A looong way to go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A looong way to go

Pags

Practice Squad
Reaction score
:dolphins: Don't get me wrong, I love getting the W against an undefeated team, but there is a lot this team needs to fix before we can be considered a good team.
:confused: Need much better play at QB than Harrington is able to give. He takes chances on short patterns that he shouldn't. His accuracy is not good on the deep ball
:fire: Penalties, At least twice we had a D-lineman jump offsides on 4th and less than 5 yards, that gave the Bears the ball back. On the plus side, the O-line didn't have one penalty called on them, did they?
:boohoo: Offensive playcalling, Is it me, or are we the only team that has not figured out that a play fake and pass to the TE who normally slips behind the LB coming up to play the run fake and in front of the safety is a good play in the red zone? Can't remember seeing us complete this pass.

Pags said:
:dolphins: Don't get me wrong, I love getting the W against an undefeated team, but there is a lot this team needs to fix before we can be considered a good team.
:confused: Need much better play at QB than Harrington is able to give. He takes chances on short patterns that he shouldn't. His accuracy is not good on the deep ball
:fire: Penalties, At least twice we had a D-lineman jump offsides on 4th and less than 5 yards, that gave the Bears the ball back. On the plus side, the O-line didn't have one penalty called on them, did they?
:boohoo: Offensive playcalling, Is it me, or are we the only team that has not figured out that a play fake and pass to the TE who normally slips behind the LB coming up to play the run fake and in front of the safety is a good play in the red zone? Can't remember seeing us complete this pass.

man i hate when the pats run that play against us....and get it....every....single.....TIME:fire:

I do agree with you. However, today was an enormous step! I mean absolutely astronomical in so many aspects. Our offensive line finally seems to have gelled and we found a spot for LJ Shelton who looks very good at RG. Carey is a solid RT and will be fine there and Hadnot is a solid center. That leaves the left side which needs a change at both spots. We are a lot further along on the OL than we were 5 weeks ago.

Ronnie Brown shut a lot of people up today. How many tough yards did this guy have? He ran tough all day and found some big holes. He went through guys and had great vision all day. Phenomenal day for Ronnie.

The biggest part may have been our secondary. Our guys were flying to the ball and Jason Allen finally did something. Will Allen also had a good game and we finally got Bell in the lineup. Why the hell hasn't he been starting all year?

So while we do have a long way to go, a lot of positions seem to be headed in the right way. If we can just fix that left side of the line, get a healthy Daunte back, and find another guy or maybe 2 for the secondary, we should be pretty damn good next year.

I agree with all above, and would like to add:

Olido Mare :fire:

He is hurting this team.

I agree, were still in progress of making things happen here. And on game won't determine that this team is good. But a few games played this way will prove that they are getting better.

Back
Top Bottom