Aaron Curry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Curry

EJay

Scout Team
Reaction score
Yeah, I know he is going to be drafted within the top 5 selections (maybe even the top 3), but I'm just curious whether the draft gurus of this site believe that he can play the inside linebacker position in the 3-4?

Every website I've looked at has Curry listed as an outside LB, in a 4-3 I presume. Some websites believe he is a superb pass rusher, while some question is pass rushing skills.

I'm wondering if anyone would be looking at him as an ILB in a 3-4? While it is said that he is shorter than preferred (he's listed at a hair under 6-2 and 254 lbs), Ray Lewis is listed at 6-1 250 and certainly has dominated the position during his career.

Is Curry strictly an OLB or could he be a dominant ILB in a 3-4?

He can play any LB position... ILB or OLB in a 3/4 or 4/3

He is that good

he can play both, that is why a lot of people having the browns taking him for ILB or chiefs. He plays OLB too in a 4-3

but... no reason for us to worry because no chance we can get him

Patrick Willis but bigger. Maybe better. Probably #1 player on our boards.

but... no reason for us to worry because no chance we can get him

See, that's just the thought I was having. If he is that good ... and could be a dominant ILB in a 3-4 ... I'd consider trading up to get him.

Assuming that Cam Wake turns into a pretty good player, I think the Dolphins are set on the outside. If they can somehow manage to add a beast of an ILB (e.g. Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis in his prime), I think they could be a really good defense next season.

From what I've seen on film, Curry looks like a sure thing. He's a superior athletic tackling machine with a non-stop motor. While there may be some other talented ILB prospects out there, we all there is a night and day difference between having an elite ILB and a pretty good one.

Assuming Curry could excel at ILB (and I don't see why he couldn't), I'd love for the Dolphins to beg, borrow, and steal to get him. While I know it isn't the SIP way, a fan can still be hopeful.

Too expensive to jump into the top 5 (nothing short of Dolphin Stadium in the trade), and we have way too many needs...Im with you on how special this kid looks, but sitting at 25, basically makes us forget about him....
Now, if we were to trade DOWN a only a few spots, still get somebody we covet, and get more picks (like Dallas did with Cle for Brady Quinn), it would be thrilling...
Imagine another 2 and a 4-5, or an extra 1st next year!!!

Back
Top Bottom