About The Secondary....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About The Secondary.......

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
RELAX!!! We weren't seeing our best 4 or 5 guys on the field all at the same time in the secondary. Do you honestly believe that Howard, Tillman, and Bell Will all be starting come opening day??? The secondary needs some cohesion too folks, and once Madison, Daniels, Tebucky Jones, and Schulters all get into it, we're going to be much much better than what we looked like tonight. I TRULY TRULY believe that with those 4 we will have a quality starting defensive backfield, Now as far as our nickel and dime backs....... lets just say we could use some more help from elsewhere here!!! Howard looks AWEFUL(As He Did Last Year) Where's Will Poole When You Need Him???????

Nice point sir... it is just hard to see the Phins getting consistently burned in the secondary... even though this was an exhibition game... good thing that there is time for the guys to gel before the regular season

Umm, we weren't seeing our best 4 or 5 guys because we don't know who those guys are yet...and that's plenty of reason to worry.

Positive: Madison looked GREAT (the P.I. call = total B.S.), Schulters looked good, Bell looked good, Richard looked like good depth, Daniels showed off how he LOVES to finish plays..

Negative: Not a great feel for the zones, Tillman didn't look good, Tebucky didn't play much and didn't overwhelm us, nobody really overwhelmed us, we get beat deep, and our depth is more than just a concern...it's one injury away from being a four-alarm fire.

We didn't get any pressure on the QB. That alone will make your secondary look bad. We didn't gameplan though so it's no big deal. Now if our secondary looks that bad after our 3rd and 4th preseason game then I'll worry.

byroan said:
We didn't get any pressure on the QB. That alone will make your secondary look bad. We didn't gameplan though so it's no big deal. Now if our secondary looks that bad after our 3rd and 4th preseason game then I'll worry.

Yup, that was a serious problem. The front lines couldn't seal the deal on making plays behind the backfield. This D feels like their still learning to get comfortable

It's a totally new secondary scheme. Quite honestly, I thought for a first preseason game, with an entirely new scheme, they looked about like what I expected.

ckparrothead said:
Umm, we weren't seeing our best 4 or 5 guys because we don't know who those guys are yet...and that's plenty of reason to worry.

Positive: Madison looked GREAT (the P.I. call = total B.S.), Schulters looked good, Bell looked good, Richard looked like good depth, Daniels showed off how he LOVES to finish plays..

Negative: Not a great feel for the zones, Tillman didn't look good, Tebucky didn't play much and didn't overwhelm us, nobody really overwhelmed us, we get beat deep, and our depth is more than just a concern...it's one injury away from being a four-alarm fire.

The times I only really saw us getting beat deep was either by.......
A: Reggie Howard
B: Guys That Are BELOW the depth chart and probably won't make the team

I think a lot of people are worried because they wanted to see this team as heads and shoulders above the Bears and didn't see that.

It's reality, guys. Miami is going to be in the 80-85% of teams who are a few breaks between the playoffs and a high draft pick. The Bears are going to be there, too.

The biggest problem tonight was young players not knowing the scheme. There were a lot of plays where they just looked confused. They didn't know where they were supposed to be but that can be fixed over the next month. Still a Miami secondary get torched so much.

if only wwe were in the nfc or another divison we might be a 9 win team but with our divison i would say we are looking at 500. anything more would be a blessing, what i am saying is we are better on offense but slightly down a notch but i am going by what madden said because of our divison. i think it would be a miricle for us to get 9 wins .

One main problem I saw with the secondary is that they were left on the island too long. The D-Line did not get any kind of consistent pressure on the quarterback. Hopefully this is because we had a vanilla defensive scheme and did not throw in a lot of blitzes.

Back
Top Bottom