A Favor For nyjnc | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Favor For nyjnc

Forgot who else was in that draft class at QB so had a look.. just wow. Easier to look back after products have been on field but still, 5th overall for Mark and 2 afc championship games compared Stafford(still think he is an average qb that gets bailed out by megatron), freeman(lol), painter..just wow.

I wouldn't say Mark is done just yet, much like we fans say Ryan couldn't really be judged in first yr cause he had no weapons at WR(some say that), wth has mark had his career as a starter? Holmes..seems like a knucklehead since his Pitt days, Edwards on and off with his catching, Plax well he was at end of his career and just a target in red zone. The jets were built in Rex's view of defense, hey which worked first two years, but eventually no O catches up. I wouldn't be shocked if Mark was cut and ended up somewhere like the Bucs.. to me they are built just like the Jets that made runs at AFC Championship(s)

Difference between Tannehill and Mark is huge. Tannehill is a good QB, Mark isn't. You can't judge a QB after 1 year. But you can come to a decision on a player after he plays 4 seasons. Those first 3 seasons Mark had talent. He had some combo each year of Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller, Kerley, Tomlinson. A good O-Line. Sure he didnt have an elite receiver but he had talent to throw the football to. He failed.

You can't take the small percentage of good Mark had and overlook the large percentage of bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So say if he landed on a team like the Bucs that will be stacked on defense with a defensive minded coach, you couldn't see him used in Rex Grossman way when he was with Bears and lovie coached? Couldn't see him manage games like Alex smith did with 49ers(not saying mark is going to be just like alex smith, just that role in that system)?

He has way too many oh **** moments in a 16 game schedule. He has all the all the skills but I just dont think he is smart enough...just one of many beach boys that played QB for USC.

Time to move on.

Difference between Tannehill and Mark is huge. Tannehill is a good QB, Mark isn't. You can't judge a QB after 1 year. But you can come to a decision on a player after he plays 4 seasons. Those first 3 seasons Mark had talent. He had some combo each year of Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller, Kerley, Tomlinson. A good O-Line. Sure he didnt have an elite receiver but he had talent to throw the football to. He failed.

You can't take the small percentage of good Mark buttfumble had and overlook the large percentage of bad.

Just stop it. Mark was much more successful than Tannehill. mark had Chansi Stuckey starting the first month as a rookie, got Braylon after 4 weeks- no offseason or training camp. year 2 had much more talent w/ Holmes who missed 4 games and cotch was banged up most of the year. in his 3rd year had 3 of his top 5 weapons entering season out of football by 2012.

He had decent talent the first few years and made TWO title games, Ryan led his team to 7 total pts needing one win the last 2 weeks to get into postseason against 2 non playoff bound teams.

I just hate Jet fans, we have the worst fanbase in sports. we deserve to lose b/c of our fans

Just stop it. Mark was much more successful than Tannehill. mark had Chansi Stuckey starting the first month as a rookie, got Braylon after 4 weeks- no offseason or training camp. year 2 had much more talent w/ Holmes who missed 4 games and cotch was banged up most of the year. in his 3rd year had 3 of his top 5 weapons entering season out of football by 2012.

He had decent talent the first few years and made TWO title games, Ryan led his team to 7 total pts needing one win the last 2 weeks to get into postseason against 2 non playoff bound teams.

I just hate Jet fans, we have the worst fanbase in sports. we deserve to lose b/c of our fans

You stop it. You judge players based on what the team does. That's why the majority of people disagree with you. I don't care what the Jets did in 2009 and 2010. That's irrelevant when judging Mark. Everyone would take Tannehill as a player over Mark. It's not really debatable. But because the 09 and 10 Jets were better then the 12 and 13 Dolphins you come to the conclusion that Mark is therefore better then Tannehill. That makes no sense at all.

Mark and Cotchery and Keller for all of 09 then got Braylon 4 weeks in. That's pretty good.

In 2010 he had Keller, Edwards, and Tomlinson all season then got Holmes 4 weeks in and had Cotchery who was banged up but played more then he sat.

In 2011 he had Keller, Holmes, and Plax all season and the Jets added Kerley. Plax was out of football after that because he got hurt. Stop making excuses.

Is this how you argue with people? If they don't agree with you they're terrible fans? They don't deserve to have a successful team. Not everyone has to agree with you about everything when it comes to sports, the NFL, and the Jets. You act like your the authority on anything Jets related and if people have opposing views they don't know what they're talking about. Funny thing is your in the minority. The majority of people who talk about Mark share the view that he isn't all that good. The question is whether or not his career can be salvaged.

