A few things the Fins havent done in awhile | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few things the Fins havent done in awhile

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
For a team that allowed a league-worst 4.8 yards per carry last season, this was encouraging, even with the extremely small sample size:

Miami emerged from Sunday’s 19-17 win against the Chargers allowing just 3.1 yards per carry, 7th best in the league.

What’s more, after relinquishing 140 yards per game on the ground last season, Miami allowed just 44 on Sunday.

And there’s this: The Chargers’ 44 rushing yards were the fewest allowed by the Dolphins since Sept. 30, 2012, when Arizona mustered only 28.

The Dolphins have won 10 of their last 12 regular season games over two seasons – something they hadn’t done since 1992-93, when Don Shula was coach… What’s more, over the past 13 months, Miami has won six games in which it trailed in the fourth quarter.

Cody Parkey’s 54-yard field goal was the longest game-winning field goal in Dolphins history, according to the team.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article174106786.html

A big key to defensive success is time of possession by our own offense. Last year we started against Seattle going 3 for 13 on third down and ended up facing 20 more plays on defense in that game. Good way to give up 100 yard rushing. This year the offense controlled time of possession with controlled drives and 13 more offensive plays in the game. We need to keep that up to protect this defense.

I thought a dolphin kicker hit a 62 yard field goal in Denver one year to win the game, could be wrong I have to check

I thought a dolphin kicker hit a 62 yard field goal in Denver one year to win the game, could be wrong I have to check

Mare hit a very long one, think it was 02, I thought it was 54 but it must have been shorter. I think the game tying field goal was 54, I'll check.

It was 53 to win, just looked it up. Loved that game very memorable to me.

Differential of Offensive to Defensive plays

2012 -92
2013 -105
2014 +11
2015 -98
2016 -176

2017 +14

Good start to the season, Pretty hard to have a good D when you are giving the other team that many extra plays every year. Need to get that righted

Last edited:
The run defense definitely was good, but I feel like LA gave up on it too easily. It was like Philbin was coaching.

It was Olindo Mare in 2002 for 53 yards so Parkey does own the longest field-goal and dolphin history congratulations Parkey !!!!!!!
Longest GW FG. Stoyo hit a 59 yarded that started a 20 point comeback vs the Jets in the early 90's.

Back
Top Bottom