53 man roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

53 man roster

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
After attending the past few camps and getting a good look at some of our guys, I think I have a fairly decent idea of what our roster will look like. I'll put the people who I think will make the team in bold. (PS means Practice squad)

QB- AJ Feeley,Jay Fiedler,Sage Rosenfels,Clint Stoerner

FB- Rob Konrad, Sammy Morris, Ben Moa, Doug Easlick

RB- Ricky Williams, Travis Minor, Leonard Henry, Fred Russell (PS), Renaldo Works

WR- Ronald Bellamy, David Boston, Chris Chambers, Nick Davis, Willie Johnson, Marvin Minnis, Carl Morris, Kendall Newson (PS), Sam Simmons, Derrius Thompson, JR Tolver, Terrence Wilkins (from what I've seen he's not going to make it)

TE- John Jones, Donald Lee, Randy McMichael, Ed Perry, Hart Turner

OL- Brad Bedell, Vernon Carey, Dan Godspeed, Rex Hadnot (PS), Jeno James, Greg Jerman, Shawn Lynch, Seth Mckinney, Damion McIntosh, Tony Pape, Wade Smith, John St. Clair, Andy Wagstrom, Taylor Whitley, Eric Wilson, Billy Yates

DL- Tim Bowens, Nate Bolling, Tony Brown, Larry Chester, Ronald Flemons, Otis Grigsby, Aaron Hunt, Josh Mallard, Wale Ogunleye, Dario Romero, Jerome Stevens, Jason Taylor, Jay Williams, Jeff Zgonina, David Bowens

LB- Brandon Ayanbadejo, Tony Bua, Branden Givan, Molon Greenwodd, Corey Jenkins, Kevin Mitchell, Eddie Moore, Derrick Pope (PS), Junior Seau, Winston Taylor, Zach Thomas

DB- Chris Akins, Korey Banks, Yeremiah Bell (PS), Antuan Edwards, Arturo Freeman, Reggie Howard, Sammy Knight, Mesidor Lousidor, Sam Madison, Kelvin Millhouse, Will Poole, Alphonso Roundtree (PS), Patrick Surtain, Quintin Williams, Shawn Wooden

P/K/SP/LS - Matt Turk, Derek Jones, Olindo Mare, Will Delahoussaye

Now is this in order of theh Depth because I would have Mcmike #1 on mine instead of Jones :)

Wow holy crap I didnt bold Madison, that is a huge mistake MY BAD! LOL im not that dumb...and no its not in order, you think Chris Akins is our starting safety lol my fault I should have been more clear.

Finsflurry said:
Wow holy crap I didnt bold Madison, that is a huge mistake MY BAD! LOL im not that dumb...and no its not in order, you think Chris Akins is our starting safety lol my fault I should have been more clear.
Edit it man!

Edit it man!

LOL wow I must really sound like a noob, but Friday was my first post on a message board, I really don't know how to do that...any tips please? And I also noticed some of the guys bolded by accident, I have 56 players for a 53 man roster...DOH!

Finsflurry said:
Edit it man!

LOL wow I must really sound like a noob, but Friday was my first post on a message board, I really don't know how to do that...any tips please? And I also noticed some of the guys bolded by accident, I have 56 players for a 53 man roster...DOH!
Just click "edit" on the bottom of your post and go from there.

Just click "edit" on the bottom of your post and go from there

Sorry, being a noob and pot dont mix...

What about Wally?

You assuming he's not gonna sign?

I don't see us carrying 6 wide receivers. We never do and what with the PS being extended, I expect 2 to be on there. Plus, I will be surprised if Yeremiah Bell doesn't make the roster.

Overall, that's probably a pretty realistic roster. A couple wild cards - Wanny likes vets over youth - Rick will lobby Wanny to keep younger guys he picked.

Oboy said:
My math may be wrong, but don't you have 54 players in bold?

If so, then my math is wrong, too.

Figure they'll lop off one WR or TE from that total (Jones, Thompson, Simmons, Minnis or Tolver), but other than that, it seems fairly realistic.

Imagine that this is our starting lineup and key backups:

QB- AJ Feeley (Jay Fiedler)

FB- Rob Konrad (Sammy Morris)

RB- Ricky Williams (Travis Minor)

WR- David Boston, Chris Chambers (Marvin Minnis, Derrius Thompson)

TE- Randy McMichael (Donald Lee)

OL- Wade Smith, Jeno James, Seth Mckinney, Taylor Whitley, Vernon Carey (John St. Clair, Damion McIntosh, Greg Jerman, Tony Pape, Billy Yates)

DL- Jason Taylor, Wale Ogunleye, Tim Bowens, Larry Chester (Otis Grigsby, Dario Romero, Jay Williams, Jeff Zgonina, David Bowens)

LB- Morlon Greenwood, Zach Thomas, Junior Seau (Tony Bua, Corey Jenkins, Eddie Moore)

DB- Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison, Sammy Knight, Antuan Edwards (Chris Akins, Arturo Freeman, Reggie Howard, Will Poole)

There is only one offensive starter (and no backups) left from the JJ era. There are only 5 starters on defense (and Tim Bowens was from Shula) from the JJ era. There are also very few backups on defense from the JJ era. If this team performs (makes playoffs and wins at least one playoff game), would this change anyone's mind about the FO and the coaching staff?

Given the nearly complete turnover of the roster and a better winning % than the JJ era, do people believe that the FO just might be doing some things right? IMO, its pretty remarkable that there has been so much change without the team going into the tank. Also, I don't think Wanny gets enough credit for his coaching.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom