#9 Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#9 Pick

slackman9

Scout Team
Reaction score
Since were trading and releasing guys, I think we should trade our #9 pick and get some extra picks, I wouldn't mind if we get rid of Culpepper as well. We need all the picks we can get, our defense is gonna be stout with the signing of Porter.

I'm sure Randy would love to trade down and pick up a couple extra picks.

I would love to trade down to the mid to late teens and pick up Meachem or Nelson.

Someone posted yesterday that there was a limit on picks..

Since were trading and releasing guys, I think we should trade our #9 pick and get some extra picks, I wouldn't mind if we get rid of Culpepper as well. We need all the picks we can get, our defense is gonna be stout with the signing of Porter.

A team could have in the draft (12). I have not read anything regarding such a limit and had not ever heard that before. If it is true, we can only accumulate 3 more picks. But of course, a team could package picks to get higher picks, but I don't know if that is permissable or not. And you can still get future picks.

Lee2000

We have 9 picks already . . . and it makes NO sense to dump CPep . . . not now atleast. I think if it is possible to move up to get Joe Thomas, we should do it . . . Honestly, I would give up our 1st, both seconds and a second in 2008 to secure Joe Thomas and Kalil. Seriously.

We are left with Alabi to start as our LT and pretty much no one at LG. There is no one left in FA than what we released from our team, so that means we will most likely draft offense early and often.

I'm all for staying at #9 and drafting Levi Brown (LT), then draft Kalil (C) early in the second round and finish the second round with Crosby (K) and end day 1 with Beekman (OG) in the third round. If Crosby value starts to drop, we could always switch and pick Sears (OG) late in the second and Crosby (K) in the third round. This could and should solidify our offensive line problems for years to come, any thoughts?

I'm all for staying at #9 and drafting Levi Brown (LT), then draft Kalil (C) early in the second round and finish the second round with Crosby (K) and end day 1 with Beekman (OG) in the third round. If Crosby value starts to drop, we could always switch and pick Sears (OG) late in the second and Crosby (K) in the third round. This could and should solidify our offensive line problems for years to come, any thoughts?

I'm not too keen on drafting a kicker before the 4-5 round since there will be a ton of quality kickers even after the draft. I really like your prediction, but it would be better if we could trade down 4-5 spots and still get Brown. Still, a draft of:

1 - Brown OT
2a - Kaili C
2b - Sears OG

would make me very, very, very happy. :D

Back
Top Bottom