6th grader touted as the next Tom Brady......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

6th grader touted as the next Tom Brady.........

-MiamiSoul

Active Roster
Reaction score
here is an interesting article: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...2-years-old-not-the-next-tom-brady/ar-BBhYjwT

His profile on a top recruiting website touts him as a "pro-style quarterback." His blog breathlessly recounts his accomplishments and the rave reviews of those who've seen him play.

All-American. MVP. "Future Tom Brady in action!" "Daron is the man fa real. Accurate, good technique, can take a hit." "Daron is my fav QB in the nation."

This kid is a 6th grader! I wonder if a lot of the problems we see in adult Football stars isn't a direct result of a lack of having a childhood in the first place. Parents really need to be more responsible.

Dumb article. Tom Brady wasn't supposed to be much of a QB when he first began. It was only until he actually replaced Bledsoe that he went on his path he's currently on.

6th grader... this is awful. leave the kids alone and let them develop.

i cant believe how kids are being recruited at the youngest of ages, before they really figure out who they are or anything.

kids careers have been lost in the mix due to this as well.... its not all positive stuff.

and it is so true that recruiting has changed now a days... its crazy. my lacrosse kids in high school have ha to hire "recruiters" to help them get their name out more into colleges. i said "recruiters" because every aspect and explanation i have heard on these guys they basically are agents.

a kid i've been working with in Lax is such a hard worker, and is developing fast. i got him playing in 7th grade and only in his third year he has developed and becoming a very good player. he hasnt even touched the field as a Varsity player yet, but as a freshman was starting on JV... he had to get a "recruiter" too already and is getting mail from colleges everywhere.... come on really?

why is this happening? i see and hear much on burnout, kids levels of play leveling off, kids think they are recruited so dont work no more... also the kids start specializing in one sport, not working other muscles or getting other aspects from other sports mentally and physically, these types of kids are the ones in college to level off and flatten out... not keep rising in their abilities. you dont read about this stuff because the kids disappear athletically. its not all wonderful always

I agree......kids of that age often grow quicker and then flatten off. but just the mental aspect of telling a 6th grader he is so great and the next anything, they are setting him up for some serious let downs.

I think getting kids involved in sports at a young age is ok. Good way to make friends and get out some of that youngfull energy just some parents push it way too far. Football probably should just be touch or rag tag until high school.

6th grader... this is awful. leave the kids alone and let them develop.

i cant believe how kids are being recruited at the youngest of ages, before they really figure out who they are or anything.

kids careers have been lost in the mix due to this as well.... its not all positive stuff.

and it is so true that recruiting has changed now a days... its crazy. my lacrosse kids in high school have ha to hire "recruiters" to help them get their name out more into colleges. i said "recruiters" because every aspect and explanation i have heard on these guys they basically are agents.

a kid i've been working with in Lax is such a hard worker, and is developing fast. i got him playing in 7th grade and only in his third year he has developed and becoming a very good player. he hasnt even touched the field as a Varsity player yet, but as a freshman was starting on JV... he had to get a "recruiter" too already and is getting mail from colleges everywhere.... come on really?

why is this happening? i see and hear much on burnout, kids levels of play leveling off, kids think they are recruited so dont work no more... also the kids start specializing in one sport, not working other muscles or getting other aspects from other sports mentally and physically, these types of kids are the ones in college to level off and flatten out... not keep rising in their abilities. you dont read about this stuff because the kids disappear athletically. its not all wonderful always

From my experience, granted not in lacrosse you do NOT need to hire a "recruiter". if you can play they find you. Send personal emails, attend camps etc

Todd Marinovich 2.0

My thought exactly...

HBO did a special with him and the "all pro" parent...that dude went through a lot.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

From my experience, granted not in lacrosse you do NOT need to hire a "recruiter". if you can play they find you. Send personal emails, attend camps etc

Sports like LAX, Soccer, Hockey are recruited much differently...most are not recruited out of high schools, but through showcases and club tournaments...not sure what a "recruiter" in this way does, but I have seen kids use services to get promoted in those sports...

Back
Top Bottom