About the draft and what I need to remind you guys of players drafted from College | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About the draft and what I need to remind you guys of players drafted from College

finheavenfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think whenever a coach for some reason says he drafted a player to back up in special teams it doesn't mean that the player will never get a starting role later on the season or even before training camp. It happened to many players like zack thomas being drafted. He was drafted in the 5th round thinking he would contribute in special teams and he won the starting role. If any of you remember that is.

Training camp is real and if our first pick goes wild and impresses coaches then he might push greenwood sometime during the season if he is innconsistent. Miami doesn't usually start their rookies unless they really need one at that position. They will likely play specials teams but don't think of it as a bad pick if this kid will contribute for us big time in the near future. I got mad and yes I wanted miami to draft a wide receiver but I'll be satisfied if this kid makes a push at either strong safety or outside linebacker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope this kid can fill a starting spot at either strong linebacker side or strong safety which many prospects projected him to make that move if drafted.

Back
Top Bottom