7 Rd Mock Draft leveraging Mayock, Kiper, McShay & CBS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7 Rd Mock Draft leveraging Mayock, Kiper, McShay & CBS

EireTiger

Starter
Reaction score
At least two of the sources I mentioned have the player I selected available in that given round via their mock drafts, value boards or prospect rankings.

1. Star Lotulelei - DT Utah
2a. Jamar Taylor - CB Boise St
2b. Trade with KC for Branden Albert
3a. Cornelius Washington -DE Georgia
3b. Ryan Swope - WR Texas A&M
4. David Amerson - CB NC State
5a. Jelani Jenkins - LB Florida
5b. Knile Davis - RB Arkansas
7a. Chris Faulk - OT LSU
7b. Michael Williams - TE Alabama
7c. Cody Davis - S Texas Tech

Fills needs offensively and defensively, and fortifies DL as a strength for years to come.

Not a fan of going defense with the first 3 picks. I doubt that we wait until the 7th round to go TE. I think you might see Eifert at 12. I like the CBs you selected and like the fact that a quality runningback was picked. I worry about the durability of Miller and have yet to see Thomas be a guy thats a difference maker. Overall good job

Understand your position but 2 of the first 5 picks are offense. Regarding TE, I think Ireland is committed to giving Egnew another year to prove his worth backing up Keller. Williams would provide a strong in line blocker who can catch.

Change Star with Cooper or Eifert and I'd like it. Would also like to see a guard drafted somewhere in top 4 rounds.

I actually think it's a high probability that the Dolphins take a DT in the 1st round. If Star is there, I don't think Ireland would pass him up. More likely, I think a player like Sylvester Williams could be the guy. I would also be pretty happy to get Amerson in R4 as I think he'll go R2.

Fills needs offensively and defensively, and fortifies DT as a strength for years to come.

Fixed it for you. I agree that Star will most likely fortify the DT position but Cornelius Washington is being overhyped, like many prospects, based off of his performances in the East-West Shrine game and Senior Bowl. 4th rounder at best.

Id be happy with that. Lotulelei is a beast. but if he's not available and we trade for Branden Albert (which im on board for) then I wouldnt mind drafting Eifert at #12 but i doubt Ireland will draft him at #12

I think Justin Paugh has some real sleeper potential.

If he makes it into the 2nd, some mocks have him doing so, I wouldnt mind trading up 6-8 spots and giving up a 6th maybe even a 5th to snag him.

If the come away from the 1st 2 rds with Austin,Paugh, and a corner like Amerson that would be more then solid.

I think my two favs, Millner and Mingo will be gone by the time the Fins draft at 12. I'd roll the dice with Tavon.

I actually think it's a high probability that the Dolphins take a DT in the 1st round. If Star is there, I don't think Ireland would pass him up. More likely, I think a player like Sylvester Williams could be the guy. I would also be pretty happy to get Amerson in R4 as I think he'll go R2.

I predicted Star as our selection in a thread I started in the draft forum, it will be a high value selection at 12 and fill the need of future replacement of Starks and Soliai....both of whom may be in their final year in a Dolphins uniform.

It makes more sense to me than reaching for "need" at 12, and would make our D-line rotation very disruptive and "fresh" up the middle.

While star is a damn good player , it would be the wrong move. Add weapons to offense is the way to go. Next year you can draft dt . On defense we need to add cb and de this year.

Although a RT is the biggest need, at #12 I would take Warmack or cooper. DT is a need next year but so is Gaurd. Both cog and jerry both in last year of contract and neither fits ZBS.

I would forget about Albert and his crazy contract demands and consider taking a Gaurd at #12 and even a RT on 2nd. One of Watson, Long, Armstead or Pugh will be available.

Star would be a great value pick at 12, IMHO. Not so much a need, but BPA. I would not be surprised if it was Richardson either, even if Star was still on the board.

I don't think Swope last til 3rd round - would not be surprised if Fins take him with #54 and trade Bess for a 5th.

Nice Job!

Back
Top Bottom