A Positive Phins Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Positive Phins Thread

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Last year, most here were not expecting a whole lot. Most believed that Tannehill would take another year to develop, with many young players, and many new ones. It was gonna take another year to fit in all the pieces to contend in 2014. What happened?

On O- Tannyhill did improve. The OL was a frakin disaster. Keller went down, and we were screwed at TE. Wallace and RT did not click. The run game was non-existent. Our new kicker was not as good as the old one. We had one hell of a time in scoring points.

On D- Wake was injured. Our LB's were horrible. Jones was lost. Our 2nd CB was serviceable.

Draft- It was basically a waste last year.

Coaching- Philbin was questionable. Few had any respect for Sherman.

What Really Happened?

Well, we won 8 games, beat playoff teams. and came within a win of the playoffs. This was all in spite of all of the above problems, without even bringing Bully Gate into it.

Hmmm, when considering all this, I'm thinking we did pretty good.

This year, we have to expect Tannyhill to be better, along with the OL, Wallace, and the run game. Hard to be worse.

And one would have to also expect improvement from our 2nd CB, Jones, and our LB's. Hard to be worse.

So, maybe, just maybe, we could be pretty good this year. Just a thought.

Like the positive thread. You could have shortened it:

"Jeff Ireland was here last year.
He is gone. We will be better this year."

I like that thought :brewskis:

I think it's a fair one based on what the team overcame last year. When you look back, overall there were not many players who played up to what hey have done or, what most believe they can do.

IMO, the only exceptions were Hartline, Gibson before injury, Starks, Grimes, and that's about it.

Like the positive thread. You could have shortened it:

"Jeff Ireland was here last year.
He is gone. We will be better this year."

I'm not that down n Ireland. I thought he was average, and added all the guys who did pretty well last year. I think that if makes the Albert trade, we win one more game, in the playoffs, and he may well still be here.

Thanks for the thread bro. I really excited about Lazor as the OC. I hoping that Tannehill comes into his own and improves this year. I am also looking for significant improvement from Coach Philbin.

Thanks for the thread bro. I really excited about Lazor as the OC. I hoping that Tannehill comes into his own and improves this year. I am also looking for significant improvement from Coach Philbin.

Agreed but, I'm also looking to the players to play up to how they can. The coaching and the one year's experience in adapting have to help Wallace, Ellerbe, Wheeler, Jordan, Taylor, Dallas, Gibson, and Brenner. Also, Clay just played his first year at TE, and will be better.

Forgetting the draft for the moment, this is where I see the team improving a lot.

Thanks for the positive thread, the bashing threads get a little old.

You left out Gibson going down and later Hartline at a critical time.

If we finish fixing the O-line, make some adjustments at linebacker I see the potential for a great season.

As always, things have to go your way in the injury department and players have to live up to potential.

But there is no way Tannehill shouldn't be much improved with a superior O-line, Moreno should help out a lot.

On defense, there is good reason to believe Jordan will expand on some of the playmaking we saw glimpses of last year, which coupled with Mitchell's athletic ability up the middle could make our pass rush scary good. Particularly if the young DB's along with the addition of Delmas and Finnegan all pan out.

Of course it all has to come together...but I am excited about the potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get my hopes up anymore, Lazor is going to be key if we have success along with a healthy roster.. I'm not a Ireland fan but if we succeed and get in to the playoffs no one can deny that Ireland was a big part in building a winning roster.. If you think Hickey had everything to with it, then only the foolish will understand.. I really don't care who's involved, just win baby! And get to the big show... Go Dolphins!

Expectations last year were playoffs or bust.. Ireland busted..

Players quit on Philbin not Ireland. Losing the last two games had nothing to with Ireland.. Philbin and Sherman kept us out of the playoffs..Period..

Agreed but, I'm also looking to the players to play up to how they can. The coaching and the one year's experience in adapting have to help Wallace, Ellerbe, Wheeler, Jordan, Taylor, Dallas, Gibson, and Brenner. Also, Clay just played his first year at TE, and will be better.

Forgetting the draft for the moment, this is where I see the team improving a lot.
I want to players to play up to there abilities and push each other also, but sometimes it takes the right mentors in coaches to get the best out of individuals.

I want to players to play up to there abilities and push each other also, but sometimes it takes the right mentors in coaches to get the best out of individuals.

Yeah, in the "good old days" of the NFL, coaching was not as important. In the trenches, it was just beat the guy in front of you. For RB's, it was just run where they ain't, make them miss, and bust some tackles.

Now, it's much more intricate in complicated blitz packages and guys on the DL (all 300 pounds of them) dropping back in coverage. Coaching has become much more important, and players no longer have a split second to think or, they are dead.

I believe we have seen this with players trying to adapt and hesitating, does not work. Some believe that that you just add a player, add water, and no problem. That's no longer true.

We must get better production from our draft then we have been getting the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom