About the buffalo game. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About the buffalo game.

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This game has me a little scared.. if this was the same coaching staff from last year..I wouldn't be so worried...but there's too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable about this game. It's one everyone is taking for granted that we'll win, and while I want to believe that, I know we don't know a thing about how Gailey will approach us, The only thing Gailey doesn't know about us is the D, because we don't know what kind of D we'll have either. Here's my concerns:

1. Gailey's a smart OC, we did well under him, and he's a master at trick plays.. i.e., see Spiller as a spoiler.
2. Edwards doesn't have a history at DC..we don't know what to expect..we can only hope he runs the same kind of 3-4 he saw in Miami, but that's not a given.
3. This same supposed sorry team beat us at the end last year.
4. This is a division game and anything can happen.
5. Where's our deep threat? Brandon's not as fast as Ginn. Why will Safties back up as opposed to playing close to the LOS..Brandon won't out run them. He uses his height nicely and eludes after the catch, but he doesn't burn pass defenders.
6. When Fergie wasn't in, we got ran on..that included Starks playing some Nose last year and the year before against baltimore.
7. Does S Smith play corner closer to the receivers this year or not..while he was in the vicinity last year he was almost a yard off, and that's why a lot of ball were caught over him.
8. The lack of experience at OLB can hurt us..not reading the play before it happens..anticipation plays a major role in players ability to stop a play..do we have the necessary goods at OLB?

The positives.
1. We have a new DC.
2. We have a weapon at WR
3. I think our OL will be awesome, ONCE they gel..
4. We're a young fast, physical team, but are we a smart team..offseason graffles suggest maybe not.
5. We execute really well, and our 3rd year in the same O should help pay dividends.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game has me a little scared.. if this was the same coaching staff from last year..I wouldn't be so worried...but there's too many unknowns for me to feel comfortable about this game. It's one everyone is taking for granted that we'll win, and why I want to believe that, I know we don't know a thing about how Gailey will approach us, The only thing Gailey doesn't know about us is the D, because we don't know what kind of D we'll have either. Here's my concerns:

5. Where's our deep threat? Brandon's not as fast as Ginn. Why will Safties back up as opposed to playing close to the LOS..Brandon won't out run them. He uses his height nicely and eludes after the catch, but he doesn't burn pass defenders.

Did safties back up when we had Ginn... No. He wasnt considered a deep threat or any threat for that matter.

Marshall might not have speed to be considered a deep threat, but what he does know how to do is make YAC, which can be considered a deep threat in in of itself, terms of yardage.. same thing with Hartline, he averaged 16 YPC last year.

All your other concerns are completely valid.

I agree that our WR's will be a threat for sure

But a true deep threat would be so amazing, a player such as DeSean Jackson. Fast, tough, and can catch.

Everyone loves a burner

So, when you play some DB when your with your buddies playing some football, how close do you stay to the receiver? a yard?

When your talking about The NFL...last year pretty much means nothing...

I think you gotta say that the phins have not beat the Bills in Buffalo in 5 years...

I think this is the year tho..But your right, this game is not a given

there's other factors that make defenses play their safeties deep. speed is the most obvious one. in Marshall's case, defenses will stay back because he's going to break tackles and he's fast enough to run away from DB's once he's beat his CB. a speedy WR would add a new element to the offense, sure, but Marshall alone will pin the safeties deep as well.

I am not really scared about this game. Will it be a blowout? Probably not being the first game of the season. I do think we will win just not by a big margin. This is a game that we need to win and will win.

I sick and tired of people calling Ginn a deep threat..HE ****ING SUCKED..Hartline is our deep threat, He will be our "Burner", and I've also seen B Marshall do a fly route and score plenty of times.

But your other points are somewhat valid.

When you're the favorite there's always a chance for a spoiler. You never know, maybe Edwards puts it together this year and they make some magic with their three good running backs. I don't think Buffalo will have a good season, but they could definitely beat us in week 1. Especially with the way we've started seasons the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom