A Closer Look At The QB Battle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Closer Look At The QB Battle

we had a winning record under Matt Moore he deserves a shot.

we had a winning record under Matt Moore he deserves a shot.

i believe he was 6 and 6 total going 6 and 3 the last nine games.

Not bad at all but who know how effective he will be in the WCO. i believe Philbin that there is an open competition this year. May the best QB win.

David G. could surprise. My understanding is Moore never looks very good in practice but shines come game time. i thought he played well at the end last year but Philbin MAY base everything on practice habits and the pre season games. If David or Ryan shine Moore may be the odd man out.
David does have some experience in the WCO so who knows?

For real? Gerrard is garbage! What did he have... one good season? Then wehen they paid him... oh yeah, back to garbage. Not jumping on you for your statement this article brings up that he is a legitmate threat in this competition. I just dont see that at all so I would disagree what he is saying here. Moore will definately beat out all of these guys.

My preferance would be to start Moore with Tannehill playing toward the end of the year and in the future but Philbin may not see it that way.
If Garrard's back is healthy and he plays better in training camp and preseason he may be the starter. I don't think they know who the starter will be yet. Ryan may blow them both away and take the job for himself. Should be fun to watch.

Matt Moore sucks. We gain nothing from playing Matt Moore. What can Tannheill learn from more? how to chuck up ****ty deep balls, drop snaps from center or just flat losing when we play a team with a winning record?

Garrard gives Miami the best chance to make the playoffs if he can return to his former self. Moore good for 6-8 wins if he starts. If Tannehill starts Miami will be in prime position to add a blue-chip player in next year's draft.

IMO. Moore starts. I think we would all like to see Tannehill start right away and be sucessful. Thats why we drafted him right? But I think Philbon is the type of coach not to rush a QB in. This is purely speculation but I think Gerrard is there incase Moore gets injured and to now help Tannehill with some facets of his exp as a QB. Moore wasn't as horrible as I thought he would be last year and he very well might be able to be successfull for this year while Tannehill develops. Tannehill needs some exp and some time.

Why do you think he deserves it? Has he earned it yet? I don't see it. I agree he probably will start the season but deserve it I don't really know yet.
In his career, Matt Moore has started for coaches John Fox and Tony Sparano.

I think he deserves at least one opportunity to start with a coach who actually knows QBs.

I think David Garrard wins the starting job. I always felt he was underrated considering the offensive talent in Jacksonville. Garrard has the mobility and better accuracy than Matt Moore. Moore had a knack for the big play, though, and that can't be overlooked. I'd be surprised if Ryan Tannehill wins the job this year, but he could see some action at the end of the season.

I think David Garrard wins the starting job. I always felt he was underrated considering the offensive talent in Jacksonville. Garrard has the mobility and better accuracy than Matt Moore. Moore had a knack for the big play, though, and that can't be overlooked. I'd be surprised if Ryan Tannehill wins the job this year, but he could see some action at the end of the season.

He is 34 freaking years old. Let's sign Jerry Rice for him to throw to............

He is 34 freaking years old. Let's sign Jerry Rice for him to throw to............

I don't really think age is the biggest problem with Garrard (IMO its not a factor at all). If you have the talent then you can play. I'm not going to sit here and compare him to Favre, Testaverde, or Warner...all of which were old starting QB's along with Brady, Peyton, Hasselbeck etc. Because he isn't as talented as some of them.

Having back problems and other issues would be a problem. Can he hold up and does he have the skill set to run our offense?! That is my concern. But I really don't think calling him out on his age is either intelligent or fair for an NFL pro athlete.

garrad is better than moore. Moore has done nothing to deserve anything here. he went 6-7 (counting the chargers game has was in for 3 and half quarters) , he never broke 300 yards, he was never asked to win games and our team average about 20 points a game if not less last year.

dump the bum moore and let tannehill start. I'd be happier with garrad over moore if tannehill can't play.

Back
Top Bottom