4th and 1 Call Big | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4th and 1 Call Big

CA Dolfan

Dolphin fan since '72
Club Member
Reaction score
This was a big call because instead of 3 pts we score a TD. I think the call to go for it shows the confidence in the offense. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's a far cry from the past coaching we've had that was playing not to lose.

I think the other 4 & 1 could've been bigger. the one where we missed the field goal, on that one I think we should've run it down thier throat.

I think the other 4 & 1 could've been bigger. the one where we missed the field goal, on that one I think we should've run it down thier throat.

I can see the point though. We were already up by 2 scores and that would have made it a 3 score game. Carpenter should have made that field goal and I would have been alot more comfortable with the score 20-10 in the 4th quarter. Being up by only a TD made me a little nervous, after what the I'm used to seeing as a Dolphins fan.

WTG offense on running out the last 6 minutes!

nah, Bill . . . I know what u were feeling, I was feeling the same way . . . I feel we can get 3rd or 4th and short every time with this OLine and running game . . . . but it was just a 42 yarder, and would have made the game 20-3 . . . you gotta take those potential points . . . it just looks worse because we missed the FG. There is no guarantee we get in the end zone even if we get the 4th down, u hope that anything under 45 yarders is a gimme, and it didn't work like that.

nah, Bill . . . I know what u were feeling, I was feeling the same way . . . I feel we can get 3rd or 4th and short every time with this OLine and running game . . . . but it was just a 42 yarder, and would have made the game 20-3 . . . you gotta take those potential points . . . it just looks worse because we missed the FG. There is no guarantee we get in the end zone even if we get the 4th down, u hope that anything under 45 yarders is a gimme, and it didn't work like that.
it was the 3rd down play that would've decided it for me. we had the ball lined up on the left hash marks... if they had been lined up on the right it was a give "me" oh well we won!!!!!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom