A T-Hill Prophecy? Our Most Successful Drafted and FA QBs All Wore Double Digits! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A T-Hill Prophecy? Our Most Successful Drafted and FA QBs All Wore Double Digits!

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If you believe in omens, Tannehill's #17 portends well for his career success.

First consider our drafted QBs: the two best ever: Marino and Griese respectively wore #13 and #12. Then there was the late David Woodley who went 27-12 while wearing #16. Don't forget our backup extraordinaire, Don Strock, #10, who went 14-6 over his long career with us. Even backup Damon Huard, #11, drafted in '98, started 6 games and went 5-1. Scott Mitchell, #19, didn't set the world on fire here before he snookered Detroit into that FA contract, but still he threw 12 TDs to 8Ints.

On the other, darker side of that draft road we have: John Beck #9, wee Patty White #6 and Henne#8. I've likely missed a few others unlike Josh Heupels who never saw the field so chime in.

For those who were initially drafted or signed elsewhere before reaching Davie, it's a bit murkier:

On the very bright side there's Earl Morrall #15 and Chad Pennington #10, arguably 2 of our 5 or 6 best QBs in franchise history. To a lesser extent although he won 9 games for us in his short pit stop is Gus Frerotte #11. Conversely, moderate positive exceptions to this Double Digit Hypothesis would include Jay Fieldler #9 and Matt Moore #8

Free Agents who negatively lived up to their assigned numbers include Culpepper #8, Lucas #6, Harrington #3
... and the outright awful or circumstantially underwhelming double digit jersey exceptions coming from elsewhere include Cleo Lemon #17 (hopefully not an omen), Thigpen #16, Trent Green #10, Brian Griese #14, Sage Rosenfels #18, and AJ Feely #13

So obviously 2 of our best ever QBs, FAs Morrall and Pennington experienced their success for us while wearing double digits on their backs, so that's relevant despite the many FA exceptions, but largely it's the homegrown under center hypothesis that has held up pretty firmly for those drafted QBs who precede T-Hill.

I understand that the assignment of numbers is somewhat either arbitrary or a carry-over from college and an argument can be made that the foregoing is hogwash. However, there's no denying that our greatest QBs whether drafted by us or not, all sported double digit numbers on their backs. It just is what it is. Although he's got some big shoes to fill, hopefully Ryan will carry on in that grand tradition. :up:

ryantannelhilldolphinsjersey-1.jpg

Attachments

• 16vNV1.Em.56.jpg
    16vNV1.Em.56.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 23
I was 90% sure that Henne wore number 7...

AJ Feeley wore #13??? Hmm, all along I thought that number was retired. silly me

i cant believe you wrote that long of a post for a jersey number...LMAO!

If you believe in omens, Tannehill's #17 portends well for his career success.

First consider our drafted QBs: the two best ever: Marino and Griese respectively wore #13 and #12. Then there was the late David Woodley who went 27-12 while wearing #16. Don't forget our backup extraordinaire, Don Strock, #10, who went 14-6 over his long career with us. Even backup Damon Huard, #11, drafted in '98, started 6 games and went 5-1. Scott Mitchell, #19, didn't set the world on fire here before he snookered Detroit into that FA contract, but still he threw 12 TDs to 8Ints.

On the other, darker side of that draft road we have: John Beck #9, wee Patty White #6 and Henne#8. I've likely missed a few others unlike Josh Heupels who never saw the field so chime in.

For those who were initially drafted or signed elsewhere before reaching Davie, it's a bit murkier:

On the very bright side there's Earl Morrall #15 and Chad Pennington #10, arguably 2 of our 5 or 6 best QBs in franchise history. To a lesser extent although he won 9 games for us in his short pit stop is Gus Frerotte #11. Conversely, moderate positive exceptions to this Double Digit Hypothesis would include Jay Fieldler #9 and Matt Moore #8

Free Agents who negatively lived up to their assigned numbers include Culpepper #8, Lucas #6, Harrington #3
... and the outright awful or circumstantially underwhelming double digit jersey exceptions coming from elsewhere include Cleo Lemon #17 (hopefully not an omen), Thigpen #16, Trent Green #10, Brian Griese #14, Sage Rosenfels #18, and AJ Feely #13

So obviously 2 of our best ever QBs, FAs Morrall and Pennington experienced their success for us while wearing double digits on their backs, so that's relevant despite the many FA exceptions, but largely it's the homegrown under center hypothesis that has held up pretty firmly for those drafted QBs who precede T-Hill.

I understand that the assignment of numbers is somewhat either arbitrary or a carry-over from college and an argument can be made that the foregoing is hogwash. However, there's no denying that our greatest QBs whether drafted by us or not, all sported double digit numbers on their backs. It just is what it is. Although he's got some big shoes to fill, hopefully Ryan will carry on in that grand tradition. :up:

ryantannelhilldolphinsjersey-1.jpg

Sounds legit to me.

It was posted by Vaark, therefore it must be true!

Vaark the prophet! ALL HAIL!

How is this for a "Omen".

The Miami Dolphins have had great success with every QB they have drafted in the first round

So if you have to have a number, use the number 1, as in which round they were drafted in.

Who is T-Hill?

If you can't figure that out, the roadmap you need to get hold of should extend far beyond the fins and football!

How is this for a "Omen".

Ask your English teacher after class so he/she has enough time to properly explain the definitions and nuances of the word!

The Miami Dolphins have had great success with every QB they have drafted in the first round
so? does that make the best draft picks having double digit jerseys any less true?

So if you have to have a number, use the number 1, as in which round they were drafted in.

Obviously that's 2 contentious and mocking responses to what was acknowledged in the OP as possible "hogwash." Now I've had to waste a few minutes of my valuable morning to reply where neither of your posts were necessary other than to keep your fingers busy. If you had pointed out that I got some numbers wrong, which I did like Henne's then that's fine, but to piss and moan about what was intended as a fun and optimistic thread in a slow time when most of the incoming media news and opinion is negatively colored, then I guess you achieved your goal.. we're noticing you.. so hallelujah for you.

If you spend your time writing this silly stuff, your time cannot be that valuable.

This is one of these threads you should quietly walk about from and hope people forget you wrote it.

P.S. I'm not calling our future franchise 1st round QB by some goofy hippity hoppity nick name.

But do not let that stop you V-Ark :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom