

so no one noticed the part where he said they have no household names? thats the biggest key there. This team has lacked 1 household name since JT left Miami.

13. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

Clicked thread when I saw you had last post. Wanted to see what negative spin you had. Unfortunately I was right... Household names are rare in this league. But Wake, Dansby, Starks, Solia, Jones, while not household names are players and that is the key here. Also coaching and scheme rule the day. I was at that game and going in was terrified of the weapons and unpredictability of that team on O and we held them down. If it were not for a fumbled punt and a bone headed punt recovery we had a big shot to win that game. And yes moral victories do not count but I was impressed with that team in the context of what we did and, what I thought we would do. Performances like that bode well for the future and any fan that understands that can see this.

14. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

:D Snap

15. xSxPxHx

xSxPxHx Scout Team

This article means crap, we didnt make the playoffs and we are a below 500% team.

16. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

negative? I SPOKE THE TRUTH.
    I dont understand how people are "HAPPY" to see us being a bloew 500 team as long as someone says something good about us.

To me WINS PLAYOFFS CONTENDING SUPERBOWL MAKES ME HAPPY NOT BELOW .500 WITH A GOOD REVIEW FROM A COACH but thats why I strive to be GREAT not average, if everyone had that personality there would be millionaires all over the world.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  17. sirvmac

sirvmac Well-Known Member

I think it's just more about you are upset with the past, and some of us are excited and looking forward to this offseason and next year.
    Yeah obviously last year we didn't get the job done. Everybody knows that.
    But we are not going to be the same team next year.
    People are just happy because we have some awesome pieces going forward.

This was actually a pretty cool article, not the run of the mill ****.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  18. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Whats funny, is you thought MIA would contend this past year. Anyone with half a brain knew what this season had in store for us. But having high expectations, for a rookie QB, a rookie HC and putting this team on sound footing for this year financially were on tap. Sadly, you and many like you, didn't understand what was happening.

This season was about development. And Tannehill did just that. Now keep your heads in the clouds thinking MIA was a SB team this year.

19. mbsinmisc

mbsinmisc Pro Bowler

In the real world there are moral victories. No team goes 19-0 every year. Would I have rather won more than 7 games ?, of course, but I think this franchise is on the right path, and that is all that I ask. Do I expect the Phins to compete for a Superbowl next year ? No, but if this team keeps growing, and we catch a couple of breaks, I think we can be really good in 2015-16.

20. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

Gives some confidence about the future. The key is being able to keep our defense together. We must resign Clemons and sign Jones long term. Then develop a plan about our LB's and DL since several of them are going to be FA's next year.

21. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Toughness on defense is our best trait. Very valuable. I love not being a physical pushover. That was one of the reasons I despised the Marino years, that our offensive style and lackadaisical approach naturally lent itself to beings wimps in the trenches.

Still, without great talent you can't count on the defense to be suffocating every game. There will be logical lapses. We're dependent on intensity and preparation more than outstanding ability. You can't sustain that for four months. Always keep that in mind when the claims show up that we're a top 5 defense...

22. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

You despised the Marino years?

23. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Apalled and aghast Donator

​Nice to hear. Glad we could help, I guess.

24. iambanned

iambanned Banned Hammered

Yeah, I forgot about the dropped punt, but underdog team so often do that. When you tell a team that they have to play a perfect game to win,it almost guarantees some kind of colossal boner will occur. Both that game and the home game against the Pats were pretty much ruined in the first quarter by getting into a whole that they don't have the firepower to crawl out of.
    Also, being that necessity is the mother of invention, neither the Pats nor the '9ers were in any real hurry to bury us in those games and probably would've scored 40+ if they felt it necessary. The Pats ended the aforementioned game with a nice easy TD drive to ice that game too.
    The difference between 7 wins and 10 wins is gigantic for this team. We have to get a LOT better.