A trade down with Cincy that works for both sides! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A trade down with Cincy that works for both sides!

finsfan1972

Rookie
Reaction score
If Miami is not able to get one of the top 3 OT's at #12 I would offer the following trade down with Cincy as a win win.

Cincy loves S Kenny Vaccaro from Texas and sent their entire staff to his recent pro day workout. The issue is several other teams like Vaccaro as well and Cincy is sitting at #21 in the first round.

Miami is having Vaccaro in for a private workout soon possibly to get Cincy's attention?

If Cincy would trade their #21 pick in the fist along with the #37 and #53 picks in the second (1700 value) for the Fin's #12 in the first and the #42 in the second (1680 value) would you make that trade?

I would, this would give gives us an extra 2nd round pick #53 and also moves us up to #37 early in round 2 to go with our #54 pick.

The draft is deep in several positions of need for the Fins and having 4 picks out of the top 54 picks gives us a great chance to grab BPA at CB, OT, DE and TE.

Still leaving us with two 3rd round picks to go after stud's who fall to us in round 3.

I am not a fan of trading up if we must give up too much value to do so.

The above trade down would be a deal I could not pass up.

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting and well thought out. Although I'm interested on who you'd target at 21.

If we trade down, I'd be looking at either Eifert or Carradine, and both may be gone by 21. Outside of that possibly Cooper and it's likely he doesn't last to 21 either.

Nice to pick up the extra value, but I'd only make such a trade if I knew who I wanted and was sure he'd be there at 21.

So who'd be your target?

I'd love it but I just dont think we will trade down in this draft.

I feel some very good players that fit what we are looking for will still be sitting at #21 as there is always a sleeper or two who jump up in the first round by surprise (Oakland you listening?).

I like all three of the above and would add to your list CB Rhodes or Trufant, DE Mingo or Werner or one of the many DT who rate highly but I would most like Eifert the TE.

I think Eifert could add something Miami need's, a Red Zone threat and a young TE for Tannehill to grow with.

We could target either Eifert or Ertz or even Allen with 21... I like it!

J. Cooper @ 21 if Eifert isn't there.

1a. Eifert
2a. Justin Hunter
2b. Taylor, Bidi Wreh, or best CB on the board
2c. Alex Okafor
3a.Giovanni Bernard
3b. Kyle Long

I would take Damontre Moore. The guy was a top 5 pick before combine and is only 20.

There are some mock drafts that have Moore dropping to the third round. I realize his combine was awful but even if he coulndt bench a noodle his combine shouldnt have that sort of impact. I've seen Moore play in almost every game and he's always around the ball, always making plays. People put way too much stock in the combine and Moore is going to be a great value pick for someone.
Him and Jarvis Jones, I'd love if the Dolphins are able to grab them in the second thats why I would love this Cincy trade. To me, you cant have too many guys that pressure the QB and these guys are elite at doing that.

Back
Top Bottom