A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than.

I agree with most of the list, but IMO he isnt better than Cutler or Dalton, right now anyway. Id give it another few more games before I annoint him better than Romo or Vick (although I do know Vick is a fumbling machine.)

He is definitely leaps and bounds better than Dirty Sanchez and Fitzpatrick.. thats for sure.

exactly...and that's what he doesn't show he's capable of doing...so shanny doesn't have many options...but right now that trade looks like belly up for the skins to me...no way can that kid take the contact he's taking and make it in this league at that size...no way

I also think it is kinda who he is as a track star back in college. I think the perfect example of the twos game and possibly NFL longevity can be explained on a play made by Tannehill.

2nd and 15 3rd Quarter up 7-6. Dolphins stop the Bengals rush but the pocket collapses Tannehill and/or Griffin would both would step up but that is where the similarities would end.

Griffin imho i think tries to run outside beat the LB's to the corner and run for whatever he can get. Problem is they might catch you and put a hurting on you or even if you ONLY get shoved OB you fall hit stuff on the sidelines could hurt your shoulder or collarbone etc etc just alot of risk for a guy is what what just over 6'1 210 risky indeed.

Tannehill however steps up ALWAYS keeping his eyes down field stays a few yards behind the line keeps the defenders at bay because he is a THREAT to run but is a PASSER first. So he squares his shoulders and on one foot (THOUGH PERFECTLY BALANCED) throws a freaking missile to Bess for a 28 yard gain no hits not risk and a BIG PLAY in fact the next play was a TD if Griffin run he gets what maybe 5 or 6 yards so its 3rd and long not first and 10 at the 13 so yeah I LIKE OUR GUY MORE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think it is kinda who he is as a track star back in college. I think the perfect example of the twos game and possibly NFL longevity can be explained on a play made by Tannehill.

2nd and 15 3rd Quarter up 7-6. Dolphins stop the Bengals rush but the pocket collapses Tannehill and/or Griffin would both would step up but that is where the similarities would end.

Griffin imho i think tries to run outside beat the LB's to the corner and run for whatever he can get. Problem is they might catch you and put a hurting on you or even if you ONLY get shoved OB you fall hit stuff on the sidelines could hurt your shoulder or collarbone etc etc just alot of risk for a guy is what what just over 6'1 210 risky indeed.

Tannehill however steps up ALWAYS keeping his eyes down field stays a few yards behind the line keeps the defenders at bay because he is a THREAT to run but is a PASSER first. So he squares his shoulders and on one foot (THOUGH PERFECTLY BALANCED) throws a freaking missile to Bess for a 28 yard gain no hits not risk and a BIG PLAY in fact the next play was a TD if Griffin run he gets what maybe 5 or 6 yards so its 3rd and long not first and 10 at the 13 so yeah I LIKE OUR GUY MORE.

I absolutely loved that he had the awareness to know exactly where the LOS was as to not go over it. Thats what I loved most about the play. That was a great veteran move.

I agree with the OP in all respects INCLUDING romo. That guy is what sanchize would be if sanchize played for the Dallas Cowboys.

what's so great about andy dalton??? he's got more going for him than fitzpatrick who i kinda compared to him last year but daltons nothing special...i'd rather have tannehill

I agree with the OP in all respects INCLUDING romo. That guy is what sanchize would be if sanchize played for the Dallas Cowboys.

Romo > Sanchez. That's not saying much of course. It's like arguing whether john beck is better than pat white.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Let's wait until the Rams address their o-line and get Bradford a legitimate WR before we say he's garbage. Bradford has all the tools to be elite.

I'd say that Tannehill has pushed himself into the top 16 starting QBs in the league, and his ceiling could be significantly higher than that in seasons to come.

I was watching that 'Good, Bad, and Ugly' video that one of the posters on this board made last Monday, and one throw in particular got me jazzed to the extreme. Tannebeast escapes a blitzer diving at his legs, slides out to his right, and throws a ball to Hartline RIGHT OVER THE DB'S SHOULDER! It was so Marino-esque it gave me chills. This is a rookie making that throw! Even RT couldn't contain his enthusiasm after that play. I think that was one where I got up and yelled OMG that's f'n' SIICCKK!
Then yesterday RT made 4-5 plays that dropped my jaw. It's just so fun to have a player like this again.

I'd say that Tannehill has pushed himself into the top 16 starting QBs in the league, and his ceiling could be significantly higher than that in seasons to come.

I can't wait to rfead what you guys will say when he actually starts making plays late in games. I guess then he'll be top 5?

I can't wait to rfead what you guys will say when he actually starts making plays late in games. I guess then he'll be top 5?

Do you really think there's a GM left in the league including The Beancounter, who, if having that opportunity, wouldn't package at least a 2nd round pick along with Sanchez for Tannehill?

I was watching that 'Good, Bad, and Ugly' video that one of the posters on this board made last Monday, and one throw in particular got me jazzed to the extreme. Tannebeast escapes a blitzer diving at his legs, slides out to his right, and throws a ball to Hartline RIGHT OVER THE DB'S SHOULDER! It was so Marino-esque it gave me chills. This is a rookie making that throw! Even RT couldn't contain his enthusiasm after that play. I think that was one where I got up and yelled OMG that's f'n' SIICCKK!
Then yesterday RT made 4-5 plays that dropped my jaw. It's just so fun to have a player like this again.

thats the thing. It seems every game there are a handful of plays that make u just go wow. He makes throws that very few qbs in the league can make right now. He makes reads and has pocket awareness of a ten year vet. It reminds me a bit of wades rookie year. He was picked after Lebron, melo and bosh. He came in his rookie year as a backup but early on you could see something different and exciting.

Its early and I'm not punching tannys ticket to the hof but I haven't had this feeling this early from a qb since Marino. Every game there is that wow moment.

Like the pass to Hartline to set up the FG against the Jets, or the TD to Hartline to take the lead at Arizona?

He'll eventually get there :hclap:

But in terms of QBs I wouldn't say a top 16 rank is beyond him at this point. I'd rank the following ahead of him:

AFC East: Brady
AFC North: Flacco, Big Ben
AFC South: Schaubb
AFC West: Rivers, Manning

NFC East: Vick, Manning, Romo
NFC North: Cutler, Rodgers, Stafford
NFC South: Ryan, Brees
NFC West: Smith

That's a total of 15 starting QBs who I'd rank as better than Tannehill at this stage in his career, and when he does start making the big plays in games he could certainly push himself ahead of some of those names listed above. The lad has a high ceiling, and under the right coaching, and with the right players to work with, the lad could in time make himself into a solid top ten QB in the league.

Back
Top Bottom