ACC Football | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC Football

I know people love to hate the SEC....that's what makes it so great....but they can't do anything about it on the football field....

Hey maybe the Hurricokes will become good enough one of these days to earn the right to get slaughtered by an SEC team in a bowl game....err...wait.....don't get your hopes up....:lol:

Uh, have you read anything I just wrote? That's my point, the ACC continually beats the SEC in those things they call football games, but for some reason, the SEC is so much better. I guess winning the actual games means nothing.

How about you don't get your hopes up for Bama winning a NC anytime soon. I know it's been awhile. You can say your in-conference games are tough, but I think the ACC's are just as tough, for the reasons I've already stated. I think we're a better top to bottom conference. Nonbiased conference rankings agree with me. And what's our OOC schedule this year? Oklahoma, USF, UCF. I'd much rather have ANY SEC team's schedule than ours.

Uh, have you read anything I just wrote? That's my point, the ACC continually beats the SEC in those things they call football games, but for some reason, the SEC is so much better. I guess winning the actual games means nothing.

How about you don't get your hopes up for Bama winning a NC anytime soon. I know it's been awhile. You can say your in-conference games are tough, but I think the ACC's are just as tough, for the reasons I've already stated. I think we're a better top to bottom conference. Nonbiased conference rankings agree with me. And what's our OOC schedule this year? Oklahoma, USF, UCF. I'd much rather have ANY SEC team's schedule than ours.

Well....playing Oklahoma again is probably going to result in another 40 point beatdown or so like last time for the Cokes....so I can see where you're coming from there...lol

Been 17 years to be exact since Bama won the title....I know that's probably a painful memory for Coke fans too....lmao

The SEC beats the tar out of the ACC's "elite" teams almost always....

The SEC beats the tar out of the ACC's "elite" teams almost always....

I agree. That's not the point I'm trying to make. I think week in, week out, ACC teams have a tougher time than SEC teams. I mean when Vandy and South Carolina (teams that both lost to ACC opponents last year) are tied for third in one division, and the 3rd through 6th teams have sub .500 records in the other division, it's pretty hard to disagree. But keep going if you'd like.

I think the difference is that it's easier for the lesser ACC teams to beat the middle of the pack, or upper echelon ACC teams on a regular basis than it is for the lesser SEC teams to beat the middle of the pack, or upper echelon SEC teams on a regular basis....

I don't think that the ACC is better top to bottom....I just think the SEC teams are more consistent....which is probably directly attributed to the difference in coaching from the ACC to the SEC as well....

I think the difference is that it's easier for the lesser ACC teams to beat the middle of the pack, or upper echelon ACC teams on a regular basis than it is for the lesser SEC teams to beat the middle of the pack, or upper echelon SEC teams on a regular basis....

I don't think that the ACC is better top to bottom....I just think the SEC teams are more consistent....which is probably directly attributed to the difference in coaching from the ACC to the SEC as well....

That's probably true also. But our middle of the pack seems to be beating the SEC's middle of the pack lately. It's all media hype.

The ACC has always had and always will have top notch talent. They just do not have the coaching to capitalize on it and produce in college. Take Al Groh for example, he is always producing top tier talent for the draft but what has he done with that college. Also bobby bowden is another example. FSU always as top 10 recruiting classes. They always have players picked in the first couple rounds. But with all that, they have done nothing the past 6 or so years (mostly in part to bad QB play). Thats what seperates the ACC from the SEC. it is COACHING. Take a good look at the SEC coaches: meyer, richt, miles, saban, spurrier. These coaches not only get their players to produce in college, but in the pros as well. The media is biased A LOT of the time, especially ESPN, but in this case they are not to blame. Put the blame on the ones who deserve it, the COACHES.

The ACC has always had and always will have top notch talent. They just do not have the coaching to capitalize on it and produce in college. Take Al Groh for example, he is always producing top tier talent for the draft but what has he done with that college. Also bobby bowden is another example. FSU always as top 10 recruiting classes. They always have players picked in the first couple rounds. But with all that, they have done nothing the past 6 or so years (mostly in part to bad QB play). Thats what seperates the ACC from the SEC. it is COACHING. Take a good look at the SEC coaches: meyer, richt, miles, saban, spurrier. These coaches not only get their players to produce in college, but in the pros as well. The media is biased A LOT of the time, especially ESPN, but in this case they are not to blame. Put the blame on the ones who deserve it, the COACHES.

well just wait until UNC becomes a powerhouse under Butch Davis it will happen, I like to think the Canes are nearing their once dominate selfs again. the definition of not living up to talent level is Clemson they should have been a top team last season but were greatly inconsistent

Big time post,dude.
That's the best explaination I've heard so far.
Excellant job.

well just wait until UNC becomes a powerhouse under Butch Davis it will happen, I like to think the Canes are nearing their once dominate selfs again. the definition of not living up to talent level is Clemson they should have been a top team last season but were greatly inconsistent
UNC will be a power because of Davis.
The Canes will not (and I like the Canes)because I don't consider Shannon
a elite coach.The Canes deserve a elite coach like Davis.
Thats just my opinion.

