9-7 Season would be Miracle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

9-7 Season would be Miracle

Any room for optimism with CC, Ginn, Brown, the OL, the D, etc is all tempered by the QB situation...No matter who takes the snaps, they are basically unproven...Green - Concussion, poor second half of last year, and age. Cpep - will he be healthy enough in time to show Cam he can rebound from the knee, is the knee going to be sound enough to take the rigors of a season, can he change his style of play to that which Cam will obviously want him to execute. Lemon - inexperience, bounced around for 5 yrs with nothing to show for it, limited arm, but some mobility, even tho he knows the system, he'll still have to show more poise than he's been able to in his career to be a legitimate starter in the NFL. Beck - Rookie, inexperience coming from a very productive college career but not against even the best competition in college, questions about his arm and durability. Has great upside, but so did Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, etc...Hamdan - best guess is camp fodder...

So, where does that leave us ?? With too many questions unanswered right now to really make an assessment of this season...when we get into camp and we get some resolution on the QB situation..perhaps we can make some more accurate predictions....

Lets face it.

First year HC and staff
No QB right now
New offensive system takes year to implement, second year to execute
Unsettled O Line, including LT
Same slow WR until Ginn breaks line up but then he is a rookie

This is just evidence the our phins are indeed rebuilding. It will take 1 or 2 more drafts to catch up to New England, San Diego, Colts, Denver and others.

I would be happy with a 9-7 season.

In today's NFL you can go from last in your division to first in a year. The offense has been completely reshuffled. I can just as easily see this team go 11-5 as I can see them go 5-11. Have a fun season!

i would be happy with a 9-7 season, but i think claiming it would be a miracle is a stretch. you never know, and that's one thing that is great about football. The Fins may go 9-7. They may go 14-2, or they might go 3-13. Football can defy logic

i would be happy with a 9-7 season, but i think claiming it would be a miracle is a stretch. you never know, and that's one thing that is great about football. The Fins may go 9-7. They may go 14-2, or they might go 3-13. Football can defy logic

Well summarized!

Assuming we don't get hit with a rash of injuries, I don't see a problem with us at least going 9-7 ... especially with Cam calling the plays. Just like last year, it's going to come down to the QB, the Oline, and the DBs.

I know I'm going to be pissed if our receivers drop a lot of good passes like they did last year. I doubt they'll do it this year. I want our WR coach to make damn sure that they aren't dropping passes this year. Drill the heck out of them until they catch anything within 15 feet. Drill them in realistic conditions in scrimmages in the bubble with the crowd noise recordings cranked up, etc. Drill them with a Jugs passing machine and those other drills like you see at the combine.

http://thejugscompany.com/products/product_detail.cfm?product_id=278&gclid=CLjAg_b3sIwCFREQgQodfVyVKA

Get all the DBs in on some of the WR drills too. I want them to get some damn interceptions this year! We need us a few Pro Bowl DBs. Every good NFL team has at least one.

Assuming we don't get hit with a rash of injuries, I don't see a problem with us at least going 9-7 ... especially with Cam calling the plays. Just like last year, it's going to come down to the QB, the Oline, and the DBs.

Got to agree with you here...there is good reason to be excited about the offensive play calling...especially for all of us die hard fans who have suffered since the Shula days with predictability...heck, even I've been able to guess with way to much success what we were doing on third downs. I believe that is about to change... thank God!!:logic:

Hmmm....

1. OL ... OL ... OL ... Miami's OL is not going to be improved unless rookies and other untested players step up big time. It appears that the solid right side of the line has been downgraded in order to help shore up the left side, and the depth behind the starters is so thin and unknown as to be nonexistent. If Vernon Carey goes down, Miami will be lucky to win more than 2 or 3 games after that.

2. QB ... :egads: ... Trent Green looks eerily similar to Daunte Culpepper -- a QB with big stats but not a lot of playoff success coming off very serious injury. In Green's case, he was awful after he returned ... In Daunte's, he was awful before he was injured and awful afterward ... Neither fits well behind an OL that's going to struggle, especially early in the season.

3. HC ... Here's another great big question mark. This is Cameron's first NFL HC gig, so nobody knows how he'll do. Many great coordinators don't do well as HCs, and then there's the other nagging quesion of was Cameron's success in San Diego because of his talent or the talented players he had to work with?

4. AFCE ... New England has added a LB and a bunch of WRs, so they should be better. The Jets added a bonafide RB and got some defensive help. If Penny holds together, they will be in the hunt. The Bills went through the growing pains of learning a new defensive system and a new offense last year. They've solidified their OL, added a young RB and a new MLB. If the Fins win more than 2 of their 6 games against AFCE opponents, it will be a bonus (they won only 1 last season).

At this point, 9 wins would be significantly over-achieving.

Hmmm....

