53 Man Roster With Additions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

53 Man Roster With Additions

Kingdom Come

Active Roster
Reaction score
First thing I do is sign Gary Barnidge and put Julius Thomas on notice. Hopefully he realizes he is all of a sudden expendable. He really needs to get his arse in gear because he looks awful out there. Barnidge is either the best, or one of the best pass blocking TE's in the NFL year after year. He could be a Cutler saver along with Fasano, and Barnidge is a decent receiver with very good speed. Can't believe he isn't signed.

Then, I send a pick to the Browns for OG/OT Spencer Drango who is buried on the depth chart behind high draft picks and All Pro veterans. They might take what they spent on him, a fifth, but first I would offer Damien Williams and/or Michael Thomas. For this look, we send the players and clear close to 4 mil in cap room.

I like Williams a lot, but he is already blowing blitz pickup again this preseason. Just can't have that crap from a 3rd down back. I love Michael Thomas leadership and ST's expertise but he absolutely sucks at playing safety if we need him, and Verner renders him obsolete as far as any consideration at the nickel.

Drango is still on his rookie contract so we are still up 3 mil. That cap room along with the release of Urbick allows us to pull the trigger on a trade for Mychal Kendricks. 5 mil and a ?? round pick for 5 sacks....I'll take it. The guy can flat out blitz!

Now, I sign Rashad Jennings. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5273/rashad-jennings Dolphins HAVE spoken to him. Yes he is old, but he again led the league in pass blocking efficiency last year. Both he and Williams are good receiving RB's and both stink as ball carriers. I'll take the veteran pass blocking leader over Williams blocking grade which is in the 40's if I remember right. Storm Johnson waiting in the wings might not be that bad himself as long as we can stash him on the PS again.

The AZ Cards are so loaded at safety that Johnathan ,"Rudy," Ford isn't expected to make the 53. We could wait to see what happens or make them a trade offer. This guy has some serious upside. Drafted in the sixth round. Cards have some interior issues with Nkemdiche out right now. I'd offer Vincent Taylor, as he is probably PS bound anyway.

With Thomas traded, could see Tankersley practice at centerfield. There was some talk of him as FS anyway. I think he is CB all the way, but if we lost another safety....

QB Cutler,Moore
RB Ajayi,Drake,Jennings
TE Fasano,Barnidge,Thomas,Gray
WR Parker,Stills,Landry,Caroo,Grant,Stringfellow
OT Tunsil,James,Young
OC/OG Pouncey,Drango,Bushrod,Davis,Brendel,Asiata

DT Suh,Phillips,Godcheax, Williams
DE Wake,Branch,Hayes,Fede,Harris,
LB Alonso,Timmons,Kendricks,Maualuga,Hull,Lacey,Allen
Safety Jones,Allen,TJ McDonald,Johnathan Ford,AJ Hendy
CB Maxwell,Howard,Verner,McCain,Tankersley,Walt Aikens

Franks,Darr,Denney

I mentioned TJ but I didn't count him.

Practice Squad:
Warmsley,Hewitt,Duarte,Watts,Steen,Storm Johnson,Senorise Perry,McTyer,Storm Norton OT,QB Alek Torgerson

Steen will make the roster. Bank on it. Vincent Taylor will go close too. You haven't even got him on your Practice Squad. #31 Mike Thomas will make the roster. So does Damien Williams (Coaches love him). Eric Smith makes the roster, as well.

Vincent Taylor beats out Nick Williams everyday of the week.

Eric Smith is a lock he may even be higher then Young on the depth chart, he certainly played better this preseason

Steen will make the roster. Bank on it. Vincent Taylor will go close too. You haven't even got him on your Practice Squad. #31 Mike Thomas will make the roster. So does Damien Williams (Coaches love him). Eric Smith makes the roster, as well.

His scenario has Taylor, Thomas and Williams as part of trades. Think that's why their not on the roster or PS.

If you read the post you will see there were proposed transactions. I didn't forget anybody. Just read the post then comment.

Vincent Taylor beats out Nick Williams everyday of the week.

Eric Smith is a lock he may even be higher then Young on the depth chart, he certainly played better this preseason

I traded Taylor for Rudy and I like the guy I acquired to be our PS OT a lot better than Eric Smith. Storm Norton. He will probably make the 53 in Detroit, but if he comes available...

I like it, specially the Barnidge pick up.
At this point I have to believe he is waiting on his options, no way he dosen't have a job for a lack of opportunities

Back
Top Bottom