A Designer's Take on the New Phins Logo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Designer's Take on the New Phins Logo

I think it looks great, my only suggestion is to play with the direction his eye is looking, Im not a fan of how he looks with his eyes pointing up, I think for him to look straight would look better. Just something to play with.

Make it look like this designer and this it the one. Bravo!!!!

I tried but you can do better. Submit ASAP to Mike Dee

24ywfnc-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That dolphin looks like it's dead. I hope like hell that isn't going to be our logo

I'm glad you said it because that was the theme I was going to post. When I was a teenager my beloved dog was hit by a car and killed. In fact, it was on Super Bowl Sunday, the year the Raiders defeated the Vikings. The guy who found my dog thoughtfully put him in a little box. I brought him home and reluctantly decided to take a look. Everything was fine except the right side of his face was dented and lifeless, with a dull look to his eye. I've had that image in my mind for 35 years. But nothing has reminded me of it until I saw this proposed logo. Instantly it looked exactly like my dog.

That being said, it's still markedly superior to the leaked version, which looks worse than a dead cat. Actually I'd prefer every cat to be dead...

I don't like it. Again, it looks like a cartoon character which is mostly due to the eye itself. The right fin is just strange looking, and overall the animal is just too skinny - it looks like a minnow with a dorsal fin to be honest.

This is not better than the current or original logo, so why change to this?

I really like the tail down like you have it. The eye doesn't look right though.

It's a v. good effort, but I think you should try to make the eye a little more ... mean?

It's a v. good effort, but I think you should try to make the eye a little more ... mean?

24ywfnc-1.jpg

I tweaked his but, I am not good at drawing. I wanted him to see if he could do something like mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much better than the one that was just circulated.

I like this much better than the one that was leaked. If the team wants to create excitement and support they need to get the fans involved with the process. Have the fans send in their own designs then post up the top 10 submissions for all the fans to vote on.

I don't like it. Again, it looks like a cartoon character which is mostly due to the eye itself. The right fin is just strange looking, and overall the animal is just too skinny - it looks like a minnow with a dorsal fin to be honest.

This is not better than the current or original logo, so why change to this?

Sorry but I have to defend myself at least a little on this one... here's a photo of the dolphin I used as a reference for the logo... as you can see it is nearly identical in shape, if not fatter.

reference-1.jpg

Dolphins are not fat animals despite what our current logo has to say... and if I made it fatter others would be saying it looked like a whale (see leaked logo). Can't please everyone, and in response to your comment about why change it to this... that's my point. I wish they wouldn't change it unless they went with the old one, everyone will never be happy, some will love it, others will hate it. I was just having some fun at what I thought someone might do mixing a little bit of the old (more of an aqua) with the new with a little difference sprinkled in. Would I want this logo on my Dolphins helmets? Simply, no... I like things the way they are, but if they must change, this is just something I was foolin around with is all.

I'm glad you said it because that was the theme I was going to post. When I was a teenager my beloved dog was hit by a car and killed. In fact, it was on Super Bowl Sunday, the year the Raiders defeated the Vikings. The guy who found my dog thoughtfully put him in a little box. I brought him home and reluctantly decided to take a look. Everything was fine except the right side of his face was dented and lifeless, with a dull look to his eye. I've had that image in my mind for 35 years. But nothing has reminded me of it until I saw this proposed logo. Instantly it looked exactly like my dog.

That being said, it's still markedly superior to the leaked version, which looks worse than a dead cat. Actually I'd prefer every cat to be dead...

Haha, thank you for likening my efforts to your dead dog from 35 years ago :D it's very flattering... glad you like it a little bit anyways.

View attachment 9680

I tweaked his but, I am not good at drawing. I wanted him to see if he could do something like mine.

Ya, I thought about doing something more like this, I chose a Dolphin with a perspective from underneath as a reference because I thought it made more sense if you were looking up at him since the sun was behind him (in the sky). But maybe if I have some more free time, which never seems to be easy to come by these days, I'll mess with tweaking the right fin since that seems to be a topic of concern. And it does look pretty good in your edits.

Dolphin is too skinny versus length....I like the basic concept, but adjust the proportions and I would like it better.

Sorry but I have to defend myself at least a little on this one... here's a photo of the dolphin I used as a reference for the logo... as you can see it is nearly identical in shape, if not fatter.

reference-1.jpg

Dolphins are not fat animals despite what our current logo has to say... and if I made it fatter others would be saying it looked like a whale (see leaked logo). Can't please everyone, and in response to your comment about why change it to this... that's my point. I wish they wouldn't change it unless they went with the old one, everyone will never be happy, some will love it, others will hate it. I was just having some fun at what I thought someone might do mixing a little bit of the old (more of an aqua) with the new with a little difference sprinkled in. Would I want this logo on my Dolphins helmets? Simply, no... I like things the way they are, but if they must change, this is just something I was foolin around with is all.

Haha, thank you for likening my efforts to your dead dog from 35 years ago :D it's very flattering... glad you like it a little bit anyways.

Ya, I thought about doing something more like this, I chose a Dolphin with a perspective from underneath as a reference because I thought it made more sense if you were looking up at him since the sun was behind him (in the sky). But maybe if I have some more free time, which never seems to be easy to come by these days, I'll mess with tweaking the right fin since that seems to be a topic of concern. And it does look pretty good in your edits.

With all due respect, photo's can be deceiving.

I own a Dolphin Adventure tour boat and see them daily, while the current logo is too fat, yours is definitely too skinny versus length.

Back
Top Bottom