A Football Life: Csonka, Kiick and Mercury Morris | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Football Life: Csonka, Kiick and Mercury Morris

Thanks Skape. These guys were amazing in what they accomplished. I love the shots of Cszonka bruising would-be tacklers and Morris' speed looking like it would still hold up today. He was fast AND powerful w tree trunk thighs. In '72 these guys rushed for almost 3,000 yards among them. Insane. Also, that shot of Marino hitting Nat Moore in the '85 game against the Bears - I remember that game like it was yesterday. Look at how Dan moved and released the ball. But what a great segment. Awesome.

Had to watch it immediately. My favorite was Butch Cassidy Sundance Kid simply for the old footage. That was gold.

It was very interesting and followed up by another on Don Shula. Was a great day to be a fan of the Dolphins

I am fortunate to have been at the perfect age to witness this incredible time for the Dolphins. I got to watch every game on television. I was a super fan. These were wonderful days for me and I will always treasure them.

I modeled my life on Zonk's example. I was a fury when physically assaulted.

I still think Zonk is the only fullback to get flagged for unnecessary roughness while getting tackled. Shula was furious at that penalty!

Got them both on the DVR. Hopefully in the morning before the games start. Great for us old timers to relive it.

Csonka not just stiff-arming, I mean absolutely knocking defenders out of the way and down with his arm, is fantastic to watch. Csonk may be the player that most made me a Dolphin fan.

Loved the comparison to the Packers running game with Hornung, Taylor, and Pitts from the 60's.

Too bad that whole WFL fiasco had to happen. Seems so unnecessary.

Not one of the better episodes of A Football Life, unfortunately. Didn't really seem to have a point or be about anything. I would have rather just watched a show where those three guys ate dinner and drank beer and told stories for an hour. That was always Gene Siskel's question about a movie: is this more interesting than the same group of actors hanging out for the same length of time? The episode failed on that account.

It was very good. I think there should have been an episode devoted exclusively to Larry however. And why hasn't there been one on Dan yet especially with many of the subjects they've chosen so far.

I think that a lot of people forget or don't realize what these guys did. They combined for 3,000 yards from scrimmage in 14 games. We rushed for 200+ yards per game on average. It was insane. image.jpg

Really well done...brought back great memories.

Those great teams were full of really intelligent and colorful characters.

For those of us over 50 who remember this in person, this was a great age of Dolphin football and a great time to be a Fins fan.

One of my favorite memories of Csonka was watching him move the football from one arm to the other....not to protect it, but to be able to deliver a blow to whoever was trying to tackle him!

Back
Top Bottom