So say if he landed on a team like the Bucs that will be stacked on defense with a defensive minded coach, you couldn't see him used in Rex Grossman way when he was with Bears and lovie coached? Couldn't see him manage games like Alex smith did with 49ers(not saying mark is going to be just like alex smith, just that role in that system)?

I could see him used in a Grossman way. But I thought Grossman was pretty bad in 2006. I don't think thats a real recipe for success, it least long term. It depends how good the bucs defense really is. Mark has to cut down on his turnovers if he wants to be a successful game manager in my opinion. His TD/INT ratio is brutal.

I simply don't think he is good enough to play like Alex Smith does. Smith is a very accurate passer who doesn't turn the ball over. Mark doesn't protect the football. But I understand what your saying.

You stop it. You judge players based on what the team does. That's why the majority of people disagree with you. I don't care what the Jets did in 2009 and 2010. That's irrelevant when judging Mark. Everyone would take Tannehill as a player over Mark. It's not really debatable. But because the 09 and 10 Jets were better then the 12 and 13 Dolphins you come to the conclusion that Mark is therefore better then Tannehill. That makes no sense at all.

Mark and Cotchery and Keller for all of 09 then got Braylon 4 weeks in. That's pretty good.

In 2010 he had Keller, Edwards, and Tomlinson all season then got Holmes 4 weeks in and had Cotchery who was banged up but played more then he sat.

In 2011 he had Keller, Holmes, and Plax all season and the Jets added Kerley. Plax was out of football after that because he got hurt. Stop making excuses.

Is this how you argue with people? If they don't agree with you they're terrible fans? They don't deserve to have a successful team. Not everyone has to agree with you about everything when it comes to sports, the NFL, and the Jets. You act like your the authority on anything Jets related and if people have opposing views they don't know what they're talking about. Funny thing is your in the minority. The majority of people who talk about Mark share the view that he isn't all that good. The question is whether or not his career can be salvaged.

You judge on meaningless fantasy #s like most people, this game is about WINNING not throwing for meaningless yards.

Some of us can see past that, not many though and some can see how he was set up to fail in his ONLY bad season of 2012.

'09 talent pretty good
'10 talent good
'11 mediocre
'12 worst in the league

I argue based on logic, most fans don't use logic they use emotions when arguing. I am sick of awful jet fans bashing a guy that did so much to help our team. people act like we had the '85 Bears D, we had a good/very good D but nothing special. you aren't winning 4 playoff games(on the road no less) w/ a poor QB. The man has more playoff wins than any QB in team history by DOUBLE the amount. That's a big deal, that means more to me than QB ratings but Jet fans are so used to winning that they don't care about having 2 chances to reach SB considering in our HISTORY we have only had 5 chances.

If someone wants to argue it's time to move on from mark I could see that, he probably could use a fresh start to get away from these terrible fans but to say he sucked and to say Ryan Tannehill is better is as laughable as it gets.

AGAIN, against 2 non playoff bound teams the great Ryan led his O(w/ as much talent to throw to as Mark ever had) to SEVEN points TOTAL in 2 games. The lowest pt total Mark led his O's in postseason to was 17 pts.

I am sick of Jet fans, I hate our whiny fanbase. I say this in a football sense, you might be a great guy in real life but as I hate the way Jet fans act. It's a disgrace and embarrassing.

You judge on meaningless fantasy #s like most people, this game is about WINNING not throwing for meaningless yards.

Some of us can see past that, not many though and some can see how he was set up to fail in his ONLY bad season of 2012.

'09 talent pretty good
'10 talent good
'11 mediocre
'12 worst in the league

I argue based on logic, most fans don't use logic they use emotions when arguing. I am sick of awful jet fans bashing a guy that did so much to help our team. people act like we had the '85 Bears D, we had a good/very good D but nothing special. you aren't winning 4 playoff games(on the road no less) w/ a poor QB. The man has more playoff wins than any QB in team history by DOUBLE the amount. That's a big deal, that means more to me than QB ratings but Jet fans are so used to winning that they don't care about having 2 chances to reach SB considering in our HISTORY we have only had 5 chances.

If someone wants to argue it's time to move on from mark I could see that, he probably could use a fresh start to get away from these terrible fans but to say he sucked and to say Ryan Tannehill is better is as laughable as it gets.

AGAIN, against 2 non playoff bound teams the great Ryan led his O(w/ as much talent to throw to as Mark ever had) to SEVEN points TOTAL in 2 games. The lowest pt total Mark led his O's in postseason to was 17 pts.

I am sick of Jet fans, I hate our whiny fanbase. I say this in a football sense, you might be a great guy in real life but as I hate the way Jet fans act. It's a disgrace and embarrassing.

I don't judge on fantasy numbers. I don't care about basic statistics. I've said that over and over again. It's not my fault Mark's numbers are poor. That's not what I judge him on.

You act like anyone who thinks Mark is no good doesn't deserve to be a fan of a good team. But in reality saying Mark is a bad QB is not a ridiculous statement. It's more a fair statement then it is a ridiculous one. If the majority of the NFL was saying something like "Jets fans are crazy if they think getting rid of Mark is a good idea, they don't know what their talking about". Then you would have a point. But when the majority of the people who watch football come away with the opinion that he is a below average player it makes no sense to say Jets fans don't deserve a winner because of the way they treat Mark.

I'm not saying Ryan Tannehill is a great player. I'm saying he is better then Mark at this point in his career. That's a fair statement to make. He's a better QUARTERBACK then Mark. He's not on a better team then Mark was on though.

Your not arguing based on logic because you argue the teams success and correlate it to one player. That player being Mark. I'm using logic when I say those teams were good but Mark was a weak link. Sure he's had good moments but being on overall strong teams will put you in a position to make plays. Mark took advantage of some of those. But your giving all the success to one players and it's unwarranted.

I don't judge on fantasy numbers. I don't care about basic statistics. I've said that over and over again. It's not my fault Mark's numbers are poor. That's not what I judge him on.

You act like anyone who thinks Mark is no good doesn't deserve to be a fan of a good team. But in reality saying Mark is a bad QB is not a ridiculous statement. It's more a fair statement then it is a ridiculous one. If the majority of the NFL was saying something like "those stupid Jets fans want to get rid of Mark, they don't know what their doing". Then you would have a point. But when the majority of the people who watch football come away with the opinion that he is a below average player it makes no sense to say Jets fans don't deserve a winner because of the way they treat Mark.

I'm not saying Ryan Tannehill is a great player. I'm saying he is better then Mark at this point in his career. That's a fair statement to make. He's a better QUARTERBACK then Mark. He's not on a better team then Mark was on though.

Your not arguing based on logic because you argue the teams success and correlate it to one player. That player being Mark. I'm using logic when I say those teams were good but Mark was a weak link. Sure he's had good moments but being on overall strong teams will put you in a position to make plays. Mark took advantage of some of those. But your giving all the success to one players and it's unwarranted.

it's ok to criticize, he has plenty of faults. The problem I have is so many think he was terrible and that's simply not the case and they have no appreciation for what he did for our team/

Ryan 2013 is better than mark 2012, anyone is but again Mark had Sparano running the O and Chaz Schilens starting so any QB would look bad. Ryan through 2 years is nowhere near as good as Mark was through 2 years.

I don't give all the team success to Mark, the bulk goes to the D. we were a D first team but even great D's(which we were not) need quality QB play to win. Miami's D was really good this year, why couldn't they at least make the playoffs? it's takes more than one strong unit to win consistently.

The man has more playoff wins than any QB in team history by DOUBLE the amount. That's a big deal

No it really isn't. It just speaks of how incredibly bad the franchise has been.

he has more playoff wins than your franchise since 1995.

We suck! This franchise is on its longest streak of being .500 or worse which is 5 straight years. Your franchise beat that record on 3 different occasions. The longest being over a decade. Your franchise has a total of 12 playoff wins and that includes AFL NFL playoff wins. How many division titles do you guys have? 3, 4? :lol2:

So what was your point exactly? I already know we've sucked for a while now. Your franchise has sucked for nearly its entire existence. A guy who is known for a Sanchez is your franchise leader in playoff wins. :lol2: That says it all.

it's ok to criticize, he has plenty of faults. The problem I have is so many think he was terrible and that's simply not the case and they have no appreciation for what he did for our team/

Ryan 2013 is better than mark 2012, anyone is but again Mark had Sparano running the O and Chaz Schilens starting so any QB would look bad. Ryan through 2 years is nowhere near as good as Mark was through 2 years.

I don't give all the team success to Mark, the bulk goes to the D. we were a D first team but even great D's(which we were not) need quality QB play to win. Miami's D was really good this year, why couldn't they at least make the playoffs? it's takes more than one strong unit to win consistently.

I just don't think he is any good. That's my thoughts of him as a player. Just one mans opinion. I can't help that a lot of people share my views. He doesn't protect the football and isn't a good enough passer to turn the ball over as much as he does. He's been criticized heavily by analysts who say he stairs down receivers and I think there is a lot of merit to those claims. He makes the same mistakes over and over and over again. There has been no progression from him as a player. He was the product of a very good football team. A good defense, strong running game, and above average skill players. It's not a shock that once the team around him started to get a little weaker Mark's play did as well. A good QB can elevate players around him and get the best out of them. Mark has never done that. He was asked not to lose games early on in his career and for the most part he did his job, when they tried to turn him loose in 2011 he fell flat on his face. Rex and the FO knew this and we started to hear about how the Jets were going to be a "ground and pound" team again, Tebow was brought in and the rest is history. He is simply not a guy you build a team around. He has not proved he is capable of being the centerpiece of any team. He's proved that with a very good defense, a strong running game, and above average skill position play he can win you anywhere from 8-11 games.