Coaches? You think Frank Beamer can't capitalize on talent? The first time he had a great player they went to the national title game. The only reason that Va Tech is ever good is because of Frank Beamer.
Bobby Bowden - I mean what can you say about the guy. He's won national titles, we all know about the career wins total, and he's always had great teams, except for the past couple years. He won more national titles than Saban, Miles, or Spurrier ever did, and just as many as Meyer (although he inherited a ton of talent, just like Miles). Richt hasn't really even done much either, except continue to produce teams that underachieve.
Butch Davis built Miami up after probation, and he's slowly building UNC up as well.
The only coach I think that argument actually works for is the Bowden that was just at Clemson. I don't think Virginia's ever had a great deal of talent on their team, but it's a credit to Al Groh for still developing a few great players out there.
Randy Shannon and Paul Johnson haven't been at their programs long enough to judge. Given the enormous level of success Randy Shannon has had at every other thing he's ever done with his life, it's hard to imagine he's going to struggle now. The talent he's brought in is incredible, and the fact that he's already developed competing teams is a credit to him.
And even after all this debate about coaches and what not, the issue of the ACC teams beating the SEC teams is still not being discussed.

All time record SEC vs ACC -251-117-10....(SEC)
Last 10 years 41-30-0..... (SEC)
2008 SEC vs ACC 6-6...good job ACC
2007 SEC vs ACC 4-3....slight edge to SEC
2006 SEC vs ACC 5-1..."Rut, Ro, Raggy"....going to go with the SEC here.
I just don't see where you are getting this "ACC is beating the SEC on the field"from?

All time record SEC vs ACC -251-117-10....(SEC)
Last 10 years 41-30-0..... (SEC)
2008 SEC vs ACC 6-6...good job ACC
2007 SEC vs ACC 4-3....slight edge to SEC
2006 SEC vs ACC 5-1..."Rut, Ro, Raggy"....going to go with the SEC here.
I just don't see where you are getting this "ACC is beating the SEC on the field"from?

That's because you either have an obvious reading disorder, or didn't even read my previous arguments. I said the elite teams are better than ours (3 of those 6 wins were from Florida and Bama) and that I don't consider meaningless bowl games to be a factor for various reasons (which 2 of the others were). So that leaves South Carolina over NC State. A good win for the SEC, but over the course of the season, the ACC proved to be deeper. I never said they've always been better, I said last year they were. And I expect this year the ACC will be even better top to bottom than the SEC. I don't know how else I can rephrase this, but as long as you're going to bring up things I didn't say, or are irrelevant, I can't respond with anything new.

"Uh, have you read anything I just wrote? That's my point, the ACC continually beats the SEC in those things they call football games, but for some reason, the SEC is so much better. I guess winning the actual games means nothing"
This is you're quote....how is my reading disorder acting up now?
You want to argue the ACC is deeper top to bottom....another one of your
statements,but you want to pick and chose what games to back up your
argument.If you want say the middle of the road ACC teams are as good as or
better than the middle of the SEC teams,well say that then...because thats
the games you keep bringing up.
Top to bottom records,Nat'l championships,attendance,coaching,recruiting titles,
TV money,players on NFL teams,...the SEC is ahead of the ACC...
Please....show me where the ACC as good as the SEC.
Only three SEC teams have losing records All-time against the ACC (Ark,Miss. St.
and S.C)

LOL, well, seeing as how the FIRST thing I wrote was that I said I thought the ACC was better top to bottom, I didn't think I needed to repeat that every single time. But apparently, I did.

Please, don't bring up national championships and players in the NFL. Miami surpasses them all, and you know that. Don't be foolish. But that's not the point I'm making.

For the last time, the point I'm making is that the ACC is better top to bottom. Hopefully I don't need to say that anymore. I'm sure you can find some quotes that doesn't say that exactly, so I'm letting you know right now, because you didn't read my first post (even though you responded to it).

Back
Top Bottom