5 Miami Regular Season Losses That Still Irks You

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolph N.Fan, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

The one thing that absolutely sucks about internet forums is the inability to convey and detect sarcasm.

insomnia411 likes this.
  2. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

I was born in '78, so I can't even remember the last trip to the Super Bowl in '83. Being a Fins Fan has been an extreme disappointment in my life. I cannot begin to list the five worst regular season game losses because there are SO many that we just crapped the bed. Every year there is new hope and every year there seems to be disappointment. New coach, new QB, new defensive scheme, new GM, new running game, etc... Can we please just win one championship soon, or at least get to a Super Bowl, so I can wear my Fins gear with real pride.

3. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I have never even been able to watch clips of that game. I can't bring myself to do it. Watched it live and haven't seen even a conversation since. If it's talked about on tv i turn the channel quick. Makes me sick!

Edit: didn't pay attention to the "regular season" in the title. My bad

4. fakespike

fakespike Starter

Huard was gonna stop Fred Jackson from averaging 24 ypc

royalshank likes this.
  5. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

That's rough. Think of the Patriots current success and that was what is was like to be a Miami Dolphins fan in the 1970's and early 1980's. Miami had some nice teams in the 1990's, but the NFC was so dominant back then.

Good times are coming, though, so hang in there.

6. SF Dolphin Fan

The only losses that I've seen more than once was the 1974 Sea of Hands game and the classic 41-38 loss to San Diego in overtime. I think that was in 1982.

I didn't watch the 1974 games for many years as the pain was still a lot to take. Understand not re-watching the Jacksonville game.

7. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

I too have never watched the Jacksonville game. I also have never watched the `94 playoff loss at SD. I was there for that one and i don`t need to ever see a replay.

8. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

2003 Loss to Patriots at Miami
    Soul crushing overtime loss. Kicked a huge hole in my wall afterwards. I hate Tom Brady so much.

2014 Loss to Lions at Detroit
    Last second defensive collapse as usual and an awful missed deep pass to a wide open Wallace highlighted this gem of a heartbreak. Horribly painful.

2014 Loss to Packers at Miami
    Aaron Rodgers embarrassed us in yet another last second, abysmal defensive meltdown which caused me to immediately order 7 shots of Jameson and pound them all nearly simultaneously... The bartender feared for my life.

2008 Loss to Texans at Houston
    Another last second defensive collapse? No way.
    Matt ****ing Schaub ran in a game winning touchdown in an obvious play call that everyone in the universe except for our defense saw coming. Woefully awful.

2002 Loss to Patriots at New England
    Words can't describe how awful and painful this playoff hopes crushing loss was. I have PTSD from this one.
    I hate Jay Fiedler a lot.

John Biello and Dolph N.Fan like this.
  9. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

The 12-0 loss in Cheatsboro vs the Pats in 2003. That Bruschi 1yd int TD ret with their fans celebrating by throwing snow up in the air made me wanna puke. I could have swore a FG that New England made actuall went over top of a crossbar but not through but they still gave them the 3 pts but whatever

10. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

No Dolphins game compares to the heartbreak Alabama gave me 2 championships ago.

Clemson losing a title will always be my worst until Miami plays something meaningful

11. CRIOS

CRIOS PERFECT PHINS '72 Finheaven VIP Donator

The game versus the Jags...the debacle. Final score: 62 - 7 Jacksonville.

:cry

12. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

I have seen the Jacksonville game up to the middle of the 2nd quarter. That was when I watched it live and I have no interest in seeing any more ever again.

13. iwastherein1972

iwastherein1972 Well-Known Member

I just don't think there has been any game over the last 20 or so years that we played that meant enough for me to call it a crushing loss.

I still have the 2015 loss to the giants on MNF in my head because we were on showcase that night for the whole country and played VERY well until obj just became too much to handle. As a Gator, I don't handle losses to mannings very well.

14. fakespike

fakespike Starter

ftfy ;)

15. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

There are not enough expletives in the world to describe how angry the 2002 loss at New England made me.

You have the best running back in the league, you're at your own 4 due to one of the dumbest kickoff returns I've ever seen, there's just over two minutes left...and what happens? They pass the ball twice, and then run Jay Fielder on a bootleg. They took a total of 24 seconds off the clock, NE only had to use one time out, and then Mark ####### Royals punted the ball 23 yards.

After Miami lost in overtime, I went outside my friend's house and screamed so loud one of his neighbors came over to make sure everything was ok. My wife asked me after the game, "You want people fired, don't you?" I responded, "No, I want people killed."

coalesce, John Biello and royalshank like this.
  16. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

And we were dominating them all game. NE was kinda mailing it in until we gave them a reason to play in the last few minutes. Don't forget we sent the kickoff to start OT sailing out of bounds. Special teams meltdown.

17. SF Dolphin Fan

I vaguely remember bits and pieces from the Jacksonville game. If memory serves, the sprinklers went on right when Miami was going to score, or caused a safety for the Jags. At that point, I realized everything that could go wrong did.

18. John Biello

John Biello Perennial All-Pro

Only game ive ever left early in my life, made me sick. was in the endzone where wanny decided to air it out 3 times in a row backed up to our own goaline rather than let ricky continue to run wild. wife and i left as the kickoff in OT went out of bounds.

19. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't even remember that. All I know is I was at the bar by halftime and it wasn't pretty.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    SF Dolphin Fan likes this.
  20. royalshank

those play calls were inexplicable as Ricky was mauling that day - if memory serves me he had 180 w over an 8 yard average and no long run that inflated things. He was gashing an uninterested defense who had nothing really to play for. The ST calamities at the end were atrocious.

John Biello likes this.
  21. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

I wanna say the shoutout between Miami and Kansas City back in 2002 ended in a 48-30 Kansas City win. Man tony Gonzalez was a beast that day.

22. phazer

phazer Well-Known Member

23. ThomasJS

ThomasJS Rookie

I was at that game. Lost my mind. Wasn't there a questionable PI call on Jamar effing Fletcher with about 2 minutes left? I don't think I ever watched a replay of the end of that game because I was too angry at the time, and I can't find it online (probably just as well). As soon as I read the thread title, that horrible game came right to mind.

24. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

What was the year that the refs made Miami come back on to field after the game was over for one more New England Hail Mary play?

25. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

Dolph N.Fan likes this.
  26. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

That's also the game that convinced Wannstedt that Fielder was the QB to have (he came in for Jacksonville and threw a few TD's in mob-up duty in that game)

27. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Ahh yes. That's when I knew Brady would become a whiner.

28. PCmor

PCmor Continuity

1981 -- Richard Todd's late TD pass lifts the Jets over the Dolphins, 16-15. I broke a tray watching the end of this game.

The snowplow game

Blowing the big lead to the Jets on MNF

coalesce likes this.
  29. royalshank

I hated that one. That was gut wrenching but it didn't affect our season as we still won the division and had home field in round 1. Actually both the jets and pats game didn't wind up costing us.