7 Reese's Senior Bowl: North and South squads go hard at last contact practice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7 Reese's Senior Bowl: North and South squads go hard at last contact practice

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
NORTH
Quarterbacks Sefo Liufau of Colorado, Nate Peterman of Pittsburgh and CJ Beathard all got reps from under center and from the shotgun. The trio of QBs also each took a turn running the two-minute drill.
Tight ends Michael Roberts of Toledo, Jonnu Smith of Florida International and Jeremy Sprinkle of Arkansas (one of two SEC players on the North squad) worked on getting off the block and getting open. They also worked on run blocking and catching as they look to showcase their talents Saturday and again starting Feb. 28 at the NFL Combine, and it was Sprinkle who impressed.
“It is good to come out here, play under new coaches and learn the system,” Sprinkle told The Cullman Tribune after Thursday’s practice. “Just try to show what you can do to the coaches and it has been a good experience for me.”
With the tight end position becoming more and more of a go-top position in the NFL, Sprinkle will have a lot of eyes on him when he suits up Saturday and he is up to the challenge.
“My run blocking game, my speed and my route running,” the 6’6” Sprinkle said about the skill set he has worked on the most this week. “Showing off my hands. Just showing (NFL scouts) the things they know about me and also showing them the things I have been working on, my weaknesses and things like that.”
If Sprinkle has his way, he will show the South squad a thing or two come Saturday.
SOUTH
When the South took the field for their final practice Thursday, all eyes gravitated toward a 6’3” figure clad in yellow (the color reserved for quarterbacks during practice) with a large orange "T" emblazoned on his helmet. I am, of course, talking about former Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs.
Dobbs has impressed scouts and coaches alike this week in practice and garnered attention from the NFL, namely the Oakland Raiders, who reportedly had an extensive sit-down with Dobbs earlier in the week. The 210-pound QB is determined to make the most of his opportunity this week in Mobile.
“My goals when I stepped on the field this week was to show my ability to make all the throws, arm accuracy and being able to do different things under center, and in the gun and in the pocket and to show I have what it takes to be a successful quarterback at the next level. To show off my football IQ and to show I am able to grasp an NFL offense quickly.” Dobbs set out to prove that he was the best quarterback in this year’s Senior Bowl class and if the buzz from around the field is any indicator, he is well on his way to doing just that.
http://cullmansense.com/articles/20...nd-south-squads-go-hard-last-contact-practice

Back
Top Bottom