A Blueprint for Success | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Blueprint for Success

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
In summary, the Dolphins need solutions for problems at G, RT and MLB. My first choices are Evan Mathis in a trade, signing McKinney or Winston (who they should have signed the last two years) to play RT while drafting some one in the 3rd to develop. Then trading up to secure C.J. Mosley in the draft. I realize I am giving up TWO picks in this deeply talented draft, but I'm of the mindset that if you can give up hypothetical solutions for actual solutions, you do it every time. Mathis is a proven pro bowl caliber player who is a perfect fit for our scheme. Mosley will be the leader of the defense for the next ten years. If they can be had for a pair of mid round draft picks, you do it every time. We are in win now mode. There is no better way to win now than by acquiring the best available players to fill the biggest holes on your roster. I am on board with everything Hickey has done up to this point. He's been the perfect amount of aggressive and patient. It is now time to shore up the remaining holes with the surest bets remaining. This is the closest this team has been to being good in over ten years. Let's go all in.
Read more: http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/3/28/5558124/a-blueprint-for-success

I would also trade up for C.J. Mosley. I've said before that I think he's the best case scenario for Miami in the first round. I like Ryan Shazier as well, but really see him as a weak side linbacker. I'm okay with bringing in Winston or McKinnie on a cheap 1-year deal. I think it would be too expensive to trade for Evan Mathis and I wouldn't go that route.

I do not want to give away valuable picks in a deep draft...there are plenty of worthy picks at 19 this team could use...Mosely, Evans, Ebron, Zach Martin, Lewan......somebody is going to fall to 19.

I think trading up in round 2 to get a Antonio Richardson or Morgan Moses to play RT might make more sense than trading up in round one.

I wouldn't draft Mosley at 19 - let alone trade up for him. One of the more overrated players in the draft - along with his teammate Clinton-Dix.

Couldn't agree more with J on Mosley - I'd rather spend a 4th/5th on Bullough and let him learn behind Misi at Mike.

I know there's been some discussion with Shazier at 19 - I like him and think he'd be a nice fit at Will, but not at 19 and not even in the 1st. As much as it's unlikely to happen, I wouldn't mind seeing a LB trio of Jordan at SAM, Misi at MIKE and Shazier at WILL.

So to make that happen, possibly trade down to pick up a few more picks in this very deep draft as I think some of our weaknesses of OT/WR/TE [yes I said WR is a weakness] there's going to be some serious talent in rounds 2 and 3 that could be a good foundation of this year for a few years to come, plus will have a positive impact on the salary cap.

They said they wanted to build through the draft - then let's see it.

Couldn't agree more with J on Mosley - I'd rather spend a 4th/5th on Bullough and let him learn behind Misi at Mike.

I know there's been some discussion with Shazier at 19 - I like him and think he'd be a nice fit at Will, but not at 19 and not even in the 1st. As much as it's unlikely to happen, I wouldn't mind seeing a LB trio of Jordan at SAM, Misi at MIKE and Shazier at WILL.

So to make that happen, possibly trade down to pick up a few more picks in this very deep draft as I think some of our weaknesses of OT/WR/TE [yes I said WR is a weakness] there's going to be some serious talent in rounds 2 and 3 that could be a good foundation of this year for a few years to come, plus will have a positive impact on the salary cap.

They said they wanted to build through the draft - then let's see it.
I wouldn't classify Miami's wr's as a weakness, but I wouldn't call it a strength either. Plus, both Gibson and Hartline are coming off injuries and I don't see a lot of depth at the position. Wallace, for his part, was constantly open but many times Tannehill didn't have the time to find him and at other times they just weren't on the same page. There's some concern there. Hartline is not flashy but he is a good wide receiver. Miami doesn't have a seam stretcher at tight end. I think this group is average as a whole and I would love to see the Dolphins get a receiver in this draft. There are so many good ones it would seem like a shame not to draft one.

Back
Top Bottom