A non-Dolphin fan perspective on this amazing Dolphin season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A non-Dolphin fan perspective on this amazing Dolphin season

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
Okay so we're all obviously huge Dolfin fans, and except for a few EXTREMELY critical fans, we're all amazed by how successful this season has been...

Now imagine fans from other teams. They gotta be scratching their heads wondering how this is happening. (And I hate that weak schedule BS-Didnt the Pats have the easiest schedule in the NFL, or how bout the Colts. This is the NFL "any given Sunday")

Do you think the average NFL Fan could name 5 guys on the Dolphins!? I love the no self-loving, non-egotistical mindset of this team. No selfish players.

But seriously the thing that amazes me most is on paper before the start of the 2008 regular season, an argument could be made that we had one of the worst rosters in the NFL. I think Bill Parcells was quoted saying something like that upon taking the VP job here.

Look at the top players on the other 8-5 teams, or even teams with records worse than ours and compare their best players to ours. (Average NFL Fan Perspective)

SAN DIEGO (4-8)
Phillip Rivers is better than Chad Pennington
Chris Chambers is better than any reciever we have.
Cromartie/Jammer > Allen/Goodman
Chargers Oline>Fins Oline

Patriots (8-5)
Moss > Any reciever in the NFL
Welker > Better than any reciever Dolphins have
Patriots Oline > Fins Oline
Patriots Dline > Fins Dline

Jets (8-5)
Lord Favre (so sick of this guy) >>>>>> (much better) Chad Pennington
Kris Jenkins > Jason Ferguson
Jets Oline > Fins Oline
Leon Washington > Ted Ginn

The average NFL fan could probably name about 5 players on this team!
Chad Pennington, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Joey Porter, perhaps Ted Ginn and/or Jake Long... We have no big name guys and I love that!
I love our no name guys like Greg Camarillo, Devone Bess, Nick Carpenter and Yeremiah Bell..We are the sleeper team in this league.

I have a question though.. It seems to me in this league, all the good teams have an identity... For instance, the Steelers have their zone blitzing and balanced attack offense, Colts have Manning and his effective passing, Ravens and their turnover friendly defense..You get the point.. Every week you know what to expect from these teams.. So now that we are in the upper echelon in this league, how does the rest of the NFL view us as? I'd say we may be the most sound team, we dont do anything too great but we rarely make mistakes.

I think most teams see us as you said a sound team that makes you beat us, as we wont beat ourselves.

Also our team is built around the idea of getting the early lead, then shortening the game with long drives for points.

I think the biggest part of our identity is controlling the pace of the game and winning the turnover battle.

weak schedule?? Weve had it much toughter than Jets and Pats

I used this to make a point to my brother 2 weeks ago. He was trying to tell me Miami had easy schedule! So I combatted with my research

"Ok lets put this in English for you the 1st half (1st 8 games)

Miami played teams with combined 49 wins, Jets played teams with combined 29 wins (20 games difference THATS HUGE!!!!)
Patriots played teams combined with 30 wins!! (19 games difference, thats HUGE!!!)

At the time we played them, Buffalo was 5-1"

wow impressive numbers.. ya im not one who believes in that "weak schedule" crap but thats what "people" are saying

I believe they could name Porter, Brown, Williams, and Pennington. Odds are that they will know the Jake Long name too.

Back
Top Bottom