A few random Phin comments on my mind | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few random Phin comments on my mind

killswitch

engage
Reaction score
- if it's true that the Phins' first offer to the Redskins about O-gun included them asking for Patrick Ramsey, that sort of makes me wonder how much faith they really have in Feeley.

- next year, the Phins' first pick in the draft will be a D-lineman, probably a DT. I say this because obviously it seems T.Bowens is on the decline (I think this will be his last year as a Phin), and I think Larry Chester is very overrated among Phinfans. I know he's dropped a lot of weight and looks better this year so far, but over the past week I've watched some Phin game tapes of last year (monday night game against Eagles, also the Chargers, and last game of season against the Jets) and he wasn't impressive at all. He provides literally no pass rush ability, which isn't a surprise, but I was surprised to see how he actually gets taken out of the play often (way more than I would have expected) on run plays. TimBo was obviously the better of the 2 on tape. I think Chester will still be a starter for the Phins for the next few years at least, but I don't think he's as good as most fans want to believe, or at least as I wanted to believe.

- in watching the Chargers game last year against the Phins, I also kept my eye on Damion McIntosh, who looked real good. He's real physical, very powerful at the point of attack, and is a much better run blocker than I had expected (which makes me wonder if he'll move to RG when he gets healthy: W. Smith...J.James...McKinney...D.McIntosh...V.Carey - that really would be a hell of an O-line; and Jerman and St. Clair as the top two backups would also be solid). (BTW, Wade Smith will be a legitiamte solid starting LT next year.)

- I 'm all for if O-gun leaving for a first round pick (and maybe a little more). I think Jay Williams and David Bowens can handle the job fine together, along with Grigsby, who could provide solid depth. Also, Kenny Holmes and Peppi Zelner are both unsigned right now, and one of them could possibly be signed if O-gun leaves, further solidifying the position. Plus, if keeping O-gun really does mean that Chambers would be virtually impossible to keep next year, then i'd definately be fine if he left, especially for a first rounder and maybe a bit more.

IMHO, the Eagle game was a pathetic display of defense all the way around. Also the last game of the season against the Jets was pretty meaningless. I don't feel that Chester is overrated. I do believe he is rated. People are hoping that his reduction in weigh will add to his explosivness towards the pass. Miami had one of the better run defenses last year and Chester was a part of that. I don't remember many plays where there were huge holes in the middle.

I would hate to see Chambers go......if this scenario comes true: of O-Gun staying for big bucks and we lose CC next year.....then we will be the laughing stock of the league....and my faith in Spielman will be shot to hell....

God do I friggin' hate Rosenhouser......

There are alot of talented receivers in this league, don't get me wrong...but, Chambers just seems to have that extra something that hasn't been unleashed yet....I think we will see pro bowls from this guy before he is thru...

dcm said:
I would hate to see Chambers go......if this scenario comes true: of O-Gun staying for big bucks and we lose CC next year.....then we will be the laughing stock of the league....and my faith in Spielman will be shot to hell....

God do I friggin' hate Rosenhouser......

There are alot of talented receivers in this league, don't get me wrong...but, Chambers just seems to have that extra something that hasn't been unleashed yet....I think we will see pro bowls from this guy before he is thru...

I concur.

Chambers

We cannot afford to lose Chambers, we have no one close who can replace him, O-gun on the other hand is expendable, we have other players who can step up and play, our offense cannot diminish more then what it is.

Tim Bowens job is to eat up blockers, which he does AWESOME. It takes at least two to block him, and that leaves Zach and the other LB free to make tackles. that is why TBo numbers are not great. As long as he good enough to take on two blockers, he is good enough for our system.

You shouldn't question Feeley, Ramsey was their first choice anyway, of course they'd take one last shot at him. I pretty much agree with about everything else posted here.

Have to keep Chambers, I think he is going to blossom into the leagues elite at receiver. If O-gun must go, I say thank you and goodbye.

Ross said:
I don't want O-gun gone for JUST a #1. We have to get more...
If thats what it takes to keep chambers than so be itfor the trade.. i hope not that spielman will dosuch a dumb move by giving ogun his money and not to chambers or mcmike. I think they have to have their mind on offense these next two years cause our defense is old but hey look at the broncos or raiders, they are old defenses but they can still dominate. focus on offense and give ogun his air plane ticket and let him go..

Back
Top Bottom