A Closer Look At The QB Battle

fishfanmiami

Let's go Dolphins
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
clear.gif

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Andy-Cohen-A-Close-Look-At-The-QB-Battle/dceb4ac8-1ad3-4db1-b599-4f822d74f927

Good breakdown of our QB's by Andy Cohen.

Will definitely be interesting to see play out. I'm still leaning towards Moore starting as he played pretty well over the course of last season and has starter experience while having Tannehill as the main backup, having clean up duty during no pressure situations to get him some work during this season to get up to speed ready to fully start next season. Garrard has been a solid QB over his career but his advanced age and missing a lot of time due to injury last year makes for question marks as to his health and current starter ability. He should still be able to have quality starts should any injuries occur but I wouldn't trust him to hold up the entire season.

I can see Moore starting the season and RT given some playing time throughout the season. RT may know the playbook right now better than Moore, but Moore knows NFL defenses better than RT. RT need some time to get used to the speed of the game.
Garrard will not like playing 3rd fiddle. If he shows well in the preseason, he will likely be traded or released..getting picked up by the NY Jets or Patriots to study our play book.

David G. could surprise. My understanding is Moore never looks very good in practice but shines come game time. i thought he played well at the end last year but Philbin MAY base everything on practice habits and the pre season games. If David or Ryan shine Moore may be the odd man out.
David does have some experience in the WCO so who knows?

David G. could surprise. My understanding is Moore never looks very good in practice but shines come game time. i thought he played well at the end last year but Philbin MAY base everything on practice habits and the pre season games. If David or Ryan shine Moore may be the odd man out.

The issue with Garrard(Who I think who was a better QB than Moore before his back issues) is his back. Those back injuries never completely heal, he will probably just do the best he can and not complain.

If Philbin bases his decision on preseason play, Moore probably outplayed the entire league last year with 6 TD's in the preseason. I don't see that as being a problem.

no one has a snowballs chance to beat out tannenhill. I think he is just too good and its going to show in preseason.

Davis Garrard is 34 years old with a bad back.

Matt Moore is in his prime.

Ryan Tannehill is a rookie.

This should not even be close but come game day, Matt Moore will be the better QB.

no one has a snowballs chance to beat out tannenhill. I think he is just too good and its going to show in preseason.

I feel the same way. I think Tannehill is going to show more than Garrard and Moore, even as a rookie.

I think Matt Moore will end up starting but i wouldn't mind if Tannehill started, Don't know much about Garrard so i can't comment on him

I would think that the fins will have to let their new toy play even if the team struggle a bit, they should have enough defense to keep the game manageable until Tannehill is ready to unload, I see Garrade getting cut also. Tannehil needs to play and and let the future start now! That's why they went out and got him right?

Just look at what the Tennessee Titans did last year with Jake Locker. Coincidentally he was also taken with the 8th overall pick like Tannehill and he sat behind Matt Hasselbeck even though he was an experienced multiple year starter at Washington. There is still a precedent for teams to be patient with their rookie quarterbacks as opposed to starting them right away... in the end it all hinges on Tannehill himself and if the coaching staff trusts him to be ready. Us fans will have to be patient and see.

Tannehill may shine early but it would be prudent to let him watch and learn defenses behind Moore. I don't see Garrard winning the starting job.

Back
Top Bottom