A serious question. Would you swap? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A serious question. Would you swap?

Would you trade records with the Cleveland Browns this season in exchange for their 1st round picks?

• Total voters

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The NFL Draft is already on all our minds...and I can't help but envy the Cleveland Browns having 2 picks in the TOP 5...oh, I mean TOP FOUR.

*Sidenote: Has that ever even happened before!?

They get 2 of the best talents in the entire draft this year... BUT...it came with a price. It required having 2 of the worst seasons in NFL history. They went WINLESS this season and had only 1 win the year prior. That is 1 win in 32 football games....holy **** folks...how do they live with themselves? (I don't know.) And if we wanna get really sad we can bring in the season before that...4 total wins in 3 full seasons. Thats less than we got THIS season guys...and remember how sad our forum was this year?

So while I envy their position over the next couple months...its hard to imagine going through that much suffering. In order to make this poll reasonable and to attempt to get an interesting result...I've decided to make it simple.

Would you be willing to trade our 2017 season at 6-10 for a WINLESS one (that was every bit as bad as the Browns this year?) Would it be worth the pain/suffering for you? You can keep the team intact as it is. You could play a scenario where Gase is fired...whatever you like. Get creative.

If you'd accept a winless season for those 2 picks - who would you have us take? Justify your choice.

I said no, because I couldn’t imagine 4 total wins in 3 years.

But for the sake of the game, IF we were in their position, I’d take Barkley because he’s an absolute game changer that can take pressure off of Tannehill behind that mediocre line. With the second pick, I’d probably look to trade out. If I couldn’t trade, Chubb

I didn't vote, but what makes you think we will draft better than we have even with the #1 pick? We can't seem to draft squat the last few decades. The only person that stands out is Landry, maybe Tannehill. The rest are average to below average.

No. I couldn't imagine going through two of the worst seasons in history and back to back for that matter.

We might not need to swap. There's a decent chance next season we'll be the Browns. I truly hope not, but recent history has taught me to not be optimistic.

At 6 - 10, we can at least point to a couple of games and say we were close, win those, and we could have been in the playoffs. With a young coach like Gase, having a game like the New England win is huge.

Most observers still have faith in him, knowing that with all the injuries, and some tweaks in the staff and roster, he can get us back to the playoffs, and be our long term answer at head coach.

A winless season would have put an end to any credibility Gase had, and would have set us back even further than a couple of good players would move us forward.

I said yes. Going winless for this season only I think would be OK. I think Gase would have survived because of the injury to RT AND...Ross always waits too long to do the right thing. Having the ammo of 2 of the top 4 picks could be awesome.

The goal is not just acquiring high Draft picks. Some people on here salivate like Pavlovian dogs (with permanent boners) about acquiring Draft picks. Cleveland have all of these high Draft picks and seem to waste them year after year.

How often are the Browns not near the top to pick each draft, year in and year out? Yet they are still there. The Pats however are always at the tail end of the board year in and year out....yet win the division each and every year and have built a dynasty.

Talent evaluation and coaching is the difference. We haven't had it in many years but we finally appear to have a coach that is on the track to turn it around. I can't think of a team that went to the playoffs this year that did so on the back of their previous top draft picks. I could be wrong bc I'm not a league guru and don't study teams like some, but in my mind they did so through proper team balance and COACHING.

Having a top pick is exciting come draft day, but it in no way ensures the certainty of success in the slightest so I never understand this "throw away everything for the first pick" talk. How often does that work? (Please don't reply if it's just the praise of the suck for luck crap)

Have two of the top 4 picks in this year's draft is not that big of a deal. This draft seems weak compared to others and there aren't very many players that scream instant difference maker. Besides, isn't the fourth pick courtesy of a trade with Houston? If so, the Browns didn't really "earn" that pick with their 1-31 record, it was more of a result of Houston doing poorly this year.

I think I would use the top four pick to trade down and/or trade for next years draft spots too. Teams seem to like the draft positions this year and sometime will trade their next years first and something this year for this years first from another team.

NE does this well. Trade a pick for two or three picks every year. I think they know who ever they get, they can coach up. seems like they always have a lot of picks each year.

Better question, would you trade going 1-31 in two years for those picks? Because no, I wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom