A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than.

He'll eventually get there :hclap:

But in terms of QBs I wouldn't say a top 16 rank is beyond him at this point. I'd rank the following ahead of him:

AFC East: Brady
AFC North: Flacco, Big Ben
AFC South: Schaubb
AFC West: Rivers, Manning

NFC East: Vick, Manning, Romo
NFC North: Cutler, Rodgers, Stafford
NFC South: Ryan, Brees
NFC West: Smith

That's a total of 15 starting QBs who I'd rank as better than Tannehill at this stage in his career, and when he does start making the big plays in games he could certainly push himself ahead of some of those names listed above. The lad has a high ceiling, and under the right coaching, and with the right players to work with, the lad could in time make himself into a solid top ten QB in the league.

andrew luck.

Like the pass to Hartline to set up the FG against the Jets, or the TD to Hartline to take the lead at Arizona?

are you talking about the penalty that set up your game tying FG?

He'll eventually get there :hclap:

But in terms of QBs I wouldn't say a top 16 rank is beyond him at this point. I'd rank the following ahead of him:

AFC East: Brady
AFC North: Flacco, Big Ben
AFC South: Schaubb
AFC West: Rivers, Manning

NFC East: Vick, Manning, Romo
NFC North: Cutler, Rodgers, Stafford
NFC South: Ryan, Brees
NFC West: Smith

That's a total of 15 starting QBs who I'd rank as better than Tannehill at this stage in his career, and when he does start making the big plays in games he could certainly push himself ahead of some of those names listed above. The lad has a high ceiling, and under the right coaching, and with the right players to work with, the lad could in time make himself into a solid top ten QB in the league.

Maybe he will eventually get there but based on 1 or 2 decent games(where he didn't make plays to win late) I can't rank him ahead of guys who have proven they can get it done. he is showing promise, you guys should be happy w/ his progress but it's getting out of control for a guy who hasn't really done anything yet.

My main disagreement with the list is Cutler. Having seen quite abit of Cutler over the last few years, Tanny is not at his level yet. Based on the first five games, I would also say RGIII has been the better QB, but I expect him to get exposed over time.

At the moment you can certainly argue RT is playing on the same level or better than everyone else on that list. He's on a par with Ponder and Bradford at the moment and better than the rest of them.

Do you really think there's a GM left in the league including The Beancounter, who, if having that opportunity, wouldn't package at least a 2nd round pick along with Sanchez for Tannehill?
Regarding the poll in your sig, I'd put Matt Moore at 3rd.

My main disagreement with the list is Cutler. Having seen quite abit of Cutler over the last few years, Tanny is not at his level yet. Based on the first five games, I would also say RGIII has been the better QB, but I expect him to get exposed over time.

At the moment you can certainly argue RT is playing on the same level or better than everyone else on that list. He's on a par with Ponder and Bradford at the moment and better than the rest of them.

No you cant not really. Ponder has played better than him, now you have to remember Ponder is in his second year, this list is pure BS . Damn we all like Tannehill but to say he is playing so much better than all these qb's is a major falsehood

the real question is are you guys over being butt hurt because we didn't get flynn or manning?...lol

the real question is are you guys over being butt hurt because we didn't get flynn or manning?...lol

Ugh, this again. Who was "butthurt" about Flynn? The majority opinion was that it was Philbin's call as he had an inside line on whether he had the ability. If he did, he'd be here. As for Manning, why would anybody be "butthurt" about a guy having zero interest in playing for the Dolphins? We never even had a shot at him.

Ugh, this again. Who was "butthurt" about Flynn? The majority opinion was that it was Philbin's call as he had an inside line on whether he had the ability. If he did, he'd be here. As for Manning, why would anybody be "butthurt" about a guy having zero interest in playing for the Dolphins? We never even had a shot at him.

In retrospect, even though I'm glad it worked out like it did, Miami is a much better team than Peyton thought we were and it would have been interesting to see what he would have done here.

No you cant not really. Ponder has played better than him, now you have to remember Ponder is in his second year, this list is pure BS . Damn we all like Tannehill but to say he is playing so much better than all these qb's is a major falsehood

I disagree, in the first five games this season, which of those QB's apart from Ponder, Bradford, RGIII and Cutler have played BETTER than RT?

I disagree, in the first five games this season, which of those QB's apart from Ponder, Bradford, RGIII and Cutler have played BETTER than RT?

That's not what the thread title implies.

It's not a list of who he has PLAYED BETTER THAN it's a list of WHO HE IS BETTER THAN, and I agree that to assess Ryan Tannehill as better than some of those veteran QB's after 5 games is a bit ridiculous. This is no bash on Tannehill, I just think that making these sort of judgements are better suited to wait until a full season has been completed.

It's not a list of who he has PLAYED BETTER THAN it's a list of WHO HE IS BETTER THAN, and I agree that to assess Ryan Tannehill as better than some of those veteran QB's after 5 games is a bit ridiculous. This is no bash on Tannehill, I just think that making these sort of judgements are better suited to wait until a full season has been completed.

In dlockz' post he states 'Damn we all like Tannehill but to say he is playing so much better than all these qb's is a major falsehood.' IMO, he is playing aswell, if not better than the majority of QB's on that list right now.

Maybe for you it is. As for me, maybe you need to go and axe somebody. Cause, I can make these calls bro. Clean your loupe. Im telling you right now that Tannehill is a ****ing beast. You would be wise to just go with it.

Back
Top Bottom