7 Rd Mock Draft leveraging Mayock, Kiper, McShay & CBS

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by EireTiger, Apr 21, 2013.

1. EireTiger

EireTiger Starter

At least two of the sources I mentioned have the player I selected available in that given round via their mock drafts, value boards or prospect rankings.

1. Star Lotulelei - DT Utah
    2a. Jamar Taylor - CB Boise St
    2b. Trade with KC for Branden Albert
    3a. Cornelius Washington -DE Georgia
    3b. Ryan Swope - WR Texas A&M
    4. David Amerson - CB NC State
    5a. Jelani Jenkins - LB Florida
    5b. Knile Davis - RB Arkansas
    7a. Chris Faulk - OT LSU
    7b. Michael Williams - TE Alabama
    7c. Cody Davis - S Texas Tech

Fills needs offensively and defensively, and fortifies DL as a strength for years to come.

2. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

Not a fan of going defense with the first 3 picks. I doubt that we wait until the 7th round to go TE. I think you might see Eifert at 12. I like the CBs you selected and like the fact that a quality runningback was picked. I worry about the durability of Miller and have yet to see Thomas be a guy thats a difference maker. Overall good job

3. EireTiger

EireTiger Starter

Understand your position but 2 of the first 5 picks are offense. Regarding TE, I think Ireland is committed to giving Egnew another year to prove his worth backing up Keller. Williams would provide a strong in line blocker who can catch.

4. drumzan

drumzan Active Member

Change Star with Cooper or Eifert and I'd like it. Would also like to see a guard drafted somewhere in top 4 rounds.

5. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I actually think it's a high probability that the Dolphins take a DT in the 1st round. If Star is there, I don't think Ireland would pass him up. More likely, I think a player like Sylvester Williams could be the guy. I would also be pretty happy to get Amerson in R4 as I think he'll go R2.

6. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

Fixed it for you. I agree that Star will most likely fortify the DT position but Cornelius Washington is being overhyped, like many prospects, based off of his performances in the East-West Shrine game and Senior Bowl. 4th rounder at best.

7. Blake the great

Blake the great A True Fan

Id be happy with that. Lotulelei is a beast. but if he's not available and we trade for Branden Albert (which im on board for) then I wouldnt mind drafting Eifert at #12 but i doubt Ireland will draft him at #12

8. WaxOn WaxOff

WaxOn WaxOff Starter Finheaven VIP

I think a 7th rd pick should be a kicker.

9. SunsPhinsfan03

SunsPhinsfan03 A True Fan

I think Justin Paugh has some real sleeper potential.

If he makes it into the 2nd, some mocks have him doing so, I wouldnt mind trading up 6-8 spots and giving up a 6th maybe even a 5th to snag him.

If the come away from the 1st 2 rds with Austin,Paugh, and a corner like Amerson that would be more then solid.

I think my two favs, Millner and Mingo will be gone by the time the Fins draft at 12. I'd roll the dice with Tavon.

10. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

I predicted Star as our selection in a thread I started in the draft forum, it will be a high value selection at 12 and fill the need of future replacement of Starks and Soliai....both of whom may be in their final year in a Dolphins uniform.

It makes more sense to me than reaching for "need" at 12, and would make our D-line rotation very disruptive and "fresh" up the middle.

11. goonies

goonies Banned Hammered

While star is a damn good player , it would be the wrong move. Add weapons to offense is the way to go. Next year you can draft dt . On defense we need to add cb and de this year.

12. normaniii

normaniii A True Fan

Although a RT is the biggest need, at #12 I would take Warmack or cooper. DT is a need next year but so is Gaurd. Both cog and jerry both in last year of contract and neither fits ZBS.

I would forget about Albert and his crazy contract demands and consider taking a Gaurd at #12 and even a RT on 2nd. One of Watson, Long, Armstead or Pugh will be available.

13. SnakeoilSeller

SnakeoilSeller Scout Team

Star would be a great value pick at 12, IMHO. Not so much a need, but BPA. I would not be surprised if it was Richardson either, even if Star was still on the board.

I don't think Swope last til 3rd round - would not be surprised if Fins take him with #54 and trade Bess for a 5th.

Nice Job!

14. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

Amerson won't make it out of the second most likely. He is rising quickly. Swope won't happen unless Bess gets moved.