"76ers now chasing the Bulls!" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"76ers now chasing the Bulls!"

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Now it's Philadelphia's turn to chase Chicago.
Andres Nocioni scored 21 points and grabbed 13 rebounds and Ben Gordon had 21 points to lead the Bulls past the 76ers 99-92 on Wednesday night and into the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
''We're the hunted and they're going to be coming after us,'' Bulls coach Scott Skiles said.

The Bulls (35-40) own a half-game lead on the slumping Sixers (34-40) and the rematch is Saturday night in Chicago. The Sixers host Boston on Friday while the Bulls don't play again until Saturday. The Pacers (36-38) are the next team ahead of Chicago in the East.

Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich both scored 14 points and Tyson Chandler grabbed 15 rebounds for the Bulls. Chicago has won four straight, six of seven and two in two nights after winning Tuesday night at home against Indiana.
''I think we continue to gain confidence within ourselves,'' Gordon said. ''We're starting to mature a little more and understand what it takes to be successful.''

While Chicago's surge continues, the Sixers have gone into a nosedive, losing 12 of their last 16 games, none bigger than a 33-point loss Tuesday at Cleveland. Two of their wins in that span came against the lowly New York Knicks .

''We're out of the eighth spot, we're not out of the hunt,'' Sixers coach Maurice Cheeks said. ''It's how you respond.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/recaps/2006/04/05/19457_recap.html

I have been a Sixer's fan since 1976 and I loved Mo Cheeks helping the Sixers win it in 1983, but this current team has AI and very little else.....no defense, no rebounding, no shot blocking. Guys like Korver and Igoudala and Dalembert disappear for large parts of the game, and that doesn't include the very inconsistent Chris Webber. I would not be shocked if this was AI's last year in Philly....they should trade him to a better team and get some draft picks or younger guys for their future. Hope the Sixers miss the playoffs as they have ZERO chances of beating the Pistons.

Roman529 said:
I have been a Sixer's fan since 1976 and I loved Mo Cheeks helping the Sixers win it in 1983, but this current team has AI and very little else.....no defense, no rebounding, no shot blocking. Guys like Korver and Igoudala and Dalembert disappear for large parts of the game, and that doesn't include the very inconsistent Chris Webber. I would not be shocked if this was AI's last year in Philly....they should trade him to a better team and get some draft picks or younger guys for their future. Hope the Sixers miss the playoffs as they have ZERO chances of beating the Pistons.

Yeah, they have been awful, will suck if they trade away AI

ILPhinFan88 said:
Yeah, they have been awful, will suck if they trade away AI

Might be the best thing for the franchise he sucks ,he's such a gunner and has a huge ego and just is a straight up jerk.

Back
Top Bottom