A trade down with Cincy that works for both sides!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by finsfan1972, Apr 9, 2013.

1. finsfan1972

finsfan1972 Rookie

If Miami is not able to get one of the top 3 OT's at #12 I would offer the following trade down with Cincy as a win win.

Cincy loves S Kenny Vaccaro from Texas and sent their entire staff to his recent pro day workout. The issue is several other teams like Vaccaro as well and Cincy is sitting at #21 in the first round.

Miami is having Vaccaro in for a private workout soon possibly to get Cincy's attention?

If Cincy would trade their #21 pick in the fist along with the #37 and #53 picks in the second (1700 value) for the Fin's #12 in the first and the #42 in the second (1680 value) would you make that trade?

I would, this would give gives us an extra 2nd round pick #53 and also moves us up to #37 early in round 2 to go with our #54 pick.

The draft is deep in several positions of need for the Fins and having 4 picks out of the top 54 picks gives us a great chance to grab BPA at CB, OT, DE and TE.

Still leaving us with two 3rd round picks to go after stud's who fall to us in round 3.

I am not a fan of trading up if we must give up too much value to do so.

The above trade down would be a deal I could not pass up.

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
  2. dhavitia

dhavitia Well-Known Member

I like it!!

3. Pat-London

Pat-London A True Fan

Interesting and well thought out. Although I'm interested on who you'd target at 21.

If we trade down, I'd be looking at either Eifert or Carradine, and both may be gone by 21. Outside of that possibly Cooper and it's likely he doesn't last to 21 either.

Nice to pick up the extra value, but I'd only make such a trade if I knew who I wanted and was sure he'd be there at 21.

So who'd be your target?

4. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

I'd love it but I just dont think we will trade down in this draft.

5. PhishyPhishy

PhishyPhishy Well-Known Member

Love the idea but like the previous post stated, who you want at 21?

6. Fin_Frenzy_84

Fin_Frenzy_84 Starter

I'd personally take either Eifert or Trufant. If Eifert is there the its a no brainer

7. finsfan1972

finsfan1972 Rookie

I feel some very good players that fit what we are looking for will still be sitting at #21 as there is always a sleeper or two who jump up in the first round by surprise (Oakland you listening?).

I like all three of the above and would add to your list CB Rhodes or Trufant, DE Mingo or Werner or one of the many DT who rate highly but I would most like Eifert the TE.

I think Eifert could add something Miami need's, a Red Zone threat and a young TE for Tannehill to grow with.

8. d211757

d211757 Rookie

We could target either Eifert or Ertz or even Allen with 21... I like it!

9. normaniii

normaniii A True Fan

I would take Damontre Moore. The guy was a top 5 pick before combine and is only 20.

10. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

Best Scenario!!

11. DcRy82

DcRy82 A True Fan

J. Cooper @ 21 if Eifert isn't there.

12. ahmilli

ahmilli Rookie Finheaven VIP

D.J Fluker @ 21 would be nice...

13. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

1a. Eifert
    2a. Justin Hunter
    2b. Taylor, Bidi Wreh, or best CB on the board
    2c. Alex Okafor
    3a.Giovanni Bernard
    3b. Kyle Long

14. justdev7

justdev7 Rookie

If this happened I would need new underwear for 2 reasons.

15. COMEBACKRICKY

COMEBACKRICKY Superbowl MVP

There are some mock drafts that have Moore dropping to the third round. I realize his combine was awful but even if he coulndt bench a noodle his combine shouldnt have that sort of impact. I've seen Moore play in almost every game and he's always around the ball, always making plays. People put way too much stock in the combine and Moore is going to be a great value pick for someone.
    Him and Jarvis Jones, I'd love if the Dolphins are able to grab them in the second thats why I would love this Cincy trade. To me, you cant have too many guys that pressure the QB and these guys are elite at doing that.

16. normaniii

normaniii A True Fan

If they both fall to 20's and we could manufacture a trade down and up to snag both, I would be delighted.

17. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

If this happened....... I would go crazy..

You can take about 2-3 of these guys with those picks Eifert, Rhodes, Trufant, Carradine, Okafor, Ertz, Mingo, Fluker, Richardson, Patterson, Reid, Jones, Cooper, Warmack, Werner..

18. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

1. Jonathan Cooper
    2a. Alex Okafor
    2b. Zach Ertz
    2c. Robert Alford
    3a. Giovani Bernard
    3b. Bacarri Rambo
    4. Barrett Jones
    5a. Kevin Reddick
    5b. Stansly Maponga
    7a. Jeff Nady
    7b. Everett Dawkins
    7c. Kenny Tate

19. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

[video=youtube;kJFv3OML998]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJFv3OML998[/video]

Dude can't even handle the #3 OT who just learned to play tackle two years ago. Maybe Jarvis Jones but it'll be interesting to see if he is a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.

