A lot of paralells between 08 season and upcoming 12 season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A lot of paralells between 08 season and upcoming 12 season

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Following a losing season in 2007, we fired cam cameron and hired tony sparano in 2008, sparano brought in a hole new coaching staff.

Following a losing season in 2011, we fried tony sparano and hired philbin in 2012, philbing brought in a hole new coaching staff.

In 2008 we signed a smart, veteran QB coming off an injury who everybody thought was washed up in Chad Pennington.

In 2012 we signed a smart, veteran QB coming off injury who everybody thinks is washed up in David Garrard.

We went into the 2008 season with the easiest schedule in the NFL.

We enter 2012 once again with a very manageable and easy schedule with a veteran QB.

In 2008 we unveiled the wildcat offense that helped lead us to the playoffs

In 2012 we will be switching to the west coast offense which will make the offense more agressive and exciting

In 2008 we didnt have a number one receiver, we had guys like London, bess, and ginn.

In 2012 we dont have a number one reciever, we will rely on precision routes and contributions from multiple receivers and the hope the ocho cinco can show he still has something left in the tank.

In 2008 nobody picked us to do anything coming off a 1-15 but we went 11-5 and made it to the playoffs.

In 2012 nobody is picking us to do anything coming off 6-10, clayton predicts 4-12, but I think this team will surprise people.

Now I'm not into superstition or anything like that but I do see a lot of parallels between the 08 season and 2012 season, I have a good feeling about this team.

i have no doubt we will see alot of good come out of this season, but we MUST build off of it. 08 was great, but look what came of it...

We won 10 more games in 08 than we did in 07... That means we're going to win 16 next year.

The parallels are hard to ignore and the potential for overachievement is high. We're obviously not ready to compete for a championship THIS season, but a winning season and surprise playoff appearance sure would make things entertaining for a starved fanbase.

Unlike 2008, where a winning season was a false promise of things to come, IMHO a winning season in 2012 would be an indicator of things to come. I believe in Philbin and I believe in Tannehill much more than I ever believed in Henne.

Back
Top Bottom