I want a QB who is capable of putting a team on his back and carrying them. When I watch Tannehill, Wilson, Luck, Stafford, Cam, Kaepernick, all these QB's that came in the league at the same time or later that have all passed him I see QB's who have the potential to do that or who at the very least know how to play the position a lot better then Mark does. I don't see it in Mark. You might say guys like Wilson and Tannehill aren't in the same league as guys like Luck and Cam but they know how to play the position. Tannehill has shown to be a very good passer, if he could figure out how to throw the deep ball he would elevate to another level. I'm not saying he's great, right now his overall play is a little better then average IMO. But he is trending upward. He's getting better every year. Mark wasn't. Tannehill's problem is also coaching and the front office. He doesn't have a ton of talent to work with. Wallace is average, Hartline is ok.

Wilson doesn't have a ton of talent outside of Lynch to work with but he knows how to protect the football, bide his time, use his feet when needed, and eventually make the big play.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Mark's not a kid anymore. He's played 4 complete seasons in the league. He's won 4 playoff games yes, and played well in both championship games. But that doesn't make him a good QB. You have to look at the big picture. There is way more bad then good. He's to inconsistent. He will have a good game one week and then turn around the next week and turn the ball over 4 times. Good QB's are consistent. Mark simply isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
We suck! This franchise is on its longest streak of being .500 or worse which is 5 straight years. Your franchise beat that record on 3 different occasions. The longest being over a decade. Your franchise has a total of 12 playoff wins and that includes AFL NFL playoff wins. How many division titles do you guys have? 3, 4? :lol2:

So what was your point exactly? I already know we've sucked for a while now. Your franchise has sucked for nearly its entire existence. A guy who is known for a buttfumble is your franchise leader in playoff wins. :lol2: That says it all.

congrats on your success in the 70s and 80s!

I just don't think he is any good. That's my thoughts of him as a player. Just one mans opinion. I can't help that a lot of people share my views. He doesn't protect the football and isn't a good enough passer to turn the ball over as much as he does. He's been criticized heavily by analysts who say he stairs down receivers and I think there is a lot of merit to those claims. He makes the same mistakes over and over and over again. There has been no progression from him as a player. He was the product of a very good football team. A good defense, strong running game, and above average skill players. It's not a shock that once the team around him started to get a little weaker Mark's play did as well. A good QB can elevate players around him and get the best out of them. Mark has never done that. He was asked not to lose games early on in his career and for the most part he did his job, when they tried to turn him loose in 2011 he fell flat on his face. Rex and the FO knew this and we started to hear about how the Jets were going to be a "ground and pound" team again, Tebow was brought in and the rest is history. He is simply not a guy you build a team around. He has not proved he is capable of being the centerpiece of any team. He's proved that with a very good defense, a strong running game, and above average skill position play he can win you anywhere from 8-11 games.

I want a QB who is capable of putting a team on his back and carrying them. When I watch Tannehill, Wilson, Luck, Stafford, Cam, Kaepernick, all these QB's that came in the league at the same time or later that have all passed him I see QB's who have the potential to do that or who at the very least know how to play the position a lot better then Mark does. I don't see it in Mark. You might say guys like Wilson and Tannehill aren't in the same league as guys like Luck and Cam but they know how to play the position. Tannehill has shown to be a very good passer, if he could figure out how to throw the deep ball he would elevate to another level. I'm not saying he's great, right now his overall play is a little better then average IMO. But he is trending upward. He's getting better every year. Mark wasn't. Tannehill's problem is also coaching and the front office. He doesn't have a ton of talent to work with. Wallace is average, Hartline is ok.

Wilson doesn't have a ton of talent outside of Lynch to work with but he knows how to protect the football, bide his time, use his feet when needed, and eventually make the big play.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Mark's not a kid anymore. He's played 4 complete seasons in the league. He's won 4 playoff games yes, and played well in both championship games. But that doesn't make him a good QB. You have to look at the big picture. There is way more bad then good. He's to inconsistent. He will have a good game one week and then turn around the next week and turn the ball over 4 times. Good QB's are consistent. Mark simply isn't.

Insanity is giving up on a young, talented QB who has had success in this league including helping his teams win 4 road playoff games.

Back
Top Bottom