A Pretty Good Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Pretty Good Year

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
All things considered, with next week not mattering much, I believe that our team has had a pretty good year. Most expected us to win around 3 games, and we surprised many.

We have a LEGIT QB, and that is the most important thing this year has shown. NOTHING is as important. Philbin looks good, and we have a very young team. I'm liking this team, and looking forward to the off season, and next year.

Pretty good year against a soft ass schedule... bleh

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Agree Sobe, the biggest things to come out of this season are getting a franchise QB, knowing we have a great set of coaches and arguably that Ireland can draft. All in one season is great.

Welcome to mediocrity. We're celebrating a 7-9 or 8-8 (if we can beat the Patriots) year, missing the playoffs yet again all the while playing one of the softest schedules in the entire NFL? Good year guys, see you next September for more of the same!

God it sucks being a Dolphin fan!

Disappointed to miss the playoffs again, but this year was an encouraging stepping stone. This team was ranked #32 in most preseason power rankings, blasted for having no talent and some actually thought Miami would match the 2008 Lions record of 0-16. An 8-8 or 7-9 season is not great, but it a good step for this franchise. What we learned this year is that this team does have talent, we have a young quarterback who is improving, a good defense and a head coach who has done a very good job.

Assume Miami loses next week against the Patriots, they will be 7-9. At the same time, the Jets might beat the Bills to also finish 7-9. Sometimes records don't always tell the whole story or where a franchise is at. I think a 7-9 Dolphins team is more successful and have far more future hope then a 7-9 Jets team. The future is bright.

just hoping we we win next wee for the sake of the dude who put down mega bucks for the 8 win season

All things considered, with next week not mattering much, I believe that our team has had a pretty good year. Most expected us to win around 3 games, and we surprised many.

We have a LEGIT QB, and that is the most important thing this year has shown. NOTHING is as important. Philbin looks good, and we have a very young team. I'm liking this team, and looking forward to the off season, and next year.

no they didnt. there was a massive thread before the season started here asking to post what we all thought our record would be, and the most valuable offensive, defensive, and rookie players... and the general consensus was a team that would win 6-9 games, with the usual outliers of 11 wins or less than 5 wins.

positives about this year... easy we finally sacked up and found the quarterback of the future.
negatives.... same old ****. middle draft pick. no playoffs. and same needs as last offseason sans a QB. ho hum.

No, but that doesn't matter. We're not going to the Super Bowl, so we suck. Fire Ireland and Philbin and cut RT *sarcasm off* :rolleyes2:

Welcome to mediocrity. We're celebrating a 7-9 or 8-8 (if we can beat the Patriots) year, missing the playoffs yet again all the while playing one of the softest schedules in the entire NFL? Good year guys, see you next September for more of the same!

What a bunch of haters on here.
You must really have a miserable life.
Did you expect to win the Super Bowl this year?
I think they exceeded expectations this year?
Already more wins than last year.
Franchise QB of the future.
First franchise coach since Shula.
Good young core of players?
Top 10 defense.
What the hell did you expect???

I think our arrow is definitely pointing up, particularly considering we had an entirely new coaching staff and a rookie QB.

It does bother me a little that we didn't beat any of the 'tough' matchups on our schedule with maybe the exception being Cincinnati and Seattle. I can't see either of those teams going very far in the playoffs though. The important thing is our rookie QB got a full year under his belt, our coaching staff has a full year of player evaluation, we have a ton of picks in the draft, and plenty of cap room to work with next year. 2013 will certainly be a season to be excited about!

So in a year with a rookie QB, rookie head coach, rookie DC, new offensive and defensive systems (and philosophies) and we achieve what we have achieved. Either you are blind or you like to drown in your own self pity.

So in a year with a rookie QB, rookie head coach, rookie DC, new offensive and defensive systems (and philosophies) and we achieve what we have achieved. Either you are blind or you like to drown in your own self pity.

See Indianapolis Colts...

Agree Sobe, the biggest things to come out of this season are getting a franchise QB, knowing we have a great set of coaches and arguably that Ireland can draft. All in one season is great.

How many here actually thought that, coming into this season, we would really believe in a QB and HC? Not me. I know it's early for both but, I DO believe in both now, and I surprise myself in saying so.

I cannot imagine how anyone can think differently at this point. I see stability in the two most important people in a football team's life. It may take a couple of years to see a finished product but, I can now wait, and hope it happens sooner.

I talked wit a long time Phinatic, season's tickets for over 35 years. He said that he did not like any of our coaches after Shula or, any of our QB's after Marino, until now. I have to agree with him.

nobody holding a gun to your head to be a fin fan,from what i hear the jets are looking for a leader.We have our qb,5 early draft picks,ton of cap space,young and gained invaluable experience this year! I for one am excited for the offseason, to all you haters last chance to board the fins express

Back
Top Bottom