A fresh Dolphins six-pack (Jackson) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A fresh Dolphins six-pack (Jackson)

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A six-pack of Dolphins notes on a Monday:

▪ It’s highly questionable if Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield will even be available when the Dolphins select 11th in April’s NFL Draft.

But the Dolphins are taking steps to get to know him very well so they can make an educated decision if he’s surprisingly on the board when they pick.

Beyond spending alone time with Mayfield at last month’s Senior Bowl, the Dolphins have made plans to have dinner with him the night before they — and other teams — evaluate him at Oklahoma’s Pro Day on March 14.

There is no Davie visit planned for Mayfield at this time, but it’s certainly possible that could change.

Mayfield threw for 4,627 yards last season, with 43 touchdowns and six interceptions and a 70.5 completion percentage. Todd McShay’s latest mock draft on ESPN.com has him going fifth to Denver.

Mayfield created excitement among some Dolphins fans last month when he posted #GetmetoMiami on Instagram on Jan. 11.

▪ To create cap space, the Broncos reportedly might cut running back C.J. Anderson (per ESPN), and as has been speculated in social media, it would be not remotely surprising if the Dolphins pursue him —two years after Denver matched Miami’s offer sheet for him.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article200965649.html

No doubt we could use that RB, Guard and TE. It'd set us up nice for the draft

Ozzy rules!!

We can only hope that some team sees Mayfield as a top-5 prospect and he is still sitting there at 11. Back up the truck!

well at least charley knows davenports ideal fit is a 34 olb

haven't seen many draft analysts or mocks that do

Talk about a smokescreen, slim to none the Phins draft a QB in the first round.
I like CJ Anderson but please do not break the bank for him, if his asking price is to high we should pass.

Talk about a smokescreen, slim to none the Phins draft a QB in the first round.
I like CJ Anderson but please do not break the bank for him, if his asking price is to high we should pass.

I’ll be taking bets on that. If Mayfield is there at 11 he’ll be a Miami Dolphin. Of course, he won’t be so it doesn’t matter.

I can’t say enough how I despise the idea of signing a free agent running back.

I’ll be taking bets on that. If Mayfield is there at 11 he’ll be a Miami Dolphin. Of course, he won’t be so it doesn’t matter.

I can’t say enough how I despise the idea of signing a free agent running back.
I myself am not a big fan of signing FA RBs.........more importantly CJ will want to get paid.

We'll need some free agents. We can't cover every hole with the draft. I just hope they don't break the bank. If they pay somebody then I hope is a top guard to fix that spot once and for all

Ozzy rules!!

They need to sign Norwell, but hey, can't pay for guards right? A position so insignificant and easy to fill we've been trying for years on end with no success whatsoever.... But who needs a guard that actually costs more than a 10 bucks an hour, they're basically punters, right? :rolleyes:

"Dolphins decided last year that they no longer want to spend big money on free agent guards"

When did we start?!
Yeah good question. 'NO LONGER want to spend big money on free agent guards' would imply we ever did.... Maybe if they actually tried it, we'd have a real ****ing o-line instead of the **** show it is year in and year out.

We'll need some free agents. We can't cover every hole with the draft. I just hope they don't break the bank. If they pay somebody then I hope is a top guard to fix that spot once and for all

Ozzy rules!!
You're right of course, but i am sick of picking up other teams leftover players at high prices pass their prime. This has not worked well for us over the years and needs to stop.

I love these Mayfield to Miami stories. I cannot wait to have a re-do at qb and some excitement and upward mobility for years to come. I've had enough of 7-9's

Back
Top Bottom