54th for Albert, then trade up with CLE using Bess and the 77th for Austin?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MrEd, Apr 24, 2013.

1. MrEd

MrEd Banned Hammered

54th for Albert, then trade up from 12 with CLE using Bess and the 77th for Austin?

Miami according to Salguero have agreement in place with Albert on a long term contract. Now read on Twitter that Miami is discussing a trade with Cleveland that includes Davone Bess. Can this mean a trade up for Austin?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
  2. ginn

ginn Rookie

let's hope:hump:

3. riddler130

riddler130 Rookie

Yes Please!!

4. Da Phinishisher

Da Phinishisher 'Shisher

Jeeeaaah boi!!!

5. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

you shouldnt set yourself up like that. really.

6. TwahLah

TwahLah 3 Fiddy Z Donator

Without giving up our original 1st round pick, correct? If so, that sounds like a plan.

7. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

There is NO way they make that trade.

8. dchalk

dchalk Member

Yes - Bess and a 3rd round pick to move up to #6 for Austin. That should about balance out on trade value chart!

9. phish729

phish729 Starter

What are you guys smoking, if we are gonna trade up to the browns first round pick it will definitely include our first round pick. Prob 12, 77, and bess for 6th? also 54 for Albert. Me personally I would go jonathon cooper, give us a hell of an o line.

10. traptses

traptses Starter

Remember all the playoff games we won because we spent 1st round picks trying to get a great OL? Me neither

11. DUB

DUB Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Everything is opinion. Mine is no way we trade up for Austin. Milliner would be the target at #6.

12. PlexGod

PlexGod Starter

i wouldnt trade up for Austin. Too be honest i would hope he is there at 12 and we trade down a few spots, pick up the 2nd we will lose on the alberts trade and either draft Trufant or the TE and use a second rounder on woods or hunter or wait for the third and get swope or baily then get austin... let alone trade up for him.

13. sixzero

sixzero Well-Known Member

I can't understand some of the logic I've been reading in here lately. Is the original poster insinuating that we can move up in the 1st round in a trade with Cleveland for their #6 pick for D. Bess and our 3rd round pick? Or trade up with Cleveland by swapping 1st round picks, D. Bess, and our 3rd round pick? The latter makes more sense. If that's the case, and we do make that move (which I would approve of) it is NOT going to be for T. Austin. It will most likely be for OT. We already signed three wide receivers this off-season. It won't be Eiffert either. We signed D. Keller. Aside from OT, it will be defense.

Correction: #6 pick

14. JDRA20

JDRA20 Well-Known Member

Remember all the playoff games the Raiders won with their explosive playmakers? Just saying lol. You need a balance.

15. MrEd

MrEd Banned Hammered

Of course, by move UP I am talking about from 12 to 6 "using" Bess and the 77th. I assumed everyone understood what move UP meant. Move up "from 12" means Cleveland moves down to 12, yes. I am assuming Ireland is of the Mike Mayock school of thought that BUF is targeting Austin at 8.

If we stay put, I believe it's Eifert or trade down for Vaccaro, Teo, or Carradine.

16. timothy1969

timothy1969 Active Member

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!a third round pick and bess for clevelands 6th pick... if ireland can pull that off i will personally go to dolphins training camp and kiss his ***.. but I know that won't happen so I have a sure bet. This really made me laugh thanks guys..lol anyways I think miami stays put at #12 and they take DJ HAYDEN!!

17. seltzer37

seltzer37 Rookie

If we trade up with the Browns I would take Cooper and keep the #54 pick and draft a DB, DT, TE, OR WR

18. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

If we traded Bess, #12, and our 3rd rd pick for a freaking guard, when guard is like one of deepest areas on the team, I would have to go to a bar to watch the rest of the draft. My TV would be smashed to bits!!! If we trade up, it will be because one of the three tackles fell, and we know that Zona at 7 needs a tackle. We are NOT trading up for a freaking tackle, nor for Austin. If we stay at 12 we are taking Eifert if he is still there. Otherwise I see us trading down.

19. ohall

ohall A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

The only way this makes any sense is if we swop the 1st round picks. If Ireland can do the trade and we still keep our #12 pick, he's a genius at the same level of a Jimmy Johnson.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Oh God, pls no!

20. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

Its funny how ever since the Jets traded Revis to the Bucs, Tavon Austin went from the 10th -16th area to the 6th - 10th area just like that.Just dont see Miami taking Austin.I wouldnt hate it but would rather have Eifert or trade down.

My favorite trade down would be trade 12 and 42 to the Rams for 16 and 22 giving Rams a shot at Austin.If Austin is there and the Rams want Austin,it would be sliding down 4 spots and moving up 20 for Miami.

21. footsteps_falco

footsteps_falco Damn SugarBowl Finheaven VIP Donator

why not just stay put, take eifert and then grab swope in round 2? use the rest of the draft on corner/passrush?

22. Noodleman

Noodleman Starter

Austin at 6 would be stupid. He will be there at 12. Trade up means a tackle. Sorry to all those who want playmaker....guess we will have to do with Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Keller, and Miller...oh yeah thats right...we dont need austin. Line is a weak spot. Needs to be addressed. Miami significantly upgraded the offense already...need to shore up the OL and D. Some of you are so ridiculous...this isn't madden!!!!!!:rolleyes2:

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Quick question...how many of you ACTUALLY know anything about Swope?lol Seems you all want him but from all I have seen he is not anything spectacular. Rather have at least 6 other WR before him.lol

Swope had a 68 rating by scouts inc....not sure that is worth a second rounder. So glad you guys are not the GM of the fins!:rolleyes:

23. NCFINFAN13

NCFINFAN13 The Phinsuckery Continues Donator

Stay at 12. Draft Eifert. Let the Jesters draft Austin at 9 ... I love the kid, but 5'9ish 170ish scares the hell out of me.

24. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

nooooooooo maybe trade bk up for Eifert noway we trade bk up for Austin nooooooooo wayyy.