"a wake up call"..."Send a message"..."set a fire under them" blah..b | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"a wake up call"..."Send a message"..."set a fire under them" blah..b

Wdolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
These attempts at rationalizing the teams poor play have officially gotten old. We have heard these things for several years now.

How about, "This is as good as they are"?

Who was talking SB anyway? What proof is there? This Miami team has lost its last three regular season games.

If they lose up in NY it's all over. This Miami team is not a come from behind team, they aren't a keep them down team.

They are a haphazard whichever way the wind blows team.

Negative Nancy strikes again :D

NE lost their opener and went to win the SB.
Tampa lost their opener and went on to win the SB.

What really makes you think this team can't do the same? It's good we lost, and if you can't see that then I'm sorry. This team was getting to self involved and it's a straight pimp slap in the face.

thankyou xo...

this negative attitude is starting to get hold fast!

I believe the ravens lost their first game and won it too

Sunshine is all well and good, but right now, the players agree with this post. They came out with sunshine beaming out of their butts, and we all saw the outcome. You want these guys to beat the Jets? Than these guys had better accept the fact that they're going to have to give 110% to win that and any other game this season. The worst team in the NFL came into Miami, gave 110%, and beat a potentialy great team that was giving barely 80%, and that will happen every time unless the players/coaches change. Honestly, TODAY this is an 0-16 team. Hopefully that reality changes in week 2, but that's the reality of week 1. Right now this team has lost the right to talk about the Playoffs. Week 2 we might win back the right to hold our heads up, and week 3 we COULD once again win some bragging rights if we beat Buffalo. But today, the Texans beat the brag out of us.

If it was any other team, I'd be optimistic after a loss like this.

But our team, especially the D, has a very bad attitude, and when the wheels start to come off, they totally collapse. This D walks around like they are great, and whenever they get slapped, they don't come out stronger, they sit around and mope, say "We're such a great D, how could this happen?"

If we don't win next week, just watch how the D will pack it in.

I refuse to blame the offense. No one says our O is great. The D is supposed to be unstoppable, but it never is. How many third down conversions do we have to see?

If we lose to the Jets, who may just have looked worse than us on Thursday, it's gonna be bad. The Jets are not a good team, just like the Texans. Let's hope for the best. But history shows this D does not respond well to adversity.

Need I say any more.

"see you after the practice." Comments like that should be reserved for superbowl champions, not for a team that couldn't surpass the Not Yet jets in to the playoffs last year.

That 2 point conversion, what the hell was that. We are not the rams, we should never stoop as low as they do by trying to be ****y. We deserved to lose this game.

I've been a fins fan since the super season, and the way we acted was pathetic. I expected our boys in aqua to come with their game faces on.

At this point, I would take Grbac over Fiedler. When you have THE BEST running back in the league, there is no need to rely on a subpar QB. Wanny, you should have kept Huard.

This loss is either going to make our boys champs or again keep the best player from getting a ring. First Danny, I hope ricky is not next. $5,000,000 for fiedler when we could have gotten dilfer for $2, and then drafted Drew Brees. Whats wrong with that picture. Junior better give our defense a good *** whippin.

When you're up 5 and you can't stop the other team, you make it a touchdown game. You go for 2. That's just the way it is.

Fiedler isn't making $5 million. I think it's closer to $2 million. Remains to be seen if he'll return next year. Brees hasn't done a whole lot either. But that pick's certainly a bust (Jamar).

Time to get this train back on the right track in NY.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Negative Nancy strikes again :D

NE lost their opener and went to win the SB.
Tampa lost their opener and went on to win the SB.

What really makes you think this team can't do the same?

Because this team has The Failure as a head coach, not Bill Belichik or Jon Gruden. We have the Dagwood Bumstead lookalike who licks his lips like a freaking lizard all game long. Someone get the moron a tube of Chapstick for God's sake.

Originally posted by Muck
When you're up 5 and you can't stop the other team, you make it a touchdown game. You go for 2. That's just the way it is.

Fiedler isn't making $5 million. I think it's closer to $2 million. Remains to be seen if he'll return next year. Brees hasn't done a whole lot either. But that pick's certainly a bust (Jamar).

When the other guy is scoring FG's left and right, it might be a good idea to keep yourself at least 6 points ahead.

Originally posted by Muck

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

When the other guy is scoring FG's left and right, it might be a good idea to keep yourself at least 6 points ahead.

Amen!

Don't worry guys, this team will bounce back. Just like I was telling everyone in the offseason that Zach was not the devil when he didn't restructure day one of the offseason and that Chambers wasn't a loser when he missed on two stinkin' passes in the preseason. This is a speed bump and maybe the best thing that could've happened to this team. They realize they're vulnerable now and, if they truly are a good team, then they're going to come out swinging the rest of the way. We'll see the true character of this team next week.

One more thing to remember here: the 'Fins had a "statement" game at the beginning of the season last year against the Lions and look where it got us: nowhere! So don't put too much into this loss just yet.

Re: "a wake up call"..."Send a message"..."set a fire u

Originally posted by Wdolfan
These attempts at rationalizing the teams poor play have officially gotten old. We have heard these things for several years now.

How about, "This is as good as they are"?

Who was talking SB anyway? What proof is there? This Miami team has lost its last three regular season games.

If they lose up in NY it's all over. This Miami team is not a come from behind team, they aren't a keep them down team.

They are a haphazard whichever way the wind blows team.

You're right! I wouldn't watch anymore games if I were you.

:rolleyes:

Fiedler agrees to five-year deal with Dolphins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Having said all along that their preference was to retain Jay Fiedler instead of exploring other options, the Miami Dolphins lived up to their word. The team has signed Fiedler to a new five-year, $24.5 million contract.

I believe this is close to a 5 million dollar deal. Now tell me, does Feidler deserve this. Like I said, we could have gotten Dilfer for $2 mil and Drew Brees. All I'm saying, is it's 2 for one. I would take Dilfer and Brees any day over Fiedler. I'd even conceed that Marc Bulger, AJ Feeley, and Jaime Martin are better than Fiedler. Way cheaper too. So no, Jay does not make $2, Mil, he makes closer to $5 mil. can provied you with the website if you want. Can anyone say Neil O'Donnell?

Jay will never see $24.5 million from the contract. His salary this year is between $2 and $3 million for this year... the salaries really balloon starting next season.

5 years and $25 million does not mean $5 million dollars a year, in the NFL.

Yes the deal in total was worth that much, but it's the end of the contract that pays the big $$$. After this year Miami will have to make a choice on Fiedler, that's when he makes big time money. Jamie Martin was just cut by the Jets, do you really think he's better than Jay? Not sold on Brees yet but I'd take Dilfer.

Back
Top Bottom