A Designer's Take on the New Phins Logo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Designer's Take on the New Phins Logo

NyPhan23

Starter
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I don't usually like the logo threads bc every year they are fruitless and full of people just wishing they'd change the logo (myself not being one of them, hence the reason these threads annoyed me). But since this year they actually are changing the logo, I figured I'd give it a go since it's what I do for a living. Anyways... I am one for continuity and am not crazy about changing the logo, so I tried to keep it as similar as possible, just cleaned up a bit. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to make the helmet look good on this logo as I am a fan of the helmet on the dolphin and the tradition it represents. Oh well :/ Also... I borrowed someone else's jersey background to see what it might look like, hope whoever it was doesn't mind. So here it is, yet another logo thread, sorry to those who are tired of these.

Combo4-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's actually really good. My honest suggestion? Clean up the right flipper and fire it off to Mike Dee ASAP.

Hey Guys, I don't usually like the logo threads bc every year they are fruitless and full of people just wishing they'd change the logo (myself not being one of them, hence the reason these threads annoyed me). But since this year they actually are changing the logo, I figured I'd give it a go since it's what I do for a living. Anyways... I am one for continuity and am not crazy about changing the logo, so I tried to keep it as similar as possible, just cleaned up a bit. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to make the helmet look good on this logo as I am a fan of the helmet on the dolphin and the tradition it represents. Oh well :/ Also... I borrowed someone else's jersey background to see what it might look like, hope whoever it was doesn't mind. So here it is, yet another logo thread, sorry to those who are tired of these.

Combo3-1.jpg

I like it. But give it a true eye and drop the right fin down. That would be awesome!!!

Here are mine :

View attachment 9677 View attachment 9678

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya it's still a little rough, I did it kinda quickly as far as logo designing goes anyways

Id agree with this comment above me, but I also if you added the sunrays in between each original ray that was added to the leaked logo I would run with it man. It looks great

has more potential than the leaked one. Definitely send it to Mike Dee at least as something to play with.

Id agree with this comment above me, but I also if you added the sunrays in between each original ray that was added to the leaked logo I would run with it man. It looks great

Personally, as a designer, i hate the extra sunbursts on the logo i think you are referring to... they remind me of using starbursts that my stupid bosses will tell me to use who know nothing about design haha. They're just there to be there I feel like... simpler is better in my opinion... not to mention sticking closer to the brand we already have established.

Glad you like it though :)

I love it, but I think the eye should be a different color than teal for contrast

What does it look like if the eye is white or another color besides teal?

I love it, but I think the eye should be a different color than teal for contrast

This also bothered me a bit too, the first time I tried to adjust it before originally posting this it wasn't really working for me... just tried again and I liked how it came out this time :) ... I updated the link in the original post to show it with the new eyes. It's a work in progress... was just goofin around.

Back
Top Bottom