1. OL ... OL ... OL ... Miami's OL is not going to be improved unless rookies and other untested players step up big time. It appears that the solid right side of the line has been downgraded in order to help shore up the left side, and the depth behind the starters is so thin and unknown as to be nonexistent. If Vernon Carey goes down, Miami will be lucky to win more than 2 or 3 games after that.

2. QB ... :egads: ... Trent Green looks eerily similar to Daunte Culpepper -- a QB with big stats but not a lot of playoff success coming off very serious injury. In Green's case, he was awful after he returned ... In Daunte's, he was awful before he was injured and awful afterward ... Neither fits well behind an OL that's going to struggle, especially early in the season.

3. HC ... Here's another great big question mark. This is Cameron's first NFL HC gig, so nobody knows how he'll do. Many great coordinators don't do well as HCs, and then there's the other nagging quesion of was Cameron's success in San Diego because of his talent or the talented players he had to work with?

4. AFCE ... New England has added a LB and a bunch of WRs, so they should be better. The Jets added a bonafide RB and got some defensive help. If Penny holds together, they will be in the hunt. The Bills went through the growing pains of learning a new defensive system and a new offense last year. They've solidified their OL, added a young RB and a new MLB. If the Fins win more than 2 of their 6 games against AFCE opponents, it will be a bonus (they won only 1 last season).

At this point, 9 wins would be significantly over-achieving.

Right, the bills have one decent season and all the jill fans want to wet their pants over it. We will finish 3-3 in the division this year. And how do you expect to be any better when you lost most of all your playmakers. And whos to say JP Losman is going to play as good as he did last year the bills are nothing but one big HUGE question mark. Atleast we are on the road for success this year, unless things happen such as injuries etc.

A slow WR group that has 2 guys who both run faster than a 4.4. Yeah, they are just sloths huh?:rolleyes2

yeah i am not a huge fan of chambers but he is not a slug by any means. i think our D can bring us through to a playoff birth as long as the offence can just stay sound, they dont have to be great just not totally **** and we have a decent chance of making it.

Right, the bills have one decent season and all the jill fans want to wet their pants over it. We will finish 3-3 in the division this year. And how do you expect to be any better when you lost most of all your playmakers. And whos to say JP Losman is going to play as good as he did last year the bills are nothing but one big HUGE question mark.

That could be said about any team at this time of year. Moreover, I didn't say the Bills would be better than Miami, I said if Miami won more than 2 games in the AFCE, it woud be a bonus. I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings but in 2005, Buffalo went 5-11 and they still almost swept Miami -- and the Fins didn't have an easy time with the Jets either, and they would have been swept by the Pats, except that the Pats didn't play full out in the last game of the season. The fact is that divisional games are always wars, and Miami hasn't done well against AFCE opponents in the last 5 years or so.

Atleast we are on the road for success this year, unless things happen such as injuries etc.

Isn't this the same thing that Miami fans said in 2005 and 2006 with Saban?

lets see last season we got 6 wins with...

new offensive philosophy ran by a guy with the mental capacity of a dead monkey...
horrible QB play
unsettled Oline especially LT
same slow WRs

this year the QB play cant possibly be worse, if anything it will be equally as bad.. our offensive philosophy will be 129387129 times better than last season which is huge being how many games mularkey theoretically cost us... we have some new playmakers and wont be afraid to run the ball...

our offense is already better than last year, even just counting mularkey out and Cameron in with playcalling...

and our defense is better... joey porter is a huge addition, our young secondary with another year together and the secondary calls simplified some which will remove the confusion and busted plays that ****ed us last year...

so we're a better team offensively and defensively of a 6-10 team, i can see that adding 3 more wins... i wouldn't call 9-7 a miracle

Lets face it.

First year HC and staff
No QB right now
New offensive system takes year to implement, second year to execute
Unsettled O Line, including LT
Same slow WR until Ginn breaks line up but then he is a rookie

This is just evidence the our phins are indeed rebuilding. It will take 1 or 2 more drafts to catch up to New England, San Diego, Colts, Denver and others.

I would be happy with a 9-7 season.

Would i be happy with a 9-7 season this year? Probably. But it wont take a miracle to reach it. We have a good team. BUT, taking everything you said as a factor, yes we might not have a 12-4 team. But certainly i wont be shocked if we go 9-7 or even 6-10. We SHOULD finnish anywheres from 6-10 to 10-6. Im hoping we can improve at least a game over last season.

past two seasons we were only a few plays from a 10 win record. Our penalties the first year.. our oline the second held us back.. was always something to keep us from getting over a hump. However, I do believe a 9-7 record would be on target but far from a miracle.

Again like last year Miamis DEFENSE alone should win atleast 7-8 games...They are that good...If Miami's offense can control the clock and not turn the ball over they should win 2 maybe 3 games.

No reason for this team to not win 9 games so i am going with 10-6 barring injuries...JP is the key to this defense haven that "Killer Instinct".

Anything less will be a disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom