54th pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

54th pick

Remember Cleveland picks ahead of us in round 2, however they like New Orleans had to forfeit their picks in the 2nd round.

Remove "and Ireland" and your statement is a great point. Dont forget that not only was it the selection of bums like Long and Henne, but the passing on Matty Ice that made it such a huge blunder. After all, had Ryan been the selection at #1, that Henne pick couldve been used for a player that was actually good.
How convenient. And what was Ireland doing the whole time? Bringing Parcells his coffee?

Essentially the way drafts are evaluated with 3 or 4 players to pick in each round based on value and need. Parcells would make final decision on who would be picked and would overrule Ireland in a disagreement like Pat White which is Parcells all the way etc.

Essentially the way drafts are evaluated with 3 or 4 players to pick in each round based on value and need. Parcells would make final decision on who would be picked and would overrule Ireland in a disagreement like Pat White which is Parcells all the way etc.

Pure speculation on your part. For all we know Ireland really liked Pat white, no evidence to the contrary

Pure speculation on your part. For all we know Ireland really liked Pat white, no evidence to the contrary

Pat White is the only pick I will give Ireland a pass on because I know that one was all Parcells. The Wildcat was 100% on Parcells, he used us as his single wing guinea pigs. Every other bad pick, Ireland deserves to be criticized for.

Pat White is the only pick I will give Ireland a pass on because I know that one was all Parcells. The Wildcat was 100% on Parcells, he used us as his single wing guinea pigs. Every other bad pick, Ireland deserves to be criticized for.

I dont know why people assume it was all Parcells but thats all any of us can do. Not one word has ever came out that Ireland did not want White.

I dont know why people assume it was all Parcells but thats all any of us can do. Not one word has ever came out that Ireland did not want White.

Because every bad pick and signing was Parcells fault Ireland gets credit for the 3 positive moves!

Because every bad pick and signing was Parcells fault Ireland gets credit for the 3 positive moves!

Yea but not just those people assume that White was only Parcells idea. I personally believe Ireland was high on White, I just dont think we draft a player that high that the gm is totally against

Yea but not just those people assume that White was only Parcells idea. I personally believe Ireland was high on White, I just dont think we draft a player that high that the gm is totally against

So Ireland had to have made a stand to by coming out in public that its either him or Pat White for you to believe that he wasn't that high on Pat White? Parcells personally said it was on him and was his evaluation. Not to mention, looking at what happened in New York shortly after Sparano arrived, I can guess who else was also liking the pick. Both Sparano and Ireland had equal standing with BP around and he made the final decisions.

So Ireland had to have made a stand to by coming out in public that its either him or Pat White for you to believe that he wasn't that high on Pat White? Parcells personally said it was on him and was his evaluation. Not to mention, looking at what happened in New York shortly after Sparano arrived, I can guess who else was also liking the pick. Both Sparano and Ireland had equal standing with BP around and he made the final decisions.

Well there have been various reports about Parcells but according to a recent interview Parcells said Ireland was in control of the 2009 draft so who really knows. I believe Ireland was high on him because we drafted him and Ireland is the GM. I have seen no report that Parcells overrided everyone and said White is our guy.

I am probably the biggest Ireland detractor here ( even though others voice their opinion on here a lot more than I do) but it doesn't take a lot of brain to figure out the fact that Ireland, parcells and sparano shared a philosophy of what type of player they liked to draft and what schemes they were going to run. This means that Ireland usually drafted a type of player not suited to play in Philbin and Sherman's offense. At the end of the day though, he's been the GM since 2008 and the blame has to go on him since he's the only one left from that regime.

I would trade the 12th pick, for a late first round pick and another 3rd round pick. I think that is what Ireland, is going to do, anyways.

Back
Top Bottom