96 Team Field to be on 4 Channels | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

96 Team Field to be on 4 Channels

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
Most likely.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5100441

As the NCAA closes in on an April 29 meeting which could decide whether its men's basketball tournament grows from 65 to 96 teams, ESPN has said it won't increase its current bid to televise the event, the Sports Business Journal reported Friday.

The publication said a 14-year deal averaging $840 million per year has been offered by CBS and Turner Broadcasting and given to the NCAA. It cited several sources "with direct knowledge of the talks."

I agree with you Cedar. I'll start watching once they get down to 60+ teams like the original setup. Not to mention, can you imagine how difficult and non interesting it will be to fill out your brackets. :hsmash:

I wonder, if ESPN and the networks are unwilling to increase their bids, will this actually happen? Whether they say it or not, the idea of expansion was to increase revenue for all parties. Why mess with a good thing? 65 is a good number.

I really don't want to see it expand because it takes away from the conference tournaments, which to me, are some of the most exciting games of the year.

Back
Top Bottom