20. finsfan1972

finsfan1972 Rookie

Good article on Cincy and Vaccaro interest.

2013 NFL Draft: Will the Cincinnati Bengals Trade Up in Round 1?

Kenny Vaccaro is the top safety prospect by far in this year's draft class.
    Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
    The 2013 NFL draft is only 22 days away, and teams like the Cincinnati Bengals are beginning to develop their strategies. Big boards are becoming more clear, and certain players will be targeted at particular spots in the draft. All things considered, what would possess the Bengals to trade up from pick No. 21 overall?

There are several factors that would come into play for the Bengals to make such a move. The right teams need to be involved, the right players available and the right offer presented. This could all potentially come into play for Cincinnati on April 25.
    It seems as though the Bengals could be keying in on a particular first-round prospect. That player would be Kenny Vaccaro of Texas—the top-rated safety in this year's class.

The Bengals' interest in Vaccaro became blatantly obvious on March 26—the Longhorns' pro day. Cincinnati will usually send its position coaches to a pro day that provides a prospect worth a look. For instance, on Matt Elam's pro day—the second-rated safety out of Florida—the Bengals sent secondary coach Mark Carrier to work him out (via SB Nation).

The big difference in Vaccaro's pro day is the fact that Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer conducted the drills himself (via CBS Sports). This is a very rare occurrence and will only happen if there is serious, legitimate interest in a prospect.
    News of the Bengals' interest in Vaccaro struck again when the safety tweeted Wednesday morning that he was on a flight to Cincinnati.

This was confirmed by Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer Wednesday afternoon.

It seems clear that the Bengals are pulling out all the stops in effort to court this great coverage safety make him their selection on draft day.
    Now that the player has been identified, what do the Bengals need to do to acquire him?

Due to a weaker draft class this year, teams will be looking to trade down out of the first half of round 1 to acquire a prospect that will require a smaller price tag. This is because there is not much of a gap in talent at many positions between the early and late first round.

Looking at the order of the 2013 NFL draft, there are certain teams that could potentially snag Vaccaro before the Bengals get on the board at 21. The most obvious of these teams is the Pittsburgh Steelers at 17 and the Dallas Cowboys at 18 overall.

**PS. Cincy has 10 picks in the draft and will be looking to trade up as needed to get the players they want.

21. BC26

BC26 Active Member

Dallas also likes Vaccaro. I'd rather drop to 18 and pick up Dallas' 2nd in the process (plus whatever else needs to happen to make the trade work). I'd grab Cooper there and then trade back into the first with our added ammunition to get Eifert.

22. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

I LOVE the scenario, and on top of the picking up an extra selection we would have back to back 2nd rounders. I would be ecstatic if this happened.

23. RichmondWeb

RichmondWeb Greetings from Portlandia Finheaven VIP

Having GM'd for Dallas in two 7 round mocks, I'm confident that the Cowboys will (uncharacteristically) not be trading up early this year. They are in salary-cap hell, with an aging team, and they are also changing their defensive front, all that and they only have 6 mediocre picks in the draft. They will be looking to trade down IMO.

I love the Cincy deal; we can find a nice player at 21. I would add CB DJ Hayden to the list, his stock is way up after medical clearance as he may be the best CB in this draft...

RW

24. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Or you could just take Ertz with a 2nd and keep the picks gained intact. Trading up in this draft is pointless and a waste of everything Ireland has done so far.

25. finsfan1972

finsfan1972 Rookie

Lot's of good options will still be on the board at 21 and an added early 2nd rounder would bring great value.

PS. Seem's the Fin's are not sold on Johnson and would not trade up to get the #3 LT in the draft (see Miami Hearald article today).

" Finally, if the Dolphins do try to trade up, I can almost guarantee it won't be for Johnson. Yes, he is a legitimate first-round selection. Yes, he plays a position of need. But the Fins like Joekel and Fisher much, much, much more than Johnson and have some concerns about Johnson as a left tackle. And that's the guy they're going to give up extra picks to get? I don't think so ".

26. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

I would that in a heartbeat.

27. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Yeah I think I would make this trade....#37 and #53 would give us a better shot at top guys earlier in the 2nd round...I think we could probably get a great starter at #21 and I agree that the top three OTs will be gone. Eifert, C. Patterson and some top pass rushers could still be there at #21. It depends on who is taken in the top ten on whether I would make the call to Cincy and ask if they would want to do this.