A long and verbose Howdy...hope you don't mind | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A long and verbose Howdy...hope you don't mind

Hardpoint

Dol-Fan in Diaspora, Professional Geek
Reaction score
I've posted a few times, but never here til now. I'm 37-yrs old, live in Champaign, IL currently, but grew up in Los Angeles. I have never even been to Florida, but have been a Dol-Fan since the '81-'82 season and have bled Aqua and Orange ever since, even during the years when I'd lost touch with the team pursuing other interests. Now that I'm older and a father of 2 precious little girls, I'm back in the thick of it, having hungrily pursued info on the draft and post season for the first time in my life.

I decided to get into football and knew I needed to pick a team to root for. At the time I was heavily into Jacques Cousteau and oceanography, which is what led me to pick the Dolphins. A goofy reason, I know, but I was also drawn to the colors. What locked me deeply into fandom and forever stamped the addiction to the Fins was that 82 playoff game against the Chargers. When the Chargers won, I rooted for the Bengals to get some payback for my Dolphins. I've kept a love for the Bengals ever since for their generously listening to my cries for vengeance.

I really enjoyed then QB David Woodley, and the Killer B's defense. Woodley was a scrambler and I found that to be really cool. I even went so far as to trace and color a small 8 1/2" x 11" sign with the Fins logo for the Superbowl against the Redskins. Surrounding that was a taunt, something about the Killer Bs feasting on Bacon or something. Some of you might remember that the Redskins had a Hog nickname for their line if I recall correctly. I'm sure I'm getting it wrong. It was a VERY long time ago, so my memory is fuzzy.

I dropped out for a short time, coming back for Marino's run at the Superbowl, and fading in an out over the years, primarily because I had no one to share my football experiences with. Then I met my wife. It was a long time before my wife and I started watching football together, but that connection to my first season as a Dol-Fan came back immediately. You see, my wife is originally from Cincinnati and is a solid Bengals fan. Fate had truly sent me my soul mate.
:dolphins:

In my normal, non-football life, I'm a video game designer working for Volition; makers of the Descent, FreeSpace, and Red Faction games, as well as Saints Row, which debuts on the Xbox360 Fall 2006. I have 2 little girls; one is nearly 3 and the other is a newborn. The toddler enjoys watching football with Daddy, a tradition I intend to keep as long as possible. As for my "colors", I own an aqua JT jersey (#99), black baseball hat, 3 pairs of Fins socks, 2 sweatshirts, a black suede jacket, and a Santa Hat. I joined Finheaven & Co this year and have made it a daily stop in my netsurfing regimen, often multiple stops a day. I love this place. I've never been as hooked on the Fins as I have this past 2 years; since our long awaited return to prominence. I'm 100% behind Saban and I anxiously await the 2006-07 season.

LONG LIVE THE REIGN OF SABAN!

LONG LIVE THE CULPEPPER/CHAMBERS/BROWN TRIFECTA!

GO FINS!!!

Back
Top